Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Kyle Lowry? Or Goran Dragić?

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Kyle Lowry? Or Goran Dragić?

    For the past year or so, people have been interested in trading with the Rockets for Goran Dragic and I'm partly one of those people, but there hasn't been much talk about Kyle Lowry. I don't think that the Rockets are gonna trade away Goran Dragic especially since the way he's been playing as of late. With two starting-caliber point guards, this makes Kyle Lowry a good trade asset for the Rockets. I was wondering if anyone has any trade ideas for Lowry or is every interest in Lowry?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,053
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The only problem is Dragic is unrestricted. Houston has no leverage over him.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah no way in hell Lowry gets traded unless they are getting a star.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We need Goran next year to go deep in playoffs, he's like Jerryd but has length and wayyy better passer.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i wouldn't mind dragic. But a lot of teams will be after him so we'll need to give him a good offer.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    603
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We can get Goran if we offer him 40 million over next 4 years. We have to move Calderon to another team if we want to offer him that kind of money. But that is almost elite-level salary for a PG. Tony parker and Nash are paid close to 12million/year.

    Felton, Andre Miller, Nelson and Harris serve as a lesson for the return you can expect if you offer ordinary PGs extraordinary money.

    Why not get one of these guys as a second PG instead? Beaubois, Vasquez , Lou, DJ Augustin, Darren Collison, CJ watson, Farmar, J.Kidd, Bledsoe, JJbarea, ridnour, Flynn, P.Mills, gary neal.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    Yeah no way in hell Lowry gets traded unless they are getting a star.


    http://www.raptorshq.com/2012/5/26/3...ay-for-raptors


    Looks like a pretty sure thing now.

    The question is what do we give:

    Solve our front court log jam by dealing Davis or Amir?

    Trade the pick?

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,053
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
    http://www.raptorshq.com/2012/5/26/3...ay-for-raptors


    Looks like a pretty sure thing now.

    The question is what do we give:

    Solve our front court log jam by dealing Davis or Amir?

    Trade the pick?
    How is it a sure thing?

    Dragic is unrestricted. He might want out of Houston more than Lowry - the difference is he has control over his situation.

    The article/blog post is much like anything found on RR: fan speculation.

    The key line in the article:

    So there's no guarantee Lowry's going anywhere, let alone Toronto

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,702
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sign Dragic, trade for Lowry.

    Simple.
    @jerboat

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Sign Dragic, trade for Lowry.

    Simple.
    Now there's a man with a plan! HA!

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah I had made that post before finding out about Lowry not liking McHale (or whatever the problem is there). Finding out he is not very happy with the franchise changes things slightly, but it is still nothing close to "a sure thing".

    Houston is not going to trade him just to trade him. They are going to want to get tons of value back, he is arguably their best player. I do not think we could give them an offer that will be better then others they will receive. Not to mention I think they are going to try to solve whatever problem they have with Lowry rather then trading him.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Here is my Lowry to Toronto trade idea:
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=766mfp5

    Toronto gets: Lowry, Miller
    Toronto sends: Calderon, JJ
    Rational: Toronto receives a backup center/veteran to help mentor JV, and Lowry. Only assets they give up are Jose's expiring contract and JJ. Miller is an expiring contract next year as well and they could use their TPE for either contract to help keep cap space free for free agency.

    Houston gets: Gasol, Calderon, JJ
    Houston sends: Lowry, Scola, Martin
    Rational: Houston gets to pair up Gasol with Calderon. They lose the assets they were going to anyways for Gasol but get Calderon as well. They don't need to worry if Dragic leaves in free agency.

    LAL gets: Scola, Williams
    LAL sends: Gasol
    Rational: LA gets younger with Williams. To help them out further, Houston could also offer up one of its lottery picks (although I don't think its needed since they get the #2 pick from last year's draft and a capable PF).

    Minny gets: Martin
    Minny sends: Williams, Miller
    Rational: Minny needs a SG more than anything. Beasley can then take over the SF spot and not have to fight Williams for it.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Here is my Lowry to Toronto trade idea:
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=766mfp5

    Toronto gets: Lowry, Miller
    Toronto sends: Calderon, JJ
    Rational: Toronto receives a backup center/veteran to help mentor JV, and Lowry. Only assets they give up are Jose's expiring contract and JJ. Miller is an expiring contract next year as well and they could use their TPE for either contract to help keep cap space free for free agency.

    Houston gets: Gasol, Calderon, JJ
    Houston sends: Lowry, Scola, Martin
    Rational: Houston gets to pair up Gasol with Calderon. They lose the assets they were going to anyways for Gasol but get Calderon as well. They don't need to worry if Dragic leaves in free agency.

    LAL gets: Scola, Williams
    LAL sends: Gasol
    Rational: LA gets younger with Williams. To help them out further, Houston could also offer up one of its lottery picks (although I don't think its needed since they get the #2 pick from last year's draft and a capable PF).

    Minny gets: Martin
    Minny sends: Williams, Miller
    Rational: Minny needs a SG more than anything. Beasley can then take over the SF spot and not have to fight Williams for it.
    I have been thinking along the same lines as well, and I would bet Beasley is done in a sign and trade instead of Williams since that almost happened at the trade deadline.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •