Typical Toronto Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typical Toronto Team

Very typical of a Toronto team - not good enough to make playoffs, never shitty enough to get good draft picks. We're doomed everyone, keep hoping but we'll be stuck without a properly built team for the rest of time.
    Last edited by koncept; Fri Apr 27, 2012, 10:02 PM.
    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

koncept wrote: View Post
    Very typical of a Toronto team - not good enough to make playoffs, never shitty enough to get good draft picks. We're doomed everyone, keep hoping but we'll be stuck without a properly built team for the rest of time.
    You might as well give up and never post on this forum again.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
      second
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

number 8th pick is looking preeeetty good right now.
        in masai we trust

Comment

koncept is probably a cavs fan
          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Koncept, Other than maybe NOH which team (worse than us) would you believe has the higher upside going forward?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              Koncept, Other than maybe NOH which team (worse than us) would you believe has the higher upside going forward?
              Charlotte.

They hit rock bottom, can't go nowhere but, up.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                Makes sense.

I mean, I'm pretty sure he doesn't feel that way and he isn't the first one today to overreact about the raptors draft LOTTERY position. Not even saying I disagree with him.

But, if he honestlyfeels that way. There's really no reason to continue to be a fan of this team and thus, no reason to be a member of this forum.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

haha. good reactions so far. I'm a die hard, just frustrated, maybe overreacting a bit. I understand that this season the raps are developing and have shown fight in a lot of close losses but does anyone else not feel that being tied for 3rd would have given us much more opportunity in drafting who we really want to draft? Its been a long season and I would've like to have gotten a better draft position out of it.
                  Last edited by koncept; Fri Apr 27, 2012, 10:18 PM.
                  in masai we trust

Comment

I'll repeat what I said in the coin flip thread.

They obviously are working and have already worked on a plan for every single scenario for the draft.

If they aren't sastisfied they'll trade the pick for something they're satisfied with.

Comment

sounds a bit more promising.
                      in masai we trust

Comment

i think this is the time of year where the moderators are busy as shit. There are a bunch of crazy fans who join this website simply to dump on the raptors because of their season.

Comment

I assume the OP is making a comparison to the Leafs, but the comparison doesn't really work. Their problem wasn't that they were never bad enough to get good players, it was that they always got impatient and traded them rather than developing them... Just in the last few years, they drafted Tlusty (traded after 3 seasons for non-NHLer, and just had a breakout season with Carolina this year); Carlo Colaiacavo and Steen (traded for Lee Stempniak, who played less than 2 seasons in Toronto, and both of who have become key pieces of the Blues); and Rask (traded to Boston for Raycroft, who played less than 100 games... Rask is now Boston's goltender of the future). Add in trading two first-rounders for Kessel, (one of which ended up being second-overall Seguin), and the Leafs over the last decade have probably the worst management of first-round picks out of just about any pro sports team.

So let's be patient and see what happens. Development takes time in any sport, and it's not all about high draft picks.

Comment

I'm with you on this koncept.

I think we've broken some unwritten rule of this website by having an opinion that the team's headed the wrong direction and that management is messing it up again. You've got commie Officer Puffer over here telling you not to have your own opinion.

Comment

This sounds like that guy in the Horror movies who just starts freaking out, and telling everyone they're all f-cked, and then he runs off and gets stabbed by Michael because he panicked instead of just sticking with the plan ... y'know? Hahaha

I can understand where you are coming from, but the doom and gloom attitude is just not like Toronto sports fans.
                              We are generally an optimistic bunch, and regardless of outcome, I think a positive attitude helps everyone out.

I just have to look at Charlotte and New Jersey to know that the Raptors will be just FINE.
                              Last edited by Joey; Sat Apr 28, 2012, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X