Everything Raptor-related in International Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Raptor-related in International Competition

With this being an Olympic summer, there will no doubt be a lot of news on JV, Kleiza, Jose, Forbes, and Bargnani with the qualifying tournaments and actual Games.

BIG SUMMER FOR BIG V

Jonas Valanciunas and Linas Kleiza were among 24 players invited to try out for the Lithuanian National team that will attempt to qualify this early this summer in Argentina for the Summer Olympic games in London.

Valanciunas, 19, will battle 32-year-old, 6-foot-10 centre Robertas Javtokas and 6-foot-10, 243-pound centre Antanas Kavaliauskas for a spot on the team.

While Valanciunas, 7-feet, 240 pounds doesn’t have the track record of either player, he made a huge impression at Eurobask last summer and before that was huge in Lithuania’s win at the FIBA under-19 championships where he was MVP.

Lithuania will have to finish in the top three at the July 2-8 tournament to qualify for London.
    http://www.torontosun.com/2012/04/23...-lose-to-bucks

Comment

I'm trying to find some help to get to Caracas for the Olympic Qualyfing Tournament in Venezuela, the last 3 tickets to London. There're potentially three Raptors players in the tournament in JV, Kleiza for Lit and Alabi for Nigeria. If I can cover the plane tickets I'll be there and I'll be happy to report for RR and Raptors fans as I usually do in the dark days of the offseason.

Comment

Raúl wrote: View Post
        I'm trying to find some help to get to Caracas for the Olympic Qualyfing Tournament in Venezuela, the last 3 tickets to London. There're potentially three Raptors players in the tournament in JV, Kleiza for Lit and Alabi for Nigeria. If I can cover the plane tickets I'll be there and I'll be happy to report for RR and Raptors fans as I usually do in the dark days of the offseason.
        Like a good international neighbour, Raul is there.

Comment

Although it would be great for Lithuania to qualify, for selfish reasons for the Raptors, I'd rather they don't qualify so our guys can get some rest and recovery in the summers. I'm concerned that the year long schedule will take a toll on JV's body. I'm already concerned that he's wearing a knee strap.

Comment

I don't think Panama and Italy made the Olympics, so I think Forbes and Bargs wont be playing much this off-season.
            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I sort of hoped JV would take it easy this summer. Most rookies hit the wall at some point, even international players. Then there are worries about injuries which come with heavy play over extended periods of time...

Comment

Working...
              X