Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tyreke Evans: Kings not offering extension? (60)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Bargnani and Amir for Evans.
    ummmmmmm NO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    Bargnani and Amir for Evans and Cousins.
    So instead of picking up one guy with no shot we through in a double double team destroying knucklehead?

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    So instead of picking up one guy with no shot we through in a double double team destroying knucklehead?
    With Bargnani, the hope is that the 13 games prior to injury was the real Bargnani.
    With Amir, the hope is that he stays healthy, and produces at the same efficiency he showed last year.

With Evans, the hope would be that he improves his shot.
    With Cousins, the hope would be that he matures mentally.

So when evaluating this trade, how is one set of "hopes" less of a gamble than the other? In both scenarios, if they work, they're great. If they don't, they're terrible.

But when you add in the talent factor into the evaluations, the combination of Evans and Cousins have far more talent than Bargnani and Amir.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Tue Apr 24th, 2012 at 11:29 AM.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    With Bargnani, the hope is that the 13 games prior to injury was the real Bargnani.
    With Amir, the hope is that he stays healthy, and produces at the same efficiency he showed last year.

With Evans, the hope would be that he improves his shot.
    With Cousins, the hope would be that he matures mentally.

So when evaluating this trade, how is one set of "hopes" less of a gamble than the other? In both scenarios, if they work, they're great. If they don't, they're terrible.

But when you add in the talent factor, Evans and Cousins have far more talent than Bargnani and Amir.
    I disagree with the talent, bargnani might be more talented than evans or cousins. Evans hasn't shown it yet and cousins is playing great but his screw is a bit loose and he's not a smart defender. Amir isn't even in the mix because all 3 of these guys have a lot more talent, no offense to amir

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I disagree with the talent, bargnani might be more talented than evans or cousins. Evans hasn't shown it yet and cousins is playing great but his screw is a bit loose and he's not a smart defender. Amir isn't even in the mix because all 3 of these guys have a lot more talent, no offense to amir
    Agreed. Team chemistry cannot be overlooked either, which I see as the biggest knocks against both Cousins and Evans. They both have reputations of being selfish me-first type players or just knuckleheads. I wouldn't want to build around players/people like that. Bargnani can improve his defense, rebounding and consistency, but Cousins/Evans can't improve their character.

Post Thanks / Like

I edited my comment to read, "the combination of".

Bargnani is as talented as either Evans or Cousins (it's close either way). But Amir isn't even close, which tilts the trade in favour of Evans/Cousins.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Agreed. Team chemistry cannot be overlooked either, which I see as the biggest knocks against both Cousins and Evans. They both have reputations of being selfish me-first type players or just knuckleheads. I wouldn't want to build around players/people like that. Bargnani can improve his defense, rebounding and consistency, but Cousins/Evans can't improve their character.
    Not necessarily true. IMO the odds of Bargnani improving his defence and rebounding are just as likely/unlikely as Evans and Cousins maturing (after all, they're still kids).

One of the biggest knuckleheads in the league (Rasheed Wallace) was able to control himself to the point where he was a legit asset on a championship calibre team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Not necessarily true. IMO the odds of Bargnani improving his defence and rebounding are just as likely/unlikely as Evans and Cousins maturing (after all, they're still kids).

One of the biggest knuckleheads in the league (Rasheed Wallace) was able to control himself to the point where he was a legit asset on a championship calibre team.
    It's a fair opinion and I was super high on both Evans and Cousins as potential Raptor draft picks, but I'd take a pass on both now, regardless of the players involved in trade. With JV coming in, I'd rather have Bargnani than Cousins. Evans is the more intriguing of the two, but I worry that he's too much of a black hole at PG (just another like Ford, Jack and Bayless) and isn't a good enough long-range shooter to play SG. I would much rather overpay for Batum or Mayo, as they seem like more well rounded players.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bargnani shouldn't be traded

Bargnani shouldn't be traded. He's got the most talent of the whole team. Unless we get an all-star back, or a high lotto pick along with a starter, I wouldn't consider it. Bargnani is aiming for an all-star season. He's got high basketball IQ and would pair up well with Jonas.

