Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raps/Nets April 26th Turn out the lights...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly this game was all about home court, if the Raptors were at NJ they would be chucking up shots like they were all Rasual , and the Nets would have to win because it was their last game in NJ.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Upon hearing Wallace and Kris were going to be out in support of tankapalooza, BC/Casey should've brought back the full-strength lineup of Calderon/Bargs/DD, etc. even for just 5 minutes and try beating them by as many points as possible. That would've been a nice slap in the face of the Nets organization.
      Last edited by playmak3r5; Thu Apr 26, 2012, 10:09 PM.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
        I can admit I was down with the Tank Nation but I hope the ping pong ball gods aka David Stern gives the Raps 5th,6th pick for at least improving their defensive rankings from last year.
        sadly the only picks the Raps have a chance to move up on are 1,2 and 3. the rest go back to ranking.

Comment

raptors2012 wrote: View Post
          I'd have to disagree.

Nets are smart. Raptors idiotic.

Of course they're going to tank if they have half a brain. We could be gunning for the 4th spot (considering NO is also winning). Now we're either 7~8. If you look at the draft all the players will allstar potential are in the 6~7th spot.

This is probably going to be the defining moment of our future. We either get another player to build around or we get a role player. And don't tell me that DD or ED are players we're going to build around cause if you are then you're delusional.

I'm shamed to be a Raptor fan. It's the same as all Toronto sports franchises. They ruin their future for short-term instant gratification. All they had to do was tank one friggin game!
          Get lost. The Raps are shamed to have YOU for a fan. You don't deserve this team so go become a Nets fan. And enjoy your tanking, integrityless fun time cheering for a complete loser franchise.

Did you happen to notice the stadium? Looked to be 18,000 there. They did not show up to see the Raps tank. What was the take at the gate? $480,000? Plus concessions? And you reward that support by putting out half an effort? The Raps don't exist so that cheap bastards like you, who don't even subscribe to cable, but suck illegal feeds off your computer,
          can get your cost free-thrills at the expense of people who lay out good money for entertainment. They are there for the paying fans. The ones who show up to see a team compete and play hard and win games when they can.

So take that tanking BS attitude out of this forum and give it to some hind teat sucking team that wants a fan like you. Go, get out. You don't want to be watching an idiotic Raptors team do you. Well, they don't want you watching them.

Of course, I can't actually speak for the Raptors management here. Any attitudes that I expressed as representative of the management are purely guessed at and may not actually represent their actual attitude. No fans were harmed in the construction of this post. The Raptors, their advertisers and affiliates truly regret any feeling that may have been hurt by the previous rant. All rants are the property of the respective poster and do not represent the Raptors, the NBA or the Raptors Republic.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Thats what I was thinking .. then I looked at the Nets line up and realized it WAS against the D League.

Raps too, but I guess we've got the better D League scouts.
            true dat

our scouts are D-league material

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
              Get lost. The Raps are shamed to have YOU for a fan. You don't deserve this team so go become a Nets fan. And enjoy your tanking, integrityless fun time cheering for a complete loser franchise.

Did you happen to notice the stadium? Looked to be 18,000 there. They did not show up to see the Raps tank. What was the take at the gate? $480,000? Plus concessions? And you reward that support by putting out half an effort? The Raps don't exist so that cheap bastards like you, who don't even subscribe to cable, but suck illegal feeds off your computer,
              can get your cost free-thrills at the expense of people who lay out good money for entertainment. They are there for the paying fans. The ones who show up to see a team compete and play hard and win games when they can.

So take that tanking BS attitude out of this forum and give it to some hind teat sucking team that wants a fan like you. Go, get out. You don't want to be watching an idiotic Raptors team do you. Well, they don't want you watching them.

Of course, I can't actually speak for the Raptors management here. Any attitudes that I expressed as representative of the management are purely guessed at and may not actually represent their actual attitude. No fans were harmed in the construction of this post. The Raptors, their advertisers and affiliates truly regret any feeling that may have been hurt by the previous rant. All rants are the property of the respective poster and do not represent the Raptors, the NBA or the Raptors Republic.
              This is the type of fan i'm talking about. This is why Toronto teams are lame-a$$. Satisfied with being mediocre. I'm a born and bred Torontonian that's sick of having loser teams. You're probably just getting into the Toronto sports scene and don't play sports too well.

