No announcement yet.

Damian Lillard an Option if we Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didn't Steph curry play in a division with not much competition?

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      didn't Steph curry play in a division with not much competition?
      Steph Curry played against much better competition. He also played against non-conference schools with big time programs like Michigan, UNC, UCLA, Georgetown. He also took his team to the Elite 8 in his sophmore year. When did Lillard do something like that? I'll wait for a bit while you to dig up that information.

Comment

when did i say anything about Lillard? I'm just askin

Comment

When I think of Holiday, all I see is him getting owned by D12 last season.

dumbest play of his short career so far, was him trying to out rebound D12.

NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

who cares? everyone gets dunked on. So you don't want Holiday cause he got dunked on by D12? thats the stupidest reason one could ever have

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              who cares? everyone gets dunked on. So you don't want Holiday cause he got dunked on by D12? thats the stupidest reason one could ever have
              Who the fuck said I didn't want him, learn to read, he's obviously a good player but not very memorable one. The only thing I remember of him was that play, it was the only one to my memory of bad play from him, so that must mean he's good right......
              Last edited by e2thed; Sun Apr 22, 2012, 01:35 PM.
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                Steph Curry played against much better competition. He also played against non-conference schools with big time programs like Michigan, UNC, UCLA, Georgetown. He also took his team to the Elite 8 in his sophmore year. When did Lillard do something like that? I'll wait for a bit while you to dig up that information.
                At the end of the day competition doesn't really matter. It's all about how your game translate to the NBA. Westbrook and Jrue Holiday both had sub-par careers in a big conference but still got drafted fairly high and contribute at the next level. Enes Kanter didn't even play a game but, scout knew his game would translate. Damian Lillard has three things that translate to automatically to the NBA quickness, shooting, and work ethic.

Once again I'd rather keep Jerryd Bayless but, what if he want too much money? Damian Lillard would come in and fill in that scoring punch off the bench at a cheaper cost than Bayless and Dragic.
                Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sun Apr 22, 2012, 02:58 PM.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  At the end of the day competition doesn't really matter. It's all about how your game translate to the NBA. Westbrook and Jrue Holiday both had sub-par careers in a big conference but still got drafted fairly high and contribute at the next level. Enes Kanter didn't even play a game but, scout knew his game would translate. Damian Lillard has three things that translate to automatically to the NBA quickness, shooting, and work ethic.

Once again I'd rather keep Jerryd Bayless but, what if he want too much money? Damian Lillard would come in and fill in that scoring punch off the bench at a cheaper cost than Bayless and Dragic.
                  Exactly Lillard has NBA qualities that will translate to the NBA game if you can't see this because of the competition he face then you can say the same thing for George Hill and Paul George. Yet almost all of you would want them.

Comment

So my opinion is that I'm not sold on him because he played against inferior competition. For me, that plays a major role in deciding if this guy is right for us. You want to have a guy who has played against solid competition - or else his skills and numbers seem somewhat skewed. In regards to Westbrook, he put up some decent numbers as a sophmore and garnered PAC-10 DPOY. As for Holiday, he only played 1 season at UCLA, and his point guard skills weren't put up on display because UCLA used Darren Collison at the 1.
                    My opinion on Lillard could change when workouts transpire (but I doubt it). You're right that he's got good work ethic and that he can shoot - both things going for him, but we're not looking for a shoot-first PG.

You know how stongly opposed I am to having this team choosing Lillard? I would seriously consider following some other team if it happens. That goes for Perry Jones too.

Comment

DG88 wrote: View Post
                      Exactly Lillard has NBA qualities that will translate to the NBA game if you can't see this because of the competition he face then you can say the same thing for George Hill and Paul George. Yet almost all of you would want them.
                      Did I ever say that Lillard wouldn't be a good pro? Hill is a sold player. Would I want him on this team? Perhaps..and over Calderon? No. His point guard skills leave a lot to be desired. As it stands, he's an undersized 2. We have one of those. His name is Jerryd Bayless. As for George, he has talent, but he's yet to put it together. Let's wait for that before annointing him as a fantastic player.

Comment

So my opinion is that I'm not sold on him because he played against inferior competition. For me, that plays a major role in deciding if this guy is right for us. You want to have a guy who has played against solid competition - or else his skills and numbers seem somewhat skewed. In regards to Westbrook, he put up some decent numbers as a sophmore and garnered PAC-10 DPOY. As for Holiday, he only played 1 season at UCLA, and his point guard skills weren't put up on display because UCLA used Darren Collison at the 1.
                        My opinion on Lillard could change when workouts transpire (but I doubt it). You're right that he's got good work ethic and that he can shoot - both things going for him, but we're not looking for a shoot-first PG.

You know how stongly opposed I am to having this team choosing Lillard? I would seriously consider following some other team if it happens. That goes for Perry Jones too.
                        Did I miss a press conference when BryCo said "Were looking for the Pass-First point guard of the future"
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Did I miss a press conference when BryCo said "Were looking for the Pass-First point guard of the future"
                          I'm sorry, you're right. Pass-first point guards have always been the hallmark of Bryan Colangelo teams. I surrender. You win.
                          Last edited by MangoKid; Sun Apr 22, 2012, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry, you're right. Pass-first point guards have always been the hallmark of Bryan Colangelo teams. I surrender. You win.
                            He only traded for Nash and TJ ford. Calderon was already here and he over payed him. If he only wanted a Pass-First PG he would of never traded for JB
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

He only traded for Nash and TJ ford. Calderon was already here and he over payed him. If he only wanted a Pass-First PG he would of never traded for JB
                              Colangelo never traded for Nash. He traded Nash as part of a package for Jason Kidd. The only non-pass first point guard he had running his team was Stephon Marbury - and yet, he avergaed 8-9 assists per game - and he didn't last long - just 2 seasons.

I don't think brass would not pick up the QO on Bayless, just to select Lillard. It makes absoluely no sense. If brass parts ways with Bayless - which is a distinct possibility, they won't acquire someone who virtually has the same game.

Of course, that's just my take on it.

Comment

Lillard is not a bad consolation prize - looks like he could be an NBA starter at the PG, who can work an offense.

Missing out on that upper echelon of talent in this draft would hurt, but adding a young rotation piece is not a horrible outcome.
                                The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Working...
                                X