Thread: Unleash the alabi

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Unleash the alabi

hahahahaha

good game for him
    i hope that in the tunnel casey had someone dressed like poseidon to send him out on the unsuspecting nets

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder did Alabi earn a team option pick-up for his end of season play? I mean sure, he only played in order to insure the tanking was complete but he wasn't exactly terrible out there.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy for him and happy for Uzoh. They both accomplished something this game. Personal bests at least.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    I wonder did Alabi earn a team option pick-up for his end of season play? I mean sure, he only played in order to insure the tanking was complete but he wasn't exactly terrible out there.
    The dude hustles, I'll give him that. But you know his value when he shoots 30% from the floor against a Nets team that makes you wonder about the meaning of life when you watch them play.
    Next season, I think Magloire is the new and only Alabi on the team.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote playmak3r5 wrote: View Post
    The dude hustles, I'll give him that. But you know his value when he shoots 30% from the floor against a Nets team that makes you wonder about the meaning of life when you watch them play.
    Next season, I think Magloire is the new and only Alabi on the team.
    Magloire isn't exactly a good scorer, in terms of stats I think Alabi beats him in every category. The only thing Magloire brings, is a positive locker room presence...he should be a coach a roster spot is wasted on him.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Magloire isn't exactly a good scorer, in terms of stats I think Alabi beats him in every category. The only thing Magloire brings, is a positive locker room presence...he should be a coach a roster spot is wasted on him.
    Positive locker room presence would be everything that's needed and asked of Magloire... and occasional banging. They don't need him for anything else. Alabi doesn't bring Magloire's mentality that Casey is so high on.

With the 10th guy off the bench, it's all about the intangibles.
    Last edited by playmak3r5; Thu Apr 26th, 2012 at 11:10 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote playmak3r5 wrote: View Post
    Positive locker room presence would be everything that's needed and asked of Magloire... and occasional banging. They don't need him for anything else. Alabi doesn't bring Magloire's mentality that Casey is so high on.

With the 10th guy off the bench, it's all about the intangibles.

didn't expect this to turn into an alabi vs magloire thread. and i agree the mentality that magloire brings is all that is needed at the 15th spot on the bench. lumbering unskilled big bodies are mostly interchangeable. really doubt alabi comes back next year and hope he doesn't but i also don't wish bad on him and if one of the other teams sees something in a 20 rebound effort maybe he can keep a paycheck for a couple more years.

all the best for him and a nice triple double for ben. was that our first of the year?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    didn't expect this to turn into an alabi vs magloire thread. and i agree the mentality that magloire brings is all that is needed at the 15th spot on the bench. lumbering unskilled big bodies are mostly interchangeable. really doubt alabi comes back next year and hope he doesn't but i also don't wish bad on him and if one of the other teams sees something in a 20 rebound effort maybe he can keep a paycheck for a couple more years.

all the best for him and a nice triple double for ben. was that our first of the year?
    First in 11 years, they said.

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Alabi wont ever be Hakeem but:
    - he is still getting better
    - he hits his freethrows
    - he can rebound
    - he is decent at defending his position
    - as another poster said it is obvious he hustles

Alabi is new to the game and his ceiling is hard to gauge. As he is right now I don't see him as an NBA player. But his only 24 and has not seen too much floor time. If the work ethic is there and the price is right I can see reason to continue developing him for another season or two.

Look at what Dallas is paying for 5ppg 6 rpg age 33
    Brendan Haywood
    $7,624,500 2012
    $8,349,000 2013
    $9,073,500 2014
    $9,798,000 2015
    $10,522,500 2016
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Post Thanks / Like

No, no, no, a thousand times NO. Yes, actually, he was terrible out there. The Nets were just terribler. There is no reason that Alabi, who looks like a baby Fawn on ice when he's jumping around in the paint, should have grabbed that many rebounds. He is not that good. All he did is maybe make some European team perk up and decide they would like to take a chance on him. I think the highlights from last nights game truly showcases the concerns that the coaching staff has about Alabi and possibly hurting other players out there. It was painful to watch.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO, the only way Alabi returns is if there is a single roster spot left once Colangelo is done wheeling and dealing. He'll be a last resort filler at best.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is their room for both Alabi & Magloire...I think not. If JM was picked to give the last game sermon this would mean the org sees some value in him and will probably return.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Is their room for both Alabi & Magloire...I think not. If JM was picked to give the last game sermon this would mean the org sees some value in him and will probably return.
    That's assuming Magloire returns as a player. Maybe he becomes our newest "big man" coach
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am happy for Solo and I hope that was enough for him to earn a fresh look with another team next year. I would not mind if the Cavaliers would sign him as their 3rd string center.

Raptors Republic Starter Katman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully he can get some burn on the summer league team.

Raptors Republic Rookie Holy Craptors's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    That's assuming Magloire returns as a player. Maybe he becomes our newest "big man" coach
    Oooh, I like that idea! I can see him mentoring Aaron Gray, like Ewing did with Dwight Howard, Olajuwon did with LeBron, Yoda did with Luke Skywalker...

Silliness aside, I would like to see Magloire stick around in a non-player role. Whenever anyone did anything slightly exciting this season, he was always the first one up and out of his seat to applaud.

Alabi, on the other hand...I love his hustle, but there's really no reason to keep him around. It was nice to see him grab so many boards, but I grabbed 5 rebounds myself, and I was sitting in row 27.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Holy Craptors wrote: View Post
    Oooh, I like that idea! I can see him mentoring Aaron Gray, like Ewing did with Dwight Howard, Olajuwon did with LeBron, Yoda did with Luke Skywalker...

Silliness aside, I would like to see Magloire stick around in a non-player role. Whenever anyone did anything slightly exciting this season, he was always the first one up and out of his seat to applaud.

Alabi, on the other hand...I love his hustle, but there's really no reason to keep him around. It was nice to see him grab so many boards, but I grabbed 5 rebounds myself, and I was sitting in row 27.
    Yeah, Magloire seems to be more valuable off the court than on it. Next season, there shouldn't be any minutes available for Magloire....unless the entire team dies in a bus crash, and Magloire missed the bus cuz he was taking a shit. But I love his activeness on the sidelines, jawing with opposing players, and getting on his teammates when they screw up.

BTW, sick avatar, lol.

Raptors Republic Rookie Holy Craptors's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Yeah, Magloire seems to be more valuable off the court than on it. Next season, there shouldn't be any minutes available for Magloire....unless the entire team dies in a bus crash, and Magloire missed the bus cuz he was taking a shit. But I love his activeness on the sidelines, jawing with opposing players, and getting on his teammates when they screw up.

BTW, sick avatar, lol.

I think we've got the beginnings of another "Final Destination" movie here. Magloire cheats death because of an extended bathroom break, then dies weeks later on the court when a pre-game fireworks display goes horribly wrong. Starring "Grizz" from 30 Rock as Magloire, and Billy Dee Williams will play Coach Casey.

Sorry, got a bit off-topic here. I'll stop now.

Thread Information