everyone do me a favor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

akashsingh wrote: View Post
    watch the playoffs, look how tight the defense is. Guys are sacrificing their bodies to get stops. How do you score? with star power, how do you win? with spectacular offensive and defensive execution w/ guys with TALENT as well as chemistry.

Im watching this miami game right now, and I don't think bargnani would even be able to get 5 pts by halftime, hell he probably wouldn't even be able to get a decent look in the post, that's how tight guys are playing their man.

And derozan? say goodbye to your free points at the free throw line, guys are mentally tough and simply aren't fouling. And he is going to have to play twice as aggressive as he currently does just to get a call.

Just want to remind everyone how talent wins in the playoffs, and how far we are from acquiring the talent necessary to succeed in the playoffs. stay grounded you optimistic fools.
    I don't understand the anger behind this thread, especially not the venom being spewed at fellow posters.

From what I can recall from most recent threads discussing moving into next season, regardless of who people are arguing over keeping, letting go, trading away, trading for, signing and drafting, the 99% consensus is that the Raptors need a significant talent injection next season (starting with Valanciunas), if they hope to compete for a playoff spot. There is also seemingly a 99.9% consensus that the Raptors team, given how young and relatively inexperienced they are, seriously need a training camp to acclimate to one another and to the new coach's systems.

So, to summarize, here are a few consensus feelings of most posters, even those who adamently disagree over specific personnel decisions that will be made between now and the start of next season:
    1) adding talent is critical, to upgrade any and all positions, be it from trades, signings or draft (or all of the above)
    2) training camp is of utmost importance to adjust to new coach's systems and to build team chemistry
    3) with serious talent upgrades, effective coaching and a full training camp (not to mention this entire season essentially being one long practice), the Raptors should be able to compete for a playoff spot in 2013, while continuing to build/improve the core for sustained/increasing success thereafter

akashsingh... it seems to me that the consensus already agrees with your assessment of the team. Nobody is saying that this year's team is just a minor tweak away from competing for an NBA chamipionship. The consensus is that roster improvement, both talent and chemistry, are mandatory in the offseason just to think about making the playoffs, which would finally be a big step forward for this franchise and demonstrate that BC truly does have a legitimate plan for the Raptors.

Why the hate for your fellow posters???
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Apr 30, 2012, 05:27 PM.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
      so comments like "you're a waste guy!" and "i prefer if you get me a beer" are actually adding to the discussion are they? I simply do not agree. You know I think it's time for me to focus on kickboxing this summer anyways, fck this site!
      Didn't know you focused posting on a stupid fan web site than kick boxing. Glad you got your priorities straight.

oryou will because you didn't even have the balls to say fuck. If your gonna go all out you can't be writing abbreviations.

But, really that wpuldn't have got you in trouble. If you had of read the rules(like Matt touched on) you would realize swearing is accepted in moderation.

But, Joey and Matt too, I guess. I've got to disagree with you on "dillusional" not keeping a compelling argument. Sure an excessive use of the word can get annoying and it can be used out of context because people can't think of the right word.

But, it's not keeping the convo from becoming uninteresting or ignorant. If just saying your dillusional without explaining then, yes it's just ignorant and insulting. But, other than that I think it is not bringing down the compel of an argument.

Nonetheless, there is no need to lose your cool an a fucking forum. You'll have to forgive me if i laugh at you in my response. I don't mean to dis the site, I think it's a wonderful site and I appreciate the work that was done to create it and that keeps it clean. But, at the end ofthe day don't take it for more than what it is.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

In all honesty, Mr. Akash. What responses were you expecting when you put a brash title like "everyone do me a favour".

You aren't exactly bobby fucking de niro.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
        X