Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 99

Thread: Raps/Nets April 26th Turn out the lights...

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North York, ON
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hope the people there, the "fans", get the tastiest slice of pizza after this game

    (or even a whole pizza)

    no one deserves to watch this game, it's depressing

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,856
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    did anyone think we would wind up with the 8th (okay..tied for 7th-8th) worst record? it's crazy that this group won more games than last season..in 3/4 of the games

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is a disgusting display by New Jersey. I am happy the Raps get a big win to finish the year, but this is disgusting.

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    1,025
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was hoping the Raps would lose but I'm glad they are not participating in this sad display. I'm proud to be a Raptor fan at this point. The Nets franchise is classless.

  5. #45
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,654
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    PJ3 welcome to the Raptors.
    lol, you beat me to it.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  6. #46
    Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North York, ON
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Gotta feel proud for Uzoh. First Raps trip-dub in 11 years! By a D-Leaguer!

  7. #47
    Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    603
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The nets players and coach are ready to lose intentionally for getting a better shot in the lottery. What is going to stop them from accepting bribes in the future for helping a playoff bound team or helping the bookies in the playoffs?

    Can of worms.

  8. #48
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Great day for Uzoh. Well done. Wears the Raptor jersey with pride. First triple double in over a decade. Thanks for making this last game entertaining. MR.TRIPLEDOUBLESANITY

    As for Anderson and Alabi, solid performances.

  9. #49
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,852
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    The nets players and coach are ready to lose intentionally for getting a better shot in the lottery. What is going to stop them from accepting bribes in the future for helping a playoff bound team or helping the bookies in the playoffs?

    Can of worms.
    lol I sincerely doubt that the Nets are gonna get top 3 in the lottery, so intentionally losing really really get them anywhere. If the Nets somehow get the Top 3 pick, you can without a doubt say that it's rigged.

  10. #50
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,856
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    go chicago (winning by 10), go Lakers (not started yet), go Rockets (losing to NOH). Bad as I feel for us...gotta feel bad for the hornets (hey..that feels very circa december 2011)...they've been destined to be 2nd or 3rd last all year and they're going to wind up in a three way tie for 5th

  11. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    I was hoping the Raps would lose but I'm glad they are not participating in this sad display. I'm proud to be a Raptor fan at this point. The Nets franchise is classless.
    I'd have to disagree.

    Nets are smart. Raptors idiotic.

    Of course they're going to tank if they have half a brain. We could be gunning for the 4th spot (considering NO is also winning). Now we're either 7~8. If you look at the draft all the players will allstar potential are in the 6~7th spot.

    This is probably going to be the defining moment of our future. We either get another player to build around or we get a role player. And don't tell me that DD or ED are players we're going to build around cause if you are then you're delusional.

    I'm shamed to be a Raptor fan. It's the same as all Toronto sports franchises. They ruin their future for short-term instant gratification. All they had to do was tank one friggin game!

  12. #52
    Raptors Republic Starter drizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Uzoh with the Raptors' first career quadruple-double. Points, Rebounds, Assists, Turnovers. Book it!
    lol too close

  13. #53
    Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    1,025
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don;t mind if the Raps lose if they put in effort, NJ is blatantly tanking. I think it's a disgrace in the spirit of competition. Would I prefer a better draft pick... of course, but not playing the way the Nets are playing. I hope Dwill leaves and the franchise suffers due to the Portland trade.

    Perhaps karma goes our way and we move into the top three. I'm cheering for GSW tonight.

  14. #54
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote raptors2012 wrote: View Post
    I'd have to disagree.

    Nets are smart. Raptors idiotic.

    Of course they're going to tank if they have half a brain. We could be gunning for the 4th spot (considering NO is also winning). Now we're either 7~8. If you look at the draft all the players will allstar potential are in the 6~7th spot.

    This is probably going to be the defining moment of our future. We either get another player to build around or we get a role player. And don't tell me that DD or ED are players we're going to build around cause if you are then you're delusional.

    I'm shamed to be a Raptor fan. It's the same as all Toronto sports franchises. They ruin their future for short-term instant gratification. All they had to do was tank one friggin game!
    It is a sport. A game. You play to win. You do not play to get a draft pick. Disgusting.

    A fan should be proud that the Raps went out and WON. A fan should be proud that guys who never got a chance (Alabi, Uzoh, Anderson) went and played to win, and not for a draft pick.

  15. #55
    Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North York, ON
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Huh. Casey shaking his head at Forbes for shooting instead of dribbling out the clock. Big no-no it seems.

  16. #56
    Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    603
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote raptors2012 wrote: View Post
    I'd have to disagree.

    Nets are smart. Raptors idiotic.

    Of course they're going to tank if they have half a brain. We could be gunning for the 4th spot (considering NO is also winning). Now we're either 7~8. If you look at the draft all the players will allstar potential are in the 6~7th spot.

    This is probably going to be the defining moment of our future. We either get another player to build around or we get a role player. And don't tell me that DD or ED are players we're going to build around cause if you are then you're delusional.

    I'm shamed to be a Raptor fan. It's the same as all Toronto sports franchises. They ruin their future for short-term instant gratification. All they had to do was tank one friggin game!
    instant gratification?

    fans have been very patient for so long despite the raps sucking. Its about time BC did something in the free agency or trade.

    Uzoh - 45min
    Solo - 40min
    forbes - 40min
    anderson - 45min

    how is that not tanking?

    But telling your players not to play ball is a strict no-no for me. And I am glad the raps are not doing it. Go watch wrestling if you like winning championships more than playing a sport.

  17. #57
    Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    1,025
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    Go watch wrestling if you like winning championships more than playing a sport.
    +1

  18. #58
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    DeMar thinks hes big pimpin' or something in that blazer.
    lol demar looks uncomfortable as hell in that ugly ass suit. If that doesn't yell "I'm from compton niggaa!!" I don't know what does.

  19. #59
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    Huh. Casey shaking his head at Forbes for shooting instead of dribbling out the clock. Big no-no it seems.
    Who cares, New Jersey deserved that last shot in the faces, they wanna throw a game, they need to take the licks.

    I can admit I was down with the Tank Nation but I hope the ping pong ball gods aka David Stern gives the Raps 5th,6th pick for at least improving their defensive rankings from last year.

    And Alabi, straight up beasting on fools like its the D League.

  20. #60
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,618
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    And Alabi, straight up beasting on fools like its the D League.
    Thats what I was thinking .. then I looked at the Nets line up and realized it WAS against the D League.

    Raps too, but I guess we've got the better D League scouts.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •