Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Losing is a slippery slope

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    With a loss on Thursday, I'm not worried at all about any of this stuff happening in Toronto. With Anderson, Uzoh and Alabi getting minutes, do we really care if we pull out a win? With these guys working their tails off, and likely not back next year, how much of that "winning attitude" will spill over to training camp 5 months from now?
    Nilanka hit the nail on the head here. A losing attitude won't spill into the new year because there's just no one playing right now that is worth a damn for next season. There isn't a single person playing right now that isn't any more than an afterthought. The D-Leaguers (Uzoh, Anderson) and future burger flippers (Alabi) won't be on this team next year, and none of the other guys are starters. I'd be a lot more concerned about losing 12 of 13 games if Bargnani and Calderon were still around.

This is a bit like worrying that the Washington Generals are going to be affected somehow from constantly losing to the Globetrotters.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the halftime score in ATL-BOS game last night was 34-28!!!

28 pts for the Celtics? I bet the scores tomorrow will be better.

Raptors Republic Rookie your mom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Shouldnt this be in the "everything NBA" bucket?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote your mom wrote: View Post
    Shouldnt this be in the "everything NBA" bucket?
    No. Read the first post and many of the subsequent post have been Raptor related. The conversation was meant to revolve around the Raptors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    The fan base will erode if the Raptors don't soon recover from the past four years of pathetic performances and not due to losing out on 20 ping pong balls by beating the Nets. If you're going to bail on the team because they won a game little significance then what the heck are you doing here? The fact is the diehard fans aren't going to waver over 2% and the rest are mostly only around in the good times and thus probably won't know or appreciate the meaning of 2%.
    I'm sticking around. But, i mean this shit of them constantly up and down. I mean this franchise can be described as inconsistent.

Really, the rebuild was started when bosh was drafted. But, we still sucked and it got to vince, he left. Yes, he was a douche and all that jazz. Then, it kind of regressed a few steps.

Then it was rejuvanated when bargs got drafted. It was never really followed through, we made the playoffs twice. Then, tried a last ditch effort over the next few years to try to keep bosh and remain in the playoffs.

It was just constantly ditched and was a clusterfuck for those years, which is why now when they have to do things the long proper way.

Alot of fans, just are fed up and aren't buying it. Or have already gone.

With all the shit that's happened over the last four years like you mentioned, it's good to have skepticism.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

We gotta play like a team and tank as a team.

Look at Cleveland. They were so far ahead of us and now look. Now that's team play.

Looking at the standing now... I swear, if they win again NJ I'm done with the raps!!

Who's with me?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors2012 wrote: View Post
    We gotta play like a team and tank as a team.

Look at Cleveland. They were so far ahead of us and now look. Now that's team play.

Looking at the standing now... I swear, if they win again NJ I'm done with the raps!!

Who's with me?
    Ever see Family Guy where Meg joins the cult and the leader does the mass suicide.... but no one follows?

This is a Raptors Fan Forum.

Raptors 4 Life.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Ever see Family Guy where Meg joins the cult and the leader does the mass suicide.... but no one follows?

This is a Raptors Fan Forum.

Raptors 4 Life.
    Get that kool-aid the F... outta here.

LMAO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Get that kool-aid the F... outta here.

LMAO
    I'm glad the cheese factor was picked up on.

I really wish I could have found that video of Meg from Family Guy hough. Too many copyright restrictions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    I'm sticking around. But, i mean this shit of them constantly up and down. I mean this franchise can be described as inconsistent.
    I would call them consistently bad with small lapses in between. I do have a great deal of confidence in them having a turnaround year after this summer. They have everything lined up to have a 2006 type season except this time it will be earned on the backs of youth and not on the backs of a bunch of older guys who can't possibly fit long term plans.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would call them consistently bad with small lapses in between. I do have a great deal of confidence in them having a turnaround year after this summer. They have everything lined up to have a 2006 type season except this time it will be earned on the backs of youth and not on the backs of a bunch of older guys who can't possibly fit long term plans.
    That is, we hope it'll be on the backs of youth. You never know with this Colangelo cat.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Big man Amir Johnson knows that many of the fans who will attend Thursday’s finale against New Jersey — note the new 7 p.m. start time, mercifully pushed ahead from an hour later — would prefer another loss and better ping pong ball odds in the lottery and he doesn’t want that to be the case a year from now.

“We’re definitely going to take that (the fact some fans are openly rooting for the team to fail on Thursday) into consideration (and remember it),” Johnson said
    http://www.torontosun.com/2012/04/25...ment-next-year
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Remember it as in when free agency rolls around in their particular contract years?

Post Thanks / Like

I interpreted Amir to mean he'd use it as motivation to win more games next year.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

...They have everything lined up to have a 2006 type season except this time it will be earned on the backs of youth and not on the backs of a bunch of older guys who can't possibly fit long term plans.
    I wonder if any provisions are being taken to ensure that Bargs, Jose, Val, and any new draft pick or FA signing are not all riding on the same bus for an Andes mountain tour next summer, or sightseeing near any anomalous magnetic earth nodes during meteor showers. It would be more than I can take if anything happened.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    I wonder if any provisions are being taken to ensure that Bargs, Jose, Val, and any new draft pick or FA signing are not all riding on the same bus for an Andes mountain tour next summer, or sightseeing near any anomalous magnetic earth nodes during meteor showers. It would be more than I can take if anything happened.
    It would've been great if that had happened last season. We'd have forfeited the year and not have to be subjected to this awful season. Furthermore, the league would have to repopulate our team with players from other teams and they'd probably feel bad enough for us to give us the #1 overall pick. Twin Towers Davis and JV for the next 10 seasons is probably better than what we have right now.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information