*Moderator edited this post. raptor2012: if you bring this type of ignorance to the forum again there will be consequences.*
              Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Apr 27, 2012, 05:43 PM. Reason: Ignorance taken back to a barely acceptable level.

Comment

This is the type of retarded fan i'm talking about. This is why Toronto teams are lame-a$$. Satisfied with being mediocre. I'm a born and bred Torontonian that's sick of having loser teams. You're probably an immigrant that's just getting into the Toronto sports scene and don't play sport too well.
                I'm all for improvement. not at the cost of the game itself.

Comment

Born Canadian, and more important I've been playing basketball for 45 years. For the love of the game. I've won and I've lost. Winning is better but the point is to try your best. This year my team went from last in the league to winning it all. Purely from effort, not talent. The idea of playing to lose is an abomination at any level and to encourage a professional organization to do so is worse.
                  Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Apr 27, 2012, 05:40 PM. Reason: ignorant quote deleted

Comment

Looking at how NJ played tonight, I'm glad things went down like they did.

Both teams lineups were sh!t - lets be honest. But the Raptors came prepared and took care of business.

That counts for something and that is what this year was all about in a nutshell.

Comment

Totally agree! You and I have been hoping for losses, but not at the cost of tonights ridiculousness. At worst I think we end up with the ninth pick, IMO. Hopefully we draft earlier than that, but I'm sure there will still be a player that will help this team.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        go chicago (winning by 10), go Lakers (not started yet), go Rockets (losing to NOH). Bad as I feel for us...gotta feel bad for the hornets (hey..that feels very circa december 2011)...they've been destined to be 2nd or 3rd last all year and they're going to wind up in a three way tie for 5th
                        Well done Chicago. Well done Houston. Enjoy that NJ. One spot better than us

Comment

I'd have to disagree.

Nets are smart. Raptors idiotic.

Of course they're going to tank if they have half a brain. We could be gunning for the 4th spot (considering NO is also winning). Now we're either 7~8. If you look at the draft all the players will allstar potential are in the 6~7th spot.

This is probably going to be the defining moment of our future. We either get another player to build around or we get a role player. And don't tell me that DD or ED are players we're going to build around cause if you are then you're delusional.

I'm shamed to be a Raptor fan. It's the same as all Toronto sports franchises. They ruin their future for short-term instant gratification. All they had to do was tank one friggin game!
                          You are not worthy to be called a raptors fan. Like what Mikhail Prokhorov would say "I Speet on you!"

Comment

This is the type of retarded fan i'm talking about. This is why Toronto teams are lame-a$$. Satisfied with being mediocre. I'm a born and bred Torontonian that's sick of having loser teams. You're probably an immigrant that's just getting into the Toronto sports scene and don't play sports too well.
                            Way to keep it classy..

Comment

This is the type of retarded fan i'm talking about. This is why Toronto teams are lame-a$$. Satisfied with being mediocre. I'm a born and bred Torontonian that's sick of having loser teams. You're probably an immigrant that's just getting into the Toronto sports scene and don't play sports too well.
                              Guys, he is right! Lottery is the solution to all the losing problems. We shouldn't even have hired Casey right now, he cost us so many wins and lottery odds playing this thing called *defense* and not let us tank properly. Let's blow up the roster, fire Casey, tank for 10 years, get 10 #1 lottery picks, and then hire Casey back. The 11th year, we'll be the NBA champions. Such a bullet-proof plan, it's got to work.

Comment

playmak3r5 wrote: View Post
                                Guys, he is right! Lottery is the solution to all the losing problems. We shouldn't even have hired Casey right now, he cost us so many wins and lottery odds playing this thing called *defense* and not let us tank properly. Let's blow up the roster, fire Casey, tank for 10 years, get 10 #1 lottery picks, and then hire Casey back. The 11th year, we'll be the NBA champions. Such a bullet-proof plan, it's got to work.
                                Yes, OKC "11 years" wait was well worth it. Or better yet, scrap that plan, let's be like Miami or NY and sign 2.5~3 superstars. That's an great idea you bright cookie you.

And tell me, in the last 30 years, how many teams won the championship that didn't draft a superstar? I beg you, tell me you brainiac. Detroit & ?

Comment

Working...
                                X