Thread: Glen Grunwald promoted to Executive VP and GM of Knicks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glen Grunwald promoted to Executive VP and GM of Knicks.

NEW YORK (AP) -- The New York Knicks have promoted Glen Grunwald to executive vice president and general manager after he assembled numerous pieces of a playoff roster this season.

Grunwald has been serving on an interim basis since July, after Donnie Walsh opted not to return. He acquired center Tyson Chandler before the season to become the defensive presence the team long lacked, and signed key players such as Jeremy Lin, Baron Davis, Steve Novak and JR Smith along the way.

The Knicks went into Tuesday still with hopes of finishing sixth in the Eastern Conference, despite a tumultuous season that saw coach Mike D'Antoni resign in March.

Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan says in a statement the Knicks look forward to Grunwald continuing in his role "for many years to come."

Source
    Good for him. Best Exec the Raps have ever had just got the Job of a Lifetime... Assuming people still respect the Knicks brand.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I don't know about that. He did some really stupid things in the second half of his time in Toronto. I wish him the best as the head of the Knicks organization though.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if he will bring Thomas in to coach? :-)

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing against Grunwald but the article has a bit of hyperbole in it. Chandler was a f/a and probably went to the highest bidder. To do so they got rid of Billups. Baron Davis, JR Smith, Bibby are questionable acquisitions.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess the draft was before he took over? I like their pick, Shumpert; might become one of the best defenders in the league. Lin was probably pure luck considering they wanted to cut him (even though the jury is probably still out on his eventual level of play, it's been financially very benificial) and I wouldn't call all the other moves especially good moves untill there are some 'tangible' performances (as in playoff succes).

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to agree with all of the above comments.

Still say he's the best GM the Raps have ever had. BC is knocking on the door... but to be honest, it still doesn't say much when your competition is Isaiah Thomas and Rob Babcock ...
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I'm going to agree with all of the above comments.

Still say he's the best GM the Raps have ever had. BC is knocking on the door... but to be honest, it still doesn't say much when your competition is Isaiah Thomas and Rob Babcock ...
    If he signs sasha vujacic he is the worst gm we ever had. He is purposely overpaying retard players like sasha vujacic and turning us into the euraptors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    If he signs sasha vujacic he is the worst gm we ever had. He is purposely overpaying retard players like sasha vujacic and turning us into the euraptors
    Rest easy, young Props. It never happened, and never WAS going to happen.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Rest easy, young Props. It never happened, and never WAS going to happen.
    hopefully

Thread Information