Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Who do you miss?

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Rookie Holy Craptors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Not the playoffs.
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Who do you miss?

    Hi everyone.

    Let's take our minds off lottery balls and season post-mortems with something less "serious" and more hypothetical.

    Which former Raptor do you miss watching? Or, if you like, who would you bring back from the Raptors' past to play on the current team? Who would be a good fit?

    I'll get the ball rolling: Keon Clark.



    A bit unpredictable, but entertaining off the bench, and could really dunk hard with those lanky arms from time to time. I remember jumping out of my seat and hitting my head on the basement ceiling when he dunked on Shawn Bradley one time.

    Keon would be a great fit on today's Raptors because he'd be a big presence up front, he'd fire up the crowd, and he'd scare the crap out of Aaron Gray.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,832
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    didn't he drink during halftime or something

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,832
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i'd say JYD and maybe mo pete.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,038
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Oak Tree
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Great thread idea.

    Guys like Oak and JYD come to mind, but Alvin Williams takes the cake for me. Loved him.

    Garbojosa is a thought as well.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Rookie Holy Craptors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Not the playoffs.
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    Great thread idea.

    Guys like Oak and JYD come to mind, but Alvin Williams takes the cake for me. Loved him.

    Garbojosa is a thought as well.
    Casey would love to have Oakley on the boards. If he had played against NJ on Thursday, I'm betting he would have grabbed 50 rebounds.

    Williams was great. JYD is at the games so often that I sometimes forget he doesn't play for us anymore.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    215
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Kevin "Alligator Arms" Willis.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,018
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Vince in his hayday of course!

    And how about Walt "The Wizard" Williams and his trademark high socks. He was money from behind the arc!

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Garbo and Mo Pete!

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Mike James. Obviously partly joking, but damn it was fun to watch him play when his shot was rolling! He lit up his share of defenses that year...


  11. #11
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,811
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    didn't he drink during halftime or something
    If by 'drink' you mean 'lines of coke', then yes.

    Still, Clark was a beast.









    I miss Hedo.
    In Masai we Trust.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Orillia
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Garbo would be awesome.. Grit, toughness, defence, outside shooting, and a bromance with Calderon.. Good man.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Holy Craptors wrote: View Post
    Hi everyone.

    Let's take our minds off lottery balls and season post-mortems with something less "serious" and more hypothetical.

    Which former Raptor do you miss watching? Or, if you like, who would you bring back from the Raptors' past to play on the current team? Who would be a good fit?

    I'll get the ball rolling: Keon Clark.



    A bit unpredictable, but entertaining off the bench, and could really dunk hard with those lanky arms from time to time. I remember jumping out of my seat and hitting my head on the basement ceiling when he dunked on Shawn Bradley one time.

    Keon would be a great fit on today's Raptors because he'd be a big presence up front, he'd fire up the crowd, and he'd scare the crap out of Aaron Gray.
    keon was alright but he is a massive chronic & the kush around here know would break him LOL

    id like to have the chuck wagon back.. (Swirsky) raptors broadcasts havnt been the same since he left.. & we hvent been to the playoffs since he left either

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Queq'part
    Posts
    1,072
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    !!!!!pops!!!!!

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,541
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    For me it is Boogie Williams, very good defender, great size at the point, and always showed up in the clutch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3VZcMDCaJM

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Rookie Holy Craptors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Not the playoffs.
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    If by 'drink' you mean 'lines of coke', then yes.

    Still, Clark was a beast.

    Yes! That's the dunk I remember. Griffin-esque because based on where he took off from, you didn't think it was possible for him to dunk it. If anyone knows of a video of that dunk that's more than 2 pixels x 2 pixels, please post it.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Zan Tabak

  18. #18
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,811
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Holy Craptors wrote: View Post
    If anyone knows of a video of that dunk that's more than 2 pixels x 2 pixels, please post it.
    Hahahah Indeed!
    In Masai we Trust.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Doug Christie, his defence was real good.

  20. #20
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,020
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Reggie Reggie Reggie Reggie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •