X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unleash the alabi

hahahahaha

good game for him
    i hope that in the tunnel casey had someone dressed like poseidon to send him out on the unsuspecting nets

I wonder did Alabi earn a team option pick-up for his end of season play? I mean sure, he only played in order to insure the tanking was complete but he wasn't exactly terrible out there.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Happy for him and happy for Uzoh. They both accomplished something this game. Personal bests at least.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
        I wonder did Alabi earn a team option pick-up for his end of season play? I mean sure, he only played in order to insure the tanking was complete but he wasn't exactly terrible out there.
        The dude hustles, I'll give him that. But you know his value when he shoots 30% from the floor against a Nets team that makes you wonder about the meaning of life when you watch them play.
        Next season, I think Magloire is the new and only Alabi on the team.

Comment

playmak3r5 wrote: View Post
          The dude hustles, I'll give him that. But you know his value when he shoots 30% from the floor against a Nets team that makes you wonder about the meaning of life when you watch them play.
          Next season, I think Magloire is the new and only Alabi on the team.
          Magloire isn't exactly a good scorer, in terms of stats I think Alabi beats him in every category. The only thing Magloire brings, is a positive locker room presence...he should be a coach a roster spot is wasted on him.
          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Magloire isn't exactly a good scorer, in terms of stats I think Alabi beats him in every category. The only thing Magloire brings, is a positive locker room presence...he should be a coach a roster spot is wasted on him.
            Positive locker room presence would be everything that's needed and asked of Magloire... and occasional banging. They don't need him for anything else. Alabi doesn't bring Magloire's mentality that Casey is so high on.

With the 10th guy off the bench, it's all about the intangibles.
            Last edited by playmak3r5; Thu Apr 26, 2012, 11:10 PM.

Comment

playmak3r5 wrote: View Post
              Positive locker room presence would be everything that's needed and asked of Magloire... and occasional banging. They don't need him for anything else. Alabi doesn't bring Magloire's mentality that Casey is so high on.

With the 10th guy off the bench, it's all about the intangibles.

didn't expect this to turn into an alabi vs magloire thread. and i agree the mentality that magloire brings is all that is needed at the 15th spot on the bench. lumbering unskilled big bodies are mostly interchangeable. really doubt alabi comes back next year and hope he doesn't but i also don't wish bad on him and if one of the other teams sees something in a 20 rebound effort maybe he can keep a paycheck for a couple more years.

all the best for him and a nice triple double for ben. was that our first of the year?

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                didn't expect this to turn into an alabi vs magloire thread. and i agree the mentality that magloire brings is all that is needed at the 15th spot on the bench. lumbering unskilled big bodies are mostly interchangeable. really doubt alabi comes back next year and hope he doesn't but i also don't wish bad on him and if one of the other teams sees something in a 20 rebound effort maybe he can keep a paycheck for a couple more years.

all the best for him and a nice triple double for ben. was that our first of the year?
                First in 11 years, they said.

Comment

Alabi wont ever be Hakeem but:
                  - he is still getting better
                  - he hits his freethrows
                  - he can rebound
                  - he is decent at defending his position
                  - as another poster said it is obvious he hustles

Alabi is new to the game and his ceiling is hard to gauge. As he is right now I don't see him as an NBA player. But his only 24 and has not seen too much floor time. If the work ethic is there and the price is right I can see reason to continue developing him for another season or two.

Look at what Dallas is paying for 5ppg 6 rpg age 33
                  Brendan Haywood
                  $7,624,500 2012
                  $8,349,000 2013
                  $9,073,500 2014
                  $9,798,000 2015
                  $10,522,500 2016
                  "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

No, no, no, a thousand times NO. Yes, actually, he was terrible out there. The Nets were just terribler. There is no reason that Alabi, who looks like a baby Fawn on ice when he's jumping around in the paint, should have grabbed that many rebounds. He is not that good. All he did is maybe make some European team perk up and decide they would like to take a chance on him. I think the highlights from last nights game truly showcases the concerns that the coaching staff has about Alabi and possibly hurting other players out there. It was painful to watch.
                    Welp, that sucked.

Comment

IMO, the only way Alabi returns is if there is a single roster spot left once Colangelo is done wheeling and dealing. He'll be a last resort filler at best.

Comment

Is their room for both Alabi & Magloire...I think not. If JM was picked to give the last game sermon this would mean the org sees some value in him and will probably return.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Is their room for both Alabi & Magloire...I think not. If JM was picked to give the last game sermon this would mean the org sees some value in him and will probably return.
                          That's assuming Magloire returns as a player. Maybe he becomes our newest "big man" coach

Comment

I am happy for Solo and I hope that was enough for him to earn a fresh look with another team next year. I would not mind if the Cavaliers would sign him as their 3rd string center.

Comment

Hopefully he can get some burn on the summer league team.

Comment

Working...
                              X