istanbul escort - bursa escort - escort bayan - Antalya Escort
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Big Summer for Ed Davis

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22,319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Big Summer for Ed Davis

    After last year’s lockout wiped out summer league, the Raptors will be back in Las Vegas this July. Games will be played between July 13-22.

    And Casey knows who the focus will be for the Raptors’ squad.

    “It’s going to be Eddie Davis’s first summer league [where he is] the number one option,” Casey said. “His first year he had a summer league, and then he got hurt. This is a big summer for him as far as getting in the weight room, getting used to being the number one option in summer league.”

    Davis is the only Raptor to have played in every game this year, but he has had a disappointing sophomore year, averaging just 6.0 points and 6.6 rebounds per game. The team could also include the Raptors’ first pick in this year’s draft and Valanciunas, if Lithuania fails to qualify for the Olympics in a qualifying tournament.

    Casey also said the Raptors will invite their veterans to work out with the team.

    Source: Eric Koreen, National Post


    This assumes he is not traded on draft night or early July.

  2. #2
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The fact that Casey is making plans for him is a good sign for Ed. Amir could just as easily be traded instead. Amir and Ed might offer the same return at this point.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22,319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    The fact that Casey is making plans for him is a good sign for Ed. Amir could just as easily be traded instead. Amir and Ed might offer the same return at this point.
    He talked about working on Amir's jumper this off season as well.

    Honestly, I put little faith in to anything he says regarding players and the future. That is not a knock on DC, that is just smart business. Remember he was talking about no trades at the deadline? It could also be a function of the coach working with whatever the GM puts in front of him as well.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7,278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Regardless of who our 2012 pick is, I would feel more comfortable with Valanciunas being our "number 1 option" in Summer League.

    Come to think of it, whether our pick is A.Davis, MKG, Beal, Barnes, Robinson, Sullinger, or whoever, I would still want him to be higher on the offensive hierarchy than Ed.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7,066
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i think the less pressure we put on big val, even summer league, the better. besides, i think he'll be playing internationally at the time anyways.
    @jerboat

  6. #6
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,042
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    He talked about working on Amir's jumper this off season as well.

    Honestly, I put little faith in to anything he says regarding players and the future. That is not a knock on DC, that is just smart business. Remember he was talking about no trades at the deadline? It could also be a function of the coach working with whatever the GM puts in front of him as well.
    I think it's a fair assessment for the coach, since both players are under contract. It's up to the GM to trade them so, until he does, the coach has to prepare offseason plans for all contracted players. Obviously the coach and GM talk about potential personnel moves, but nothing is guaranteed and Casey strikes me as the type of coach who would be prepared regardless of the eventual personnel outcome.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Regardless of who our 2012 pick is, I would feel more comfortable with Valanciunas being our "number 1 option" in Summer League.

    Come to think of it, whether our pick is A.Davis, MKG, Beal, Barnes, Robinson, Sullinger, or whoever, I would still want him to be higher on the offensive hierarchy than Ed.
    Lithuania will be in the