everyone do me a favor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Can teams without such a player pull out victories? Well yes. As Joey mentioned, the Magic did so the other night. The Raptors have done so without Bargnani in the lineup. But to do so regularly isn't easy.
    As my father likes to say "If it were easy, then everyone would be doing it." haha

I think its a double edged sword. Miami had that player that could take over the game ... or lose it for you in the 4th quarter.
    Teams that don't rely on one player to do all the heavy lifting, generally have a more well rounded team, and are capable of withstanding games where your 'main guy' has a off game, or off quarter.

Comment

I agree that you need complimentary pieces who are capable of picking up the slack.

But if we're attempting to follow a championship guide to roster building, we need that double-team threat.

Comment

The original poster is wrong about Bargnani. Regardless of how good he is overall, he is absolutely capable of carrying an offensive load in the playoffs. 7 footers who can drive, post up, and have three-point range do not suddenly turn to pumpkins in the playoffs.

Comment

malefax wrote: View Post
          The original poster is wrong about Bargnani. Regardless of how good he is overall, he is absolutely capable of carrying an offensive load in the playoffs. 7 footers who can drive, post up, and have three-point range do not suddenly turn to pumpkins in the playoffs.
          you put a smaller sf/pf athletic guy on bargnani, say lebron for example, 1) he isn't going to blow past lebron 2) lebron would do an excellent job fronting bargnani and denying him the ball in good position the post 3) all he can do is shoot over people. and I am not sure at what efficiency he would be hitting those low percentage shots, especially with a defender who has enough desire to get right into his face.

In the playoffs, b/c you are playing the same team night in night out, coaches can much more effectively prepare a way to neutralize all the advantadges bargnani or ANY player for that matter has. And the only thing that is going to work is a player with the TALENT to execute offensively through tough defense, in other words a star that simply can't be stopped.

Another thing you can bet on is a player's weaknesses will also be magnified in the playoffs. Bargnani is not the strongest interior defender is he? Other coaches will pick up on this and use this to their advantadge and continue to attack the paint once they realize how poor bargnani is at rotating and playing help defense.

Comment

I am not a fan of Bargnani by any means, but Lebron is a freak and can guard virtually anyone. Using Lebron in your example is a very poor one because he could do that against anybody. Just look at what he did to Rose last year, or to Carmelo in the first game this year. When Lebron's game is on, he is actually pretty amazing.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              I am not a fan of Bargnani by any means, but Lebron is a freak and can guard virtually anyone. Using Lebron in your example is a very poor one because he could do that against anybody. Just look at what he did to Rose last year, or to Carmelo in the first game this year. When Lebron's game is on, he is actually pretty amazing.
              fine, another athletic sf/pf then, I still think my point holds. you did a very poor job trying to discredit my argument.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                watch the playoffs, look how tight the defense is. Guys are sacrificing their bodies to get stops. How do you score? with star power, how do you win? with spectacular offensive and defensive execution w/ guys with TALENT as well as chemistry.

Im watching this miami game right now, and I don't think bargnani would even be able to get 5 pts by halftime, hell he probably wouldn't even be able to get a decent look in the post, that's how tight guys are playing their man.

And derozan? say goodbye to your free points at the free throw line, guys are mentally tough and simply aren't fouling. And he is going to have to play twice as aggressive as he currently does just to get a call.

Just want to remind everyone how talent wins in the playoffs, and how far we are from acquiring the talent necessary to succeed in the playoffs. stay grounded you optimistic fools.
                just enjoy the games man...we all know that we stunk this year... you want an easier life, be a Lakers fan

Comment

fine, another athletic sf/pf then, I still think my point holds. you did a very poor job trying to discredit my argument.
                  I wasn't trying to discredit your argument though. I do agree that Bargnani is not the answer in the playoffs. I think he could be okay in the right match up but overall I don't have faith in him. I am not a fan of Bargnani as I stated.

I was just implying that using Lebron as an example when describing a guy who would be hard to play against is a very bad one since 99% of the league would have a hard time playing against Lebron.

Comment

Agreed, like in this video

TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

I wasn't trying to discredit your argument though. I do agree that Bargnani is not the answer in the playoffs. I think he could be okay in the right match up but overall I don't have faith in him. I am not a fan of Bargnani as I stated.

I was just implying that using Lebron as an example when describing a guy who would be hard to play against is a very bad one since 99% of the league would have a hard time playing against Lebron.
                      my bad yo, I though you were just simply trying to knock me down a peg like everyone else.

Comment

trying to knock me down a peg like everyone else.
                        Well I believe you are only getting that response from others, because you are going around calling anyone and everyone 'delusional', unless they agree with your point that the Raptors are doomed for all eternity.
                        Instead of just maintaining your opinion and engaging in an educated debate.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Well I believe you are only getting that response from others, because you are going around calling anyone and everyone 'delusional', unless they agree with your point that the Raptors are doomed for all eternity.
                          so comments like "you're a waste guy!" and "i prefer if you get me a beer" are actually adding to the discussion are they? I simply do not agree. You know I think it's time for me to focus on kickboxing this summer anyways, fck this site!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Good post, Joey.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Good post, Joey.
                              and I know what you're doing to. It's quite obvious.

Comment

and I know what you're doing to. It's quite obvious.
                                Responding to a good post?

Maybe you have not been around long enough but as long as the RR forum guidelines and policies are followed, disagreement is welcomed.... encouraged in fact - group think is boring.

Joey and I have had our differences in the past but it has always been positive and relevant discussion. I can say the same about many other posters.

Comment

Working...
                                X