Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trade up

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    or maybe its because we are playing Milwaukee the very next day so he's giving his starters a rest?
    That's not a strategy Casey's used before. A close game versus a weak opponent (Detroit) would get priority over the next game versus a stronger opponent (Milwaukee). Casey was 100% tanking last night (although, probably as a result of Colangelo's "nudging").
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    That's not a strategy Casey's used before. A close game versus a weak opponent (Detroit) would get priority over the next game versus a stronger opponent (Milwaukee). Casey was 100% tanking last night (although, probably as a result of Colangelo's "nudging").
    This is from the Raptors PR.... er, I mean Doug Smith:

No big deal, really

Yes, DeMar DeRozan did not play in the fourth quarter and only played 28 minutes on the night – and played pretty well when he was out there – but, please, don’t read anything into it.

As Dwane said post-game, he just wanted to see what the other guys could give him in strange situations for them and if you can’t do that in Game 64 of a 66-game season against another going-nowhere team playing out the string, when can you do it?

Don’t be surprised if DeMar’s at about the same minutes tonight in Milwaukee or Thursday night at home; it’s nothing personal, it’s just that time of year.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...long-time.html

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    This is from the Raptors PR.... er, I mean Doug Smith:
    Haha...I suppose it's hypocritical of me, because I read his blog a lot -- but Doug Smith might be more of a homer than Matt Devlin. Which is impressive, in a sort of depressing way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information