No announcement yet.

BC/DC News Conference - Casey extended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if we drop to like 8th or 9th and Quincy Miller dominates the workout we draft his ass. He may very well be a prospect but he is just the type of player we need at the 3. Long, athletic, and very energetic and vocal

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
      I got a sense from what he was saying leading up to this was that he was talking about players already in the league who might be acquired by trade (not a draft pick). He was so close to saying it that I'd love to know who he has in mind (even if it's a pipe dream). Who do you think it might have been?
      Sasha Vujacic, lol

Comment

Wonder how long MLSE waits before deciding on Colangelo's option year. The end of this summer? The end of next season?

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
          What about your boy Q.Miller?

Maybe not at 6 but later in the 1st round, would be a pick I could live with sitting on for a few years.
          Not sure what will happen with the mock drafts and final evaluations but, as much as I like him, I think top 8 is a bit rich.

If the Raptors could swap picks with a team and take back a player, that would be a good circumstance to get Miller i.e. player and 14/15/16 pick for 7.

Not sure this is even possible but it is something I would not be opposed to if the Raptors don't get top 3 or no one of significance slides.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            if we drop to like 8th or 9th and Quincy Miller dominates the workout we draft his ass. He may very well be a prospect but he is just the type of player we need at the 3. Long, athletic, and very energetic and vocal
            Very true. A lot can change in the next 2 months.

Comment

+1
              Bendit wrote: View Post
              Thanks for the breakdown.

Comment

We're pretty much guaranteed either Beal, Barnes, or Lamb. Of course, this is discounting any change in the order.

I'm satisfied with all of those guys.

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
                  We're pretty much guaranteed either Beal, Barnes, or Lamb. Of course, this is discounting any change in the order.

I'm satisfied with all of those guys.
                  'Guaranteed' is a strong word. Who knows how much Colangelo values Sullinger, PJ3, Marshall, Rivers, etc.

Comment

I might be in the minority here. But if we end up in the 7-10 (which we most likely will), I say we go for the home run ball and draft Perry Jones.

He is a high risk high reward type player, but your risk is reduced with every draft spot.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                      I might be in the minority here. But if we end up in the 7-10 (which we most likely will), I say we go for the home run ball and draft Perry Jones.

He is a high risk high reward type player, but your risk is reduced with every draft spot.
                      I'm all on board for PJ3 outside of the top 5.

Edit: But only because of Casey's master psychological skills.
                      Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Apr 27, 2012, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Edit: But only because of Casey's master psychological skills.
                        That's what I based my decision on as well. If he could light a fire under PJ3, imagine the possibilities. As well,PJ3 has shown that he can be very effective when used properly, albeit inconsistently.

This was also one of the major reasons I was so disappointed with bargnani's injury after 13 games. My main concern was not whether AB can become better, but rather how good Casey can be.

If he could have inspired someone as passive as AB to play effectively for a whole season, he can do anything then.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

The deficiency that scares me most in any pick is the "lack of motor" ie passivity in spite of the skills and potential. I scream. ED used to bother me on this and so did AB & DD. They seem to be coming along but it's like thinning out molasses and really a terrible waste of resources to goad these players to play hard. Some are of course passionless and there is not much one can do here. The Raps needs players with a motor or leader type.

PJ3 is a scary pick for me because of this seeming trait. The excuse most often given is that his coach did not use him well and he played out of position. A cop out. If he wants to be great and survive in the NBA he needs to motivate himself to impose his will on the game and "force" the coach to use you differently (if that reasoning is in fact valid). I suppose the conundrum is he would be a #2-3 pick in this draft then.

Comment

The reason i like Miller is because he is probably the most Explosive wing player in the draft. Had it not been for the injury the kid would be tearing it up at baylor

Comment

OMG Quincy Miller would be a dream, I really do hope we get a late first and can pick him up, hopefully BC can recognize talent, because as much as I love Demar or Ed, Quincy clearly has more talent than both of them. He is quick, athletic(although after ACL tear he is not as explosive) and a great shooter.

Comment

hopefully the medical staff check out his injury when he works out with us so they know if he will properly and fully recover from the injury. I think if he does do well in the work out there is no question that BC and Dc will strongly consider drafting him

Comment

Working...
                                X