No announcement yet.

Amir Johnson for O.J. Mayo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are lots of one dimensional guys you can get for much cheaper than Mayo..and won't create a fuss in the locker room.

Don't get me wrong, I do like OJ Mayo. I'd like to have him on this team - but for the right price and if he knows that he probably won't start ahead of Demar. Problem is, he probably won't want to play second fiddle to DeRozan -I know he (mayo) was unhappy when he was pulled from his starting role.
    Last edited by MangoKid; Tue Apr 24, 2012, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Yeah I remember this too. Then let's give a shot at Lou Williams.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        Yeah I remember this too. Then let's give a shot at Lou Williams.

Lou Williams seems to be a guy this forum is interested in. But even his teammate said he can't play defense...
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Ok, then what do you think about finally bring in Pietrus? If this ain't happening, then we should just re-sign Anderson and let Forbes show what he can do a full year as the primary backup shooting guard.

Comment

Ok, then what do you think about finally bring in Pietrus? If this ain't happening, then we should just re-sign Anderson and let Forbes show what he can do a full year as the primary backup shooting guard.
            Pietrus is good, but there was a reason why he didn't come THIS season, and that was B.C's decision.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

What about just starting OJ Mayo? Demar's been doing well but it might make him fight for minutes, we could try DD at the 3 spot too to give extra time. Worse come to worse ship off derozan for another asset. I like DD but I'd be interested in locking down upgrades in talent like Mayo.
              in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

koncept wrote: View Post
                What about just starting OJ Mayo? Demar's been doing well but it might make him fight for minutes, we could try DD at the 3 spot too to give extra time. Worse come to worse ship off derozan for another asset. I like DD but I'd be interested in locking down upgrades in talent like Mayo.
                I agree with it. Also, if we draft a PG, we could move Bayless to the 2 spot. Another idea if we can't trade for Mayo or sign/draft a starting SG or SF, would be to trade Amir for Ryan Gomes straight up. Here is what our 18 men could be at the training camp:

Centers: Jonas Valanciunas, Aaron Gray, Jamaal Magloire, Solomon Alabi
                Power forwards: Andrea Bargnani, Ed Davis, Rookie
                Small forwards: James Johnson, Linas Kleiza, Ryan Gomes
                Shooting guards: DeMar DeRozan, Jerryd Bayless, Gary Forbes, Alan Anderson
                Point guards: Jose Calderon, Kendall Marshall, Ben Uzoh, Rookie

Comment

Ryan Gomes?

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    Ryan Gomes?
                    Well, him or another backup SF who won't cost too much...

Comment

Well, him or another backup SF who won't cost too much...
                      You want to trade Amir for a guy who makes 4 million a season to languish on the bench in street clothes and appear on the inactive list?

Comment

haha. yea the idea is right, but Ryan Gomez might not be the right guy to trade for.
                        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Then let's trade Amir for a second round pick, plain and simple.

Valanciunas/Gray/Magloire/Alabi
                          Bargnani/Davis/Kleiza
                          DeRozan/Johnson
                          Bayless/Forbes/Anderson
                          Calderon/Marshall/Wayns

Casey said he wanted to put Bayless at the 2 spot, comparing him to Harden and Terry. Since Bayless prefer to be a PG, why not do a compromise and make him our starting SG? I really like this roster right here. What about you guys?

Comment

that's essentially our roster as it stands and it really got no where.
                            JV won't be a huge contributor out of the gates but may come into his own, especially if calderon is running pick and rolls with him, and understands his role in the defensive schemes casey makes. that would be a really small line up though, with no above average rebounders, though it would have some decent offensive potency. with demar cutting and (hopefully) hitting midrange and some 3pt shots, bayless driving and spotting up from calderon feeds, and bargs doing his work, i think it could work out on that end. Defense.... let's not get started shall we?

Comment

Then let's trade Amir for Okafor and Forbes and both of our 2nd round picks for Mo Williams.

Valanciunas/Okafor/Gray/Alabi
                              Bargnani/Davis/Magloire
                              DeRozan/Johnson/Kleiza
                              Bayless/Williams/Anderson
                              Calderon/Marshall/

Comment

OJ Mayo could play point guard
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X