Derozan is an athletic scorer that doesn't do much else. I actually value James Johnson higher than Derozan simply because Johnson brings in a whole game package (rebounds, steals, blocks). Neither are good passers. But Derozan has more value as the 1st/2nd option of this team towards other teams.

I think Ed Davis just needs minutes. That's by trading Amir.

To Sacramento: Demar Derozan + Amir Johnson
    To Toronto: Tyreke Evans + Mid-Late Orlando 1st rounder
    To Orlando: Jimmer Fredette

and then flip Jimmer F. to Orlando or Miami for their late first rounder. If this allows us to draft a guy like Royce White or Tony Mitchell, that'd be a great value pick.
    Last edited by changv10; Wed Apr 25th, 2012 at 10:17 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote changv10 wrote: View Post
    To Utah: Demar Derozan + Amir Johnson
    To Toronto: Tyreke Evans + Mid-Late Orlando 1st rounder
    To Orlando: Jimmer Fredette

and then flip Jimmer F. to Orlando or Miami for their late first rounder. If this allows us to draft a guy like Royce White or Tony Mitchell, that'd be a great value pick.
    Then what does Sac-town get LOL.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tyreke needs to get out of Sac-town,,,but he's way too overrated. Thinks about this, Thornton is a better 2-guard and Thomas is a better 1-guard than Tyreke. He's not even a starter caliber talent on one of the worst teams in the league and you want him in T.O.?
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

if cousins wasn't crazy, i think he is the most talented of that bunch. that kid is good. the only thing bargs has on him is a 3 ball. cousins can hit the long twos. can go to the hole, has great inside moves and rebounds at a great clip. poor kid has to fix his head though

Post Thanks / Like

i'd flip bargs for cousins in a heartbeat
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

WJF

What would it take to get Evans from Sacramento if Toronto was including Derozan, would Toronto want to take a chance on Evans?

Steve Kyler

Evans value is really lowÖ I donít think Toronto gives up DeMar for EvansÖ I think they have the better guy.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-rumors...-kyler-4-26-12

Interesting answer.

If it was just based on basketball, I'd take Evans hands down.

Unfortunately, there are other issues to consider when looking at Tyreke.

If it was 1 for 1 trade, I think I'd take Evans.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Interesting answer.

If it was just based on basketball, I'd take Evans hands down.

Unfortunately, there are other issues to consider when looking at Tyreke.

If it was 1 for 1 trade, I think I'd take Evans.
    I threw that out there to get a non-raptor fan opinion. While I am not super high on DeMar, he by no means is worth getting rid of for a lateral move. Evans is more of a play-maker, but DeMar is steady.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    I threw that out there to get a non-raptor fan opinion. While I am not super high on DeMar, he by no means is worth getting rid of for a lateral move. Evans is more of a play-maker, but DeMar is steady.
    I think Evans has much more talent.

Sacramento is a really toxic environment. A change could do Evans a world of wonders. That would be a judgement BC and co. would have to make.

But from a strictly basketball perspective I think it is a no-brainer.

Factoring in the 'other' elements, it becomes cloudy.

This is just my opinion, of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Sacramento is a really toxic environment. A change could do Evans a world of wonders. That would be a judgement BC and co. would have to make.

I agree. Evans is the far more talented player. But like you said, his off-court issues make him risky.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

or perhaps he brings the toxicity with him.

not worth the risk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jbml wrote: View Post
    or perhaps he brings the toxicity with him.

not worth the risk
    It is a possibility.

That is where management judgment comes in to play.

If we are talking straight basketball though, there is no doubt Evans is the better talent.

Of course there is much more than talent to factor in - and I think we are all on the same page here.

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Would you trade for Evans?

Tyreke Evans contract isn't being renewed by Sacramento. Although it's been a bumpy ride for Evans, he was the roy 2 years ago and he has shown flashes of brilliance along with some not so brilliant moments. If we can pick him up, our back-court will be set for the next 10 years. Then possibly draft a sf or sg in the draft and see what happens next season. So my question to you guys is would you want Evans in a raptors uniform next season? And if so, what do we need to give up to get him?

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...s=iref:nbahpt1

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information