Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyreke Evans: Kings not offering extension? (60)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow had no idea that this trade idea has been going around for that long lol
    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Neither did i
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Evans is only interesting as a SG, not a PG. I don't think he's going to get a starting 1 job anywhere in the league at this point, but he definitely has talent at the 2 and will likely get well-paid by someone.

I still wouldn't want him here, though. I don't see enough delta, skillwise, between he and Derozan, to make up for the mental/chemistry issues. To me, the risk is higher than the potential reward, and since they'll end up commanding a similar salary on their next contracts, I'd stick with DD for another year.
        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

It would be awesome to have Evans coming off the bench similar to harden or as a starting 1 or back up sg. I don't agree with the statement that he can't play the 1. he averaged 5+ assists in his career I think he can be a 6 or 7 assist guy in Toronto. What stands out to me is his ability to score, he averaged 18+ ppg in his career so far. Another thing that stands out to me is his defense. He has great hands gets a lot of steals. My only knack on him is his shooting and that's why I believe this trade might not happen. DC already pointed out our lack of shooters and the need to add them this off season. So i guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.
          We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

He's not a good defender. He may have the physical talents to be good at that end, but he's too lazy/complacent. Maybe Casey could coach that out of him, but his history of taking coaching well suggest otherwise.

He's also not definitely not cut out to be an NBA PG. Sacramento moved him from the 1 to the 2 this season in favour of an unproven, undersized rookie, then moved him from the 2 to the 3 as an experiment when his poor perimeter shooting made him a liability at the SG spot. He plays me-first, 1-on-1 AAU ball in the NBA, and that won't cut it for a PG. The mere fact that Sacramento is not extending their own former ROY should be red-flag enough.
            Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
              Tyreke Evans contract isn't being renewed by Sacramento. Although it's been a bumpy ride for Evans, he was the roy 2 years ago and he has shown flashes of brilliance along with some not so brilliant moments. If we can pick him up, our back-court will be set for the next 10 years. Then possibly draft a sf or sg in the draft and see what happens next season. So my question to you guys is would you want Evans in a raptors uniform next season? And if so, what do we need to give up to get him?

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...s=iref:nbahpt1
              Colangelo isn't going to go after a player who was the driver in a drive by shooting.

Comment

the only player i would move derozan for would be marcus thornton as a shoting the guy can be a bonafide scorer for the perimiter and with calderon he will blossom (all-star) avg 20 + easy
                and not expensive either
                Last edited by ab7; Sat Jun 9, 2012, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Colangelo isn't going to go after a player who was the driver in a drive by shooting.
                  You'd expect much better from a guy named Tyreke.

Comment

Is Tyreke really any better than Bayless?

Comment

Tyreke Evans Rumours?

There's a faint rumour going around that Colangelo has inquired about Tyreke Evans based on this blurb:

The Toronto Raptors are also aggressively shopping for a star-caliber small forward, and have been tied to talks surrounding Tyreke Evans and Andre Iguodala. They have now also reportedly added Gay to their wishlist.
                      http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-2-memp...ading-rudy-gay

Aside from the fact that Evans is implied to be a small forward (WTF?), does anyone know if there's any credibility to this rumour? The Kings already have the 5th pick, so it's not like our 8th pick would have them drooling. And is DeRozan or Calderon enough to pique their interest?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        There's a faint rumour going around that Colangelo has inquired about Tyreke Evans based on this blurb:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-2-memp...ading-rudy-gay

Aside from the fact that Evans is implied to be a small forward (WTF?), does anyone know if there's any credibility to this rumour? The Kings already have the 5th pick, so it's not like our 8th pick would have them drooling. And is DeRozan or Calderon enough to pique their interest?
                        While Tyreke did play a little small forward this year with the Kings, there is no way he does it for 82 games a year, I would rather Demar as a 3, and I don't want him playing there at all.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                          While Tyreke did play a little small forward this year with the Kings, there is no way he does it for 82 games a year, I would rather Demar as a 3, and I don't want him playing there at all.
                          Which is pretty much why I'd stay away from Tyreke Evans. ROY to a player without a position in 3 seasons. He was tried at SG and SF this year and wasn't efficient at either spot, and he's always had the stigma of "difficult to coach" attached to him. Do not want.

Comment

Not worth what the Kings probably want for him. I read somewhere that he was being shopped as the main piece in a deal for Gay. DD is an inch taller, scoring equal but about 2 pg less in ast & reb. Defensively they are probably a wash. I cant see the upside.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              I think Evans has much more talent.

Sacramento is a really toxic environment. A change could do Evans a world of wonders. That would be a judgement BC and co. would have to make.
                              Factoring in the 'other' elements, it becomes cloudy.
                              This is just my opinion, of course.
                              But from a strictly basketball perspective I think it is a no-brainer.
                              I agree change of pace/city might work. Also, Evans is still a kid/young man. Lets give him a break. Would he be a huge upgrade over DD now? Probably not, but with a much higher upside AND he can play PG (if we stay with Jose & Bayless, both injury prone).
                              From some comments I've read, it might cost us less than DD for Evans, as market/interest in Evans is not huge.
                              Would Kings take Ed Davis, S&T Bayless & 2013 No 1 (Say top 5 protected)? That might be the best offer.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                                Not worth what the Kings probably want for him. I read somewhere that he was being shopped as the main piece in a deal for Gay. DD is an inch taller, scoring equal but about 2 pg less in ast & reb. Defensively they are probably a wash. I cant see the upside.
                                Evans can go to the hoop pretty much anytime he wants against just about anybody. Something, nobody on our team can do (Bayless at times).

Comment

Working...
                                X