Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbihis wrote: View Post
    That is true....

But if we give up the players that we currently have, wont the players that we traded for eventually have to get paid too? If the team acquires players significantly "better" than JV, Derozan and the pick, wont that bury the team farther in cap in 2-3 years? so the only way to make it all worth it is they become a contender within those 2-3 years?

Im not being sarcastic, i really want to find out how it can be done.
    Well technically, we can go over the cap to sign our own free agents thanks to Bird Rights. So as long as MLSE is committed to winning, going over the cap to sign current players shouldn't be a problem.

But in general, I'm speaking of the general fear of trading our "best" players. We should be exploring all possibilities of improving our team long-term. Based on the poor performances of the past 4 years, we shouldn't be attached to any one player on this roster.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Well technically, we can go over the cap to sign our own free agents thanks to Bird Rights. So as long as MLSE is committed to winning, going over the cap to sign current players shouldn't be a problem.

But in general, I'm speaking of the general fear of trading our "best" players. We should be exploring all possibilities of improving our team long-term. Based on the poor performances of the past 4 years, we shouldn't be attached to any one player on this roster.
      I definitely agree. No one is untouchable. But there has to be a plan. You cant trade Derozan just because he had a bad year, or Calderon because he potentially might be injured. If the plan is to build on youth, then trade all the old players, if the plan is to run, then trade all the slow ones, there has to be a plan.

Your post on the core of the other good teams is a very, very good point. However, none of these teams got all three in one season, well except for Miami. What im saying is, if say Derozan is traded, that new player may make JV and Bagnani better players. Or if Bargnani is traded, the new player is a fit with JV and Derozan. I dont see the advantage in trading all your starters, well, unless you are able to land superstars. Follow a plan, fill the need.
      Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Tue Apr 24, 2012, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Most threads like that are quickly moved to the Trade Forum.

Sometimes trade suggestions come up in threads in Everything Raptors but that is to be expected.

I think this thread is better served where most of those thread titles happen..... in the Trade Forum.
        Hey I have no problem with moving it. And I admit I didn't think before starting the thread. When I read the posts here I don't go by forum, I just hit "What's New" and read or, as in this case, react. My apologies for miss-posting it.

Comment

...But in general, I'm speaking of the general fear of trading our "best" players. We should be exploring all possibilities of improving our team long-term. Based on the poor performances of the past 4 years, we shouldn't be attached to any one player on this roster.
          I absolutely agree. No one is untouchable. This thread was reacting to the suggested trades that basically include everyone of value on the team, with the expectation that some GM will agree to give the Raptors far more value back. How likely is that to happen. Why even talk about it. Why not just say "Give me your pearls and you can have my shite."

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
            Hey I have no problem with moving it. And I admit I didn't think before starting the thread. When I read the posts here I don't go by forum, I just hit "What's New" and read or, as in this case, react. My apologies for miss-posting it.
            No worries. I have been thinking the same thing of late. I am guilty of posting many trades that will never happen but I always try to keep it a little realistic or justifiable. Your point is 'BANG ON!'

Comment

You be talkin' bout' me, guys?

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                You be talkin' bout' me, guys?

Ha Ha Ha. You are simply the latest in a long line of fans who have been searching through the fog for a little light. I admire the imagination in the supposition, but I wonder about those kind of speculations when (I think) they have zero chance of occurring. So we wind up arguing about the merits of a zero sum case.

I understand some people like to give their brains a workout, but it just interferes with my own personal browsing habit, so I blew off a little steam. Nothing personal, it's just recreation.

Comment

I understand your point, but why there is this Trade Proposal Forum if we can't post on it? I mean, about 99.9 of the trades we will post, even if they are realistic, won't never happen. What is the point of a forum if we can't express ourselves. I agree that Bargs+DeRozan+Jose+1 pick for Kobe ain't realistic. But I don't think I post things that are that much dumb. I just really like to speculate about trade possibilities, and I like this forum because we can share our ideas. If we can't then what's the point of wasting our time on this website?

Comment

....But I don't think I post things that are that much dumb. I just really like to speculate about trade possibilities, and I like this forum because we can share our ideas. If we can't then what's the point of wasting our time on this website?
                    I agree. As I said "...I understand some people like to give their brains a workout, but it just interferes with my own personal browsing habit, so I blew off a little steam."

It's on me. People absolutely have a right to propose whatever they want, especially in the trade forum. It's not something that I find interesting at all, that's all. Why shouldn't everybody change what they like to suit me? :-)

When I say it like that, it sounds kind of arrogant.

Comment

Ok it's alright, it's just this part: ''but it just interferes with my own personal browsing habit, so I blew off a little steam''

English is not my 1st language so I didn't understand it 1st time, my bad

Comment

I don't think it's right to call out there intelligence.

In this era, it's dillusion from playing alot of nba 2k. People earn this perspective that they understand what it takes to be successful at gm and put a winner on the floor.

Although, the realism has increased over the years, it's still a game and a simplified version of what it's actually like.

There's no need to get into rage mode about it and start insulting someone's intellect. But, every now and then there needs to be a reality check and you have to be blunt in order to do that, I guess.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

...English is not my 1st language so I didn't understand it 1st time, my bad
                          Hey, no bad involved with being who you are and where you are from.

My bad with being all about me. All good.

Comment

NYK - Stoudamire, Melo, Lin
                            Do not put Lin there. Tyson Chandler.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

It really depends. Like Charlesnba23 puts some stuff up there to actually talk about. I mean thats why there is a trade proposal forum there...

If people put dumbass stuff like this guy named tenforthewin, where he offered something like Derozan and Amir for Jodie Meeks or something like that.. Then we can hate.

If you don't like it, than simply reply with a way that subtracts any want of creating a trade like that. If you DO like it, simply agree and carry on...
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                              X