Damian Lillard an Option if we Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Lillard is not a bad consolation prize - looks like he could be an NBA starter at the PG, who can work an offense.

Missing out on that upper echelon of talent in this draft would hurt, but adding a young rotation piece is not a horrible outcome.

Assuming he is not another Charlie Jenkins or Reggie Jackson. I'm not convinced he is not. I could be wrong but I don't see the talent in him to warrant a top 10 pick. I would much rather trade the pick than draft Lillard in the top 10.

I wonder if it would be possible to trade down to get another piece and Lillard.

Comment

We could fall down to the 8th pick. Lillard got NBA talent and he's not getting his due's because he played in a weaker conference and is 21 years old. Guys like Danny Granger and Kawhi Leonard were both from weaker conference and fell down in the draft because of the same reasons. I'd rather Lillard than PJ3, Sullinger or Henson.

Comment

DG88 wrote: View Post
        We could fall down to the 8th pick. Lillard got NBA talent and he's not getting his due's because he played in a weaker conference and is 21 years old. Guys like Danny Granger and Kawhi Leonard were both from weaker conference and fell down in the draft because of the same reasons. I'd rather Lillard than PJ3, Sullinger or Henson.
        I am not so sure that Marshall is not better value and prospect as a true PG.

Comment

Best Point Guard in the 2012 NBA Draft: Damian Lillard was projected as a second-round pick entering his junior season at Weber State. While his name was being mentioned in NBA circles, the 6’2 point guard still had a lot to prove. Now, after averaging 24.5 points and emerging as one of the best players in the nation, Lillard is projected as a lottery pick and considered the top point guard in this year’s draft.

“I do feel like I’m the best point guard in the draft class,” Lillard told HOOPSWORLD. “If I’m not the best, I feel like I’m just as good as anyone else. I just want to prove it now. I want to show people.”

In college, Lillard was forced to carry the scoring load for Weber State. He averaged the second-most points in the country. However, in the NBA, Lillard will likely be more of a distributor.

“I think my game will translate well to the NBA,” Lillard said. “I think I’ll still be able to score the ball, especially since I’ll have NBA-level players around me, but I’ll be able to make the players around me better as well. I don’t think I get enough credit for how I pass the ball because at Weber State I had to score a lot. That’s fine though. People will see what I can do at the next level.”

Lillard can’t wait to go through the pre-draft process and play against some of the best players in the country. Coming out of high school, Lillard was a two-star recruit and Weber State was the only school that offered him a scholarship. That has always motivated him and he’s looking forward to matching up against the players who have been ranked ahead of him until now.

“I’ve always had a chip on my shoulder and going into the draft, it’s only going to get bigger,” Lillard said. “People are going to doubt me and I’m ready for that. I’m looking forward to shocking people when I can match up with the big-name guys. I’m not afraid of anyone. I’m ready to go out and prove myself.”

“I’m really looking forward to it,” Lillard said. “Over the past six months, teams have come in and focused on shutting me down. Going against double teams and triple teams made everything a lot harder. Now, in these workouts and at the next level, I won’t have an entire group of players focusing on me. I’m looking forward to the workouts, going one-on-one or two-on-two. I think that’s going to be make things a lot easier for me.”

When asked to compare himself to a current NBA player, Lillard pauses for a moment before answering.

“Jeff Teague,” Lillard said. “I would compare myself to Jeff Teague. I study film of Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook, but I think when I get to the league, I’ll be similar to Jeff Teague. He’s about the same size as me, he can shoot, he’s a scoring point guard and he’s athletic.”

In the last six months, Lillard has proven himself and climbed draft boards as a result. He has solidified himself as a first round pick and now only one question remains. How much further will he climb?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-saturd...r-want-revenge
          If he is the next Jeff Teague just say no to Lillard.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            If he is the next Jeff Teague just say no to Lillard.
            I can't say I am high on Lillard, but I think Jeff Teague made some nice strides this year as the starter in Atlanta. His minutes jumped up huge, but what I like is so did his fg%, from 43.8 to 47.6. Going forward Teague could be a very steady PG....not that I like him as a fit for Toronto, just that he could be a Jameer Nelson type for years.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
            X