No announcement yet.

Alan Anderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't Sonny say he didn't see himself back with the raptors? Or did I dream that?

Anyways, I'd take Allen's grit and maturity over Weems' athleticism and talent. He'd be significantly cheaper too.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
      I rather bring back Sonny Weems.
      Purely for the drama, right?
      YOUNG GUNZZZ (the reunion)
      Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

we're going to draft Barnes or MKG so chances of this guy starting are slim. maybe he could mentor but he's really not big enough to play the 3 in the NBA. chances are he's gone

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          Didn't Sonny say he didn't see himself back with the raptors? Or did I dream that?

Anyways, I'd take Allen's grit and maturity over Weems' athleticism and talent. He'd be significantly cheaper too.
          Yeah, he said that Toronto wasn't his team, and that Toronto never mentions him in their longterm plans, which sounded to me like him just being a little personally insulted. But he did come out to a couple Raptors games after getting back from Europe, so maybe the organization reached out to him and patched things over a little. I think if anyone gives him an offer, the Raptors don't match, but if Weems doesn't get an offer, then they'll need to make a decision. He might be just interesting enough to be a trade-sweetener type asset for Colangelo.

Comment

Official

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Alan Anderson has re-signed with Toronto, agent Mark Bartelstein says.
            3rd string continues to come together!

Comment

Solid 3rd string wing, good signing

Comment

I remember last year when I went to the Orlando Magic game at the end of March. I went to the ACC right after classes so I didn't read up on the news that we signed a D-Leaguer to a 10 day contract.

When Alan Anderson was subbed in, I looked at the screen at the top of the arena and was thinking "what the hell? Anderson is on the Magic, not the Raps! Who the heck is this guy?"

Anyways, I don't remember the rest of the story, but what I do remember is getting free pizza and the rest of the league making fun of us. Aaaaah, good times.

Solid 3rd stringer signing.
                TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

I was happy with the job Anderson did last year and more than happy to have him back. He is not the kind of player who will make you cringe when he gets subbed in. And he provided great value last season. Field goal % was .387 and .393 from 3pt land. Free throw shooting at 85%. A low risk guy.

Comment

James Johnson became expendable when Coach Casey started playing Anderson and the team didn't look any different except maybe less flashy on the defensive end and a bit more disciplined at both ends. Anderson is the kind of depth guy a team needs on their bench - not demanding, does what he's told, competent.
                    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
                      James Johnson became expendable when Coach Casey started playing Anderson and the team didn't look any different except maybe less flashy on the defensive end and a bit more disciplined at both ends. Anderson is the kind of depth guy a team needs on their bench - not demanding, does what he's told, competent.
                      .... and is humbled enough after his experiences all over the world playing ball to be happy in this role. (At least that is the vibe I get from his interviews and looking at his playing history)

Comment

and the dude is a wet shooter. I love the way he plays, never backs down and takes his shot with confidence

Comment

They are bringing in guys like Acy Anderson and Gray who are all about hard work hard practice. Hoping the culture will rub off on DeDE and Bargs.
                          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Sonny suffered from the "I am Michael Jordan" syndrome. The minute he got the ball you knew he was going to shoot it.
                            @RavNation

Comment

YYZ wrote: View Post
                              Sonny suffered from the "I am Michael Jordan" syndrome. The minute he got the ball you knew he was going to shoot it.
                              He probably learned something about playing his role within a system in Europe which will help him if he lands on an nba team. If he does and gets about 10-15 minutes a game he might be(come) a decent role player.

Comment

Raps officially sign Alan Anderson

http://blog.raptors.com/press-releas...alan-anderson/
                                TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Working...
                                X