Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyreke Evans: Kings not offering extension? (60)

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd take a gamble on Tyreke ... At the very least I see him as an upgrade over Demar at the SG spot.

Not to forget, he averaged 20/5/5 as a rookie, playing POINT guard. Maybe he could play with DD, who knows ...

Sacramento has been such a mess lately, relocation threats, arena issues, coaching changes - maybe Casey and T-dot helps Reke.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    We offer Andrea Bargnani + Jose Calderon + Linas Kleiza + Rights of Valanciunas
    Sacramento gives us Cousins + Evans + Francisco Garcia
    Then we draft a PF in either Thomas Robinson or Sullinger and call it a day and get ready for 2012-13 season. Trade our two second rounders for a mid 1st and draft Marquis Teague.
    Sign Steve Nash

Nash/Bayless/Teague
    T.Evans/A.Andersen/G.Forbes
    DeRozan/J.Johnson/F.Garcia
    Robinson or Sullinger/Davis/Amir
    Cousins/Gray/FA
    Now we dont have just one, but 3 headcases. Do you want DC to run for the hills in just one season?
    I think it definitely looks good on paper, but the personalities and attitudes of these three will be major, major issues down the road.

Id probably go for Tyreke, and only Tyreke. Amir for Tyreke. Or sign and trade Bayless with Forbes for Tyreke.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'd take Tyreke Evans for Derozan

Tyreke evans is a real good player. His stock is low because Isaiah Thomas took the PG spot and the Kings are forcing him to play the SF.

Tyreke Evans for Derozan is a steal ... you can easily throw in a 2nd rounder as well.

to make salaries match, Tyreke Evans + Jimmer for Derozan + Amir Johnson works. Jimmer can play the role of a Barbosa. Would be better if they include Terrence Williams instead of Jimmer, but they probably won't. Amir is redundant with Ed Davis.

Or maybe sign and trade Bayless, and package him with Derozan to get Tyreke Evans and Terrence Williams. Jose can surely backup Tyreke.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...t=tyreke+Evans

Now let's continue talking about this.
    Please BC leave this man in a visitors uniform

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Forget Reke~

I'd tell the NO GM to trade us Gordon for DD + ED cause we'll be putting a max offer for him anyways (well I hope that's that BC will do). So either match us or take our other offer.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gordon's awesome....

....that is, when he plays :|
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote bounty wrote: View Post
    All that Evan's is missing from his game is a jumpshot, and when (not if) he develops one he will be unstoppable. Even now Tyreke is putting up similar numbers like Jennings, he showed his rookie year how good he can be when no one was sure about his jumper (20pts5reb5asts). He can bull his way past any PG-SG in the league and get anywhere on the floor with ease. Let me just be bold here and say that I can see him being one of the best players in the league hands down in 4-5 years. He has all the tools everything hinges on that jumpshot.
    He has the tools to maybe be that - but his desire seems to be gone. Maybe just the loosing? maybe now he is rich and doesn't care as much.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors2012 wrote: View Post
    Forget Reke~

I'd tell the NO GM to trade us Gordon for DD + ED cause we'll be putting a max offer for him anyways (well I hope that's that BC will do). So either match us or take our other offer.
    Gordon should not get a max deal.

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would do calderon and 2 second round picks/Ed Davis for Tyreke Evans.

Post Thanks / Like

I expect the Kings would ask for too much for Evans. I wonder if Amir/Davis and possibly some combination of 2012 2nd round pick(s) and 2013 1st round pick would be enough? I highly doubt it and I'm not sure Evans is enough of an upgrade over DeRozan. If I were giving up DeRozan, I'd rather be doing so for a player like Batum, Mayo or Gay.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Gordon's awesome....

....that is, when he plays :|
    Max money + Limited Play = Angry fans in 2013 with finely calibrated hindsight vision

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's an idea:

Demar Derozan + Gary Forbes for Tyreke Evans.

The scenario works well in realgm: http://basketball.realgm.com/tradech..._trade/6077281

Kings want a player that can better play the guard and forward without the ball and still with potential (derozan). Raptors would love to get a tougher, more athletic, all-around point guard that can defend. We have plenty of shooters on board already.

