Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 60

Thread: Typical Toronto Team

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Typical Toronto Team

    Very typical of a Toronto team - not good enough to make playoffs, never shitty enough to get good draft picks. We're doomed everyone, keep hoping but we'll be stuck without a properly built team for the rest of time.
    Last edited by koncept; Fri Apr 27th, 2012 at 10:02 PM.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote koncept wrote: View Post
    Very typical of a Toronto team - not good enough to make playoffs, never shitty enough to get good draft picks. We're doomed everyone, keep hoping but we'll be stuck without a properly built team for the rest of time.
    You might as well give up and never post on this forum again.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,633
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    You might as well give up and never post on this forum again.
    second

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    number 8th pick is looking preeeetty good right now.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    koncept is probably a cavs fan

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,616
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Koncept, Other than maybe NOH which team (worse than us) would you believe has the higher upside going forward?

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,331
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Koncept, Other than maybe NOH which team (worse than us) would you believe has the higher upside going forward?
    Charlotte.

    They hit rock bottom, can't go nowhere but, up.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,331
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    You might as well give up and never post on this forum again.
    Makes sense.

    I mean, I'm pretty sure he doesn't feel that way and he isn't the first one today to overreact about the raptors draft LOTTERY position. Not even saying I disagree with him.

    But, if he honestlyfeels that way. There's really no reason to continue to be a fan of this team and thus, no reason to be a member of this forum.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    haha. good reactions so far. I'm a die hard, just frustrated, maybe overreacting a bit. I understand that this season the raps are developing and have shown fight in a lot of close losses but does anyone else not feel that being tied for 3rd would have given us much more opportunity in drafting who we really want to draft? Its been a long season and I would've like to have gotten a better draft position out of it.
    Last edited by koncept; Fri Apr 27th, 2012 at 10:18 PM.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,331
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'll repeat what I said in the coin flip thread.

    They obviously are working and have already worked on a plan for every single scenario for the draft.

    If they aren't sastisfied they'll trade the pick for something they're satisfied with.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    sounds a bit more promising.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i think this is the time of year where the moderators are busy as shit. There are a bunch of crazy fans who join this website simply to dump on the raptors because of their season.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,061
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I assume the OP is making a comparison to the Leafs, but the comparison doesn't really work. Their problem wasn't that they were never bad enough to get good players, it was that they always got impatient and traded them rather than developing them... Just in the last few years, they drafted Tlusty (traded after 3 seasons for non-NHLer, and just had a breakout season with Carolina this year); Carlo Colaiacavo and Steen (traded for Lee Stempniak, who played less than 2 seasons in Toronto, and both of who have become key pieces of the Blues); and Rask (traded to Boston for Raycroft, who played less than 100 games... Rask is now Boston's goltender of the future). Add in trading two first-rounders for Kessel, (one of which ended up being second-overall Seguin), and the Leafs over the last decade have probably the worst management of first-round picks out of just about any pro sports team.

    So let's be patient and see what happens. Development takes time in any sport, and it's not all about high draft picks.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote koncept wrote: View Post
    Very typical of a Toronto team - not good enough to make playoffs, never shitty enough to get good draft picks. We're doomed everyone, keep hoping but we'll be stuck without a properly built team for the rest of time.
    I'm with you on this koncept.

    I think we've broken some unwritten rule of this website by having an opinion that the team's headed the wrong direction and that management is messing it up again. You've got commie Officer Puffer over here telling you not to have your own opinion.

  15. #15
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote koncept wrote: View Post
    Very typical of a Toronto team - not good enough to make playoffs, never shitty enough to get good draft picks. We're doomed everyone, keep hoping but we'll be stuck without a properly built team for the rest of time.
    This sounds like that guy in the Horror movies who just starts freaking out, and telling everyone they're all f-cked, and then he runs off and gets stabbed by Michael because he panicked instead of just sticking with the plan ... y'know? Hahaha

    I can understand where you are coming from, but the doom and gloom attitude is just not like Toronto sports fans.
    We are generally an optimistic bunch, and regardless of outcome, I think a positive attitude helps everyone out.

    I just have to look at Charlotte and New Jersey to know that the Raptors will be just FINE.
    Last edited by Joey; Sat Apr 28th, 2012 at 12:49 AM.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

  16. #16
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote raptors2012 wrote: View Post
    I think we've broken some unwritten rule of this website by having an opinion that the team's headed the wrong direction and that management is messing it up again. You've got commie Officer Puffer over here telling you not to have your own opinion.
    I'm not sure anyone is saying you are not allowed to be of this opinion.
    Just be ready to back it up, because for the most part, these are optimistic waters you be treading in.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote raptors2012 wrote: View Post
    I'm with you on this koncept.

    I think we've broken some unwritten rule of this website by having an opinion that the team's headed the wrong direction and that management is messing it up again. You've got commie Officer Puffer over here telling you not to have your own opinion.
    Cause your opinion stinks

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,331
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Cause your opinion stinks
    Just because his opinion is something you disagree with and even if it was a heat of the moment overreaction.

    You can't tell someone not to have an opinion because you don't like it.

    The man is a human being and has feelings just like you.

    If anything he deserves an explanation as to why you disagree with him. Not just to be told to shutup and called an idiot.

  19. #19
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Just because his opinion is something you disagree with and even if it was a heat of the moment overreaction.

    You can't tell someone not to have an opinion because you don't like it.

    The man is a human being and has feelings just like you.

    If anything he deserves an explanation as to why you disagree with him. Not just to be told to shutup and called an idiot.
    the f-ck?

    Someone hack into LBFs account and start making nice posts? Hahah
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,331
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    This sounds like that guy in the Horror movies who just starts freaking out, and telling everyone they're all f-cked, and then he runs off and gets stabbed by Michaelf because he panicked instead of just sticking with the plan ... y'know? Hahaha

    I can understand where you are coming from, but the doom and gloom attitude is just not like Toronto sports fans.
    We are generally an optimistic bunch, and regardless of outcome, I think a positive attitude helps everyone out.

    I just have to look at Charlotte and New Jersey to know that the Raptors will be just FINE.
    But, is FINE enough? I think that's what he's getting at. The truth about that can't be answered until after year 5. We are currently after year 2. If I'mnot mistaken.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •