istanbul escort - bursa escort - escort bayan - Antalya Escort
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50

Thread: Damian Lillard an Option if we Fall

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Damian Lillard an Option if we Fall

    With our next three games being crucial in determining our draft position before the lottery on May 30th I want to see what options are on the table in the late lottery picks. One player I've been following is Damian Lillard from Weber St. 6'2 PG who's quick, explosive, athletic, can create his own shot and for others, uses the pick and roll well, and doesn't turnover the ball a lot. He might be a guy that could be our PG of the future if we drop. Anyone else see other players that could be at play for our pick if we drop.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Rookie bounty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not much to dislike about his game. Score first PG with a silky touch. His assist numbers aren't great but either are his teammates. Hard worker that has improved drastically every year in college. Athletic but not a freak. Worth a look in the late lottery.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22,115
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DG88 wrote: View Post
    With our next three games being crucial in determining our draft position before the lottery on May 30th I want to see what options are on the table in the late lottery picks. One player I've been following is Damian Lillard from Weber St. 6'2 PG who's quick, explosive, athletic, can create his own shot and for others, uses the pick and roll well, and doesn't turnover the ball a lot. He might be a guy that could be our PG of the future if we drop. Anyone else see other players that could be at play for our pick if we drop.
    He reminds me of Charlie Jenkins and Reggie Jackson out of last year's draft.


    I wouldn't be reaching on a PG that is getting more hype due to a lack of PG's in the draft. I think he and Marshall's value are being artificially inflated due to a lack of PG's in the draft.... but that is just my opinion.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    4,796
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I like the pick too but this would definitely be the end Jerryd Bayless.
    @Chr1st1anL

  5. #5
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,142
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No thanks. A score first pg who turns the ball over more than he should and doesn't rack up high assist totals? why not just give Bayless the QO?

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    2 turnovers a game isn't bad compared to a guy like Tony Wroten Jr, another score first PG, who turns the ball over more than he generates assists. Lillard was the best scorer for his team so he had to score to keep them in games. It's not like he was inefficient at scoring the ball either, 2p% 51.7 3p% 41 FT% 89.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22,115
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DG88 wrote: View Post
    2 turnovers a game isn't bad compared to a guy like Tony Wroten Jr, another score first PG, who turns the ball over more than he generates assists. Lillard was the best scorer for his team so he had to score to keep them in games. It's not like he was inefficient at scoring the ball either, 2p% 51.7 3p% 41 FT% 89.
    Jimmer-esque.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    4,796
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    No thanks. A score first pg who turns the ball over more than he should and doesn't rack up high assist totals? why not just give Bayless the QO?
    Damian Lillard 2.2 TO/g 74 TOs
    Kendall Marshall 2.8 TO/g 101 TOs
    Jimmer Fredette 3.5 TO/g 131 TOs 10/11

    His pretty good at protecting the ball even seeing he had to make a play every position. Lillard translate way better to the NBA than Fredette.
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Apr