Thoughts ?

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just not convinced Evans is a PG. I think I would prefer Dragic quarterbacking our offense.

I think Evans is better suited playing SG.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

The Kings seem to think he is not a PG and they're not happy with his consistency or his shot selection. Maybe Casey turns him around, I don't know but right now he's just as likely to see a "Mighty Mouse" type career path as he is to reach his potential in my opinion.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Evans playing SG when he has no jumper? I would let him go at PG. Casey is not going to put up with any bullshit and he has no gang ties in Canada so it could be good for him to just focus on playing. In terms of trades I think Amir + Calderon/Kleiza for Evans and salary filler is about all Im willing to part with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Darien wrote: View Post
    Evans playing SG when he has no jumper? I would let him go at PG. Casey is not going to put up with any bullshit and he has no gang ties in Canada so it could be good for him to just focus on playing. In terms of trades I think Amir + Calderon/Kleiza for Evans and salary filler is about all Im willing to part with.
    Yeah, or this drive by b.s. is just the tip of the ice berg and it later turns out he loses his privileges to fly abroad. Or he's not happy about being away for his murderous friends and opts to bail on the Raptors at the end of his rookie deal. Lots could go wrong and I'm not sure why the Raptors need to be getting in bed with him when they could use those trade assets to go land somebody of strong character. If Colangelo and Casey are dedicated to their system then they don't touch this guy, no way, no how.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Gordon should not get a max deal.
    No- Gordon is probably worth 10~12mil/year

"BUT" we have the cap room to secure one of the best SG's in the game. It's all about financial strategy. So we'll be over spending but we'll be over spending while we're develop players on rookie contracts. Also, I'd rather overspend on Gordon than on Demar&Bayless.

How else do you think we're going to bring over young studs via non-draft route? Nobody wants to trade for our garbage players. I think some Raps fans totally over value what DD will bring back in a trade. Also, you ain't gonna get a CP3 type player saying "oh yes, I'll opt out because I so want to sign with the Raptors".

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'm just not convinced Evans is a PG. I think I would prefer Dragic quarterbacking our offense.

I think Evans is better suited playing SG.
    Then let him play SG, I see no problem with that.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors2012 wrote: View Post
    No- Gordon is probably worth 10~12mil/year

"BUT" we have the cap room to secure one of the best SG's in the game. It's all about financial strategy. So we'll be over spending but we'll be over spending while we're develop players on rookie contracts. Also, I'd rather overspend on Gordon than on Demar&Bayless.

How else do you think we're going to bring over young studs via non-draft route? Nobody wants to trade for our garbage players. I think some Raps fans totally over value what DD will bring back in a trade. Also, you ain't gonna get a CP3 type player saying "oh yes, I'll opt out because I so want to sign with the Raptors".
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1496/eric-gordon

the first bit shows how he only played 9 games this year and before this year has never played a whole season. gordon is a dont wan't.

evans is another don't want for me. i can't see anyway colangelo or casey would roll the dice on a player who has shown to be selfish and hard to coach on top of all the other garbage.

i am much happier throwing money at mayo then either of these players or if it has to be sign and trade sending demar or davis/amir if possible.

for me a player who can't stay on the court can never be in the conversation of best young shooting guard. he has the skills and the potential but so does greg oden. not helping the team from the bench or weight room.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1496/eric-gordon

the first bit shows how he only played 9 games this year and before this year has never played a whole season. gordon is a dont wan't.

evans is another don't want for me. i can't see anyway colangelo or casey would roll the dice on a player who has shown to be selfish and hard to coach on top of all the other garbage.

i am much happier throwing money at mayo then either of these players or if it has to be sign and trade sending demar or davis/amir if possible.

for me a player who can't stay on the court can never be in the conversation of best young shooting guard. he has the skills and the potential but so does greg oden. not helping the team from the bench or weight room.
    It's not like he had the same injury every year. He's not like a Curry or Oden. Well, at least he hasn't shown to have a chronic injury. Mayo's a good player but we need a pure stud.

Look at what he's being doing after not playing the whole year. After the summer and a training camp~ watch out!

Thread Information