Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Damian Lillard an Option if we Fall

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't be angry if we dropped and drafted Marshall. Like you said, he's a pure point guard and has a special passing ability.
    Marshall can't shoot or get to the rim and has to pass the ball before the defence sets up. Why would a defence even bother to cover him? He passes the ball immediately because it's a hot potato with diminishing returns in his hands. With so few skills his options are limited! Not very impressed with passing point guards that can't shoot and have loads of talent around them to help make them look like they are making the right decisions. That said, he must have a high b-ball IQ because he usually gets the hot potato into the right hands.

Post Thanks / Like

If the Raptors were considering drafting Lillard, I'd rather see them trade the pick outright to Philly for Holiday.

Holiday is one month younger and NBA proven. He still has a long way to go to reach his potential.

Lillard reminds me of Charlie Jenkins and Reggie Jackson. Great college numbers but they were seniors as is Lillard (injury gave him a 2nd sophomore season). There doesn't seem to be anything that sets Lillard apart as a prospective top draft pick. In the year of no point guards, his value is artificially inflated.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If the Raptors were considering drafting Lillard, I'd rather see them trade the pick outright to Philly for Holiday.

Holiday is one month younger and NBA proven. He still has a long way to go to reach his potential.

Lillard reminds me of Charlie Jenkins and Reggie Jackson. Great college numbers but they were seniors as is Lillard (injury gave him a 2nd sophomore season). There doesn't seem to be anything that sets Lillard apart as a prospective top draft pick. In the year of no point guards, his value is artificially inflated.
    I really don't see why Philly would give up such a young talent though. I just don't see it, unless they want Lillard for some reason.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I really don't see why Philly would give up such a young talent though. I just don't see it, unless they want Lillard for some reason.
    Maybe they make another trade. Maybe the Raptors take Elton Brand in any deal. Maybe with cap space Philly addresses the PG in free agency (Dragic?). Maybe Philly is high on a player in the 6-9 range. Maybe Philly feels to reach full potential both Turner and Holiday need the ball in their hands and chooses to go with Turner.

I don't know why Philly would give him up either. While I think Holiday is a really good, defensive PG I don't see him as a Derrick Rose or Russell Westbrook.

The Sixers are built for mediocrity as currently assembled. You have to give a little to get a little. Holiday might be the piece they have to give to create financial flexibility and obtain more overall talent and depth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Draft wrote: View Post
    Marshall can't shoot or get to the rim and has to pass the ball before the defence sets up. Why would a defence even bother to cover him? He passes the ball immediately because it's a hot potato with diminishing returns in his hands. With so few skills his options are limited! Not very impressed with passing point guards that can't shoot and have loads of talent around them to help make them look like they are making the right decisions. That said, he must have a high b-ball IQ because he usually gets the hot potato into the right hands.
    His passing ability is incredible. It really is. That by itself makes him a huge asset. And if you watched him, didn't you notice him improving areas where people said he was weak? He was supposed to be a bad scorer w/an ugly shot, but he became a very good deep shooter by the end of the season. He also improved his ability to slash to the bucket and score for himself. Kendall strikes me as being the kind of player that will come back every season with a new skill. His athleticism is not so bad that he can't develop some defensive ability. I think he's well worth a late lotto pick.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote bounty wrote: View Post
    His passing ability is incredible. It really is. That by itself makes him a huge asset. And if you watched him, didn't you notice him improving areas where people said he was weak? He was supposed to be a bad scorer w/an ugly shot, but he became a very good deep shooter by the end of the season. He also improved his ability to slash to the bucket and score for himself. Kendall strikes me as being the kind of player that will come back every season with a new skill. His athleticism is not so bad that he can't develop some defensive ability. I think he's well worth a late lotto