• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Improve the Raptors

Ok guys, post your ideas

1) Drafts - Bradley Beal - 1st round
    - Dion Waiters - 1st round (HOU pick)
    2nd round - Jae Crowder (could be diamond in rough)
    late 2nd rounder - Robert Sacre (Canadian Eric Montross type of player)

2) Trades
    a) Toronto trade Jose Calderon + Linas Kleiza + Aaron Gray + 2013 2nd rounder
    Houston trade Goran Dragic (resigns) + Chase Budlinger + 2012 1st rounder

b) Toronto trade Ed Davis + Gary Forbes
    Phoenix trade Markieff Morris + Robin Lopez (in case Valanciunas can't be here by next year)
    3) Resigns: Jerryd Bayless, Alan Andersen

Raps Lineups
    Dragic/Bayless/Waiters
    DeRozan/Beal/A.Andersen
    J.Johnson/C.Budlinger/J.Crowder
    A.Bargnani/A.Johnson/M.Morris
    R.Lopez/J.Magloire/R.Sacre

- Beal should come off the bench in his rookie year until he proves he can be a legit scorer, if he can, we can package wither DeRozan or J.Johnson in the midseason for a legit veteran 3

- I doubt Valanciunas will be here next year since his contract runs three years with last year option, so most likely he will be here when 2013-14 season comes along. With A.Gray gone, i don't see Magloire being a starter but since he decided to resigns with the Raps, i see R.Lopez as our starting C unless R.Sacre proves he can start at this league, we can also go with a combination with Bargs and Amir at C when situation are dire.

- Dragic is a poor man Steve Nash but definitely a younger replacement for Calderon. Waiters is a interesting prospect although i would much prefer Marshall or D.Lilliard if they are still on board.

- Sixth Man: Jerryd Bayless, he must prove to this league that he can bring 10+ ppts, 3asts by coming off the bench for us next year. Chase Budlinger, he's better than Jason Kapono, at least he tries for the slam dunk contest.

Valanciunas will be here next season.
    I would rather have Calderon starting next season than Dragic.

It's way too early to start doing these grandiose type roster overhauling strategies. I suggest waiting until the draft lottery, at the very least, so at least then the conversation can begin with a somewhat realistic discussion about likely draft targets. The player/position drafted could very well be the first domino to fall, so to speak, as far as determing the direction signings/trades will take this offseason. (ie: the offseason will look much different if the Raptors win the lottery and draft A.Davis VS drafting MKG/Beal/Barnes at the wing VS drafting Marshall/Lillard at the point VS drafting any second-tier prospect at the end of or out of the lottery)
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Apr 25, 2012, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Do NOT sign Sasha V
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Here's my suggestion:

Win the lottery and draft A.Davis. Then trade him to Miami for LeBron

Trade Calderon to LAC for Chris Paul.

Trade DeRozan and Ed Davis to Washington for their pick, Bradley Beal

Trade Bargnani to Minnesota for Kevin Love.

PG: CP3
        SG: Beal
        SF: Lebron
        PF: Love
        C; Valanciunas

BOOYAKASHA! Championship contenders for the next 5+ years.

Oh yeah, and in case my sarcasm wasn't 100% clear, trade Alabi for Phil Jackson.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Here's my suggestion:

Win the lottery and draft A.Davis. Then trade him to Miami for LeBron

Trade Calderon to LAC for Chris Paul.

Trade DeRozan and Ed Davis to Washington for their pick, Bradley Beal

Trade Bargnani to Minnesota for Kevin Love.

PG: CP3
          SG: Beal
          SF: Lebron
          PF: Love
          C; Valanciunas

BOOYAKASHA! Championship contenders for the next 5+ years.

Oh yeah, and in case my sarcasm wasn't 100% clear, trade Alabi for Phil Jackson.
          I'm not sure about the Alabi trade. Didn't Phil Jackson have his hip replaced? How long is the recovery time? And honestly, how long can Phil Jackson continue to play? He makes Steve Nash look like an infant.

Comment

I think that even BC did better decisions during his Raptors career than most tenforthewin mentioned here... After that changes we would be lottery team for at least 5 more years, I wouldn't call that team as improved team.
            Last edited by japetas; Wed Apr 25, 2012, 05:58 PM.
            (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

This thread gave me a good laugh.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Don't sign sasha vujacic

Comment

Want to improve the Raptors? Keep them as is (bringing back Sonny to play back up SG is fine).

I have a feeling Cleveland wins, Raptors lose, giving us 5th pick (MKG), and we have Val coming to save the day.

Calderone/Bayless (may switch starting order mid season, depends on Bayless)
                  Derozan/Sonny
                  MKG/JJ/Kleiza
                  Bargs/ED/Amir
                  Val/Gray

Honestly like this team very much. Next year find a way to use extra PF to sign a PG, use Calderon to sign a good 6th man, and we have ourselves a young and improving potential contender in my opinion.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Want to improve the Raptors? Keep them as is (bringing back Sonny to play back up SG is fine).

I have a feeling Cleveland wins, Raptors lose, giving us 5th pick (MKG), and we have Val coming to save the day.

Calderone/Bayless (may switch starting order mid season, depends on Bayless)
                    Derozan/Sonny
                    MKG/JJ/Kleiza
                    Bargs/ED/Amir
                    Val/Gray

Honestly like this team very much. Next year find a way to use extra PF to sign a PG, use Calderon to sign a good 6th man, and we have ourselves a young and improving potential contender in my opinion.
                    your first mistake is assuming mkg drops to 5th. I haven't seen a single mock draft where he drops below 3rd.
                    Last edited by akashsingh; Thu Apr 26, 2012, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X