Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we get the 8th pick and all our targets are gone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we get the 8th pick and all our targets are gone...

In this case, we should try to trade our pick for a legit starter. Maybe something like 8th pick + Amir Johnson for the legit starter and the second round pick of the team we trade with.

What do you think? If you agree, who do you think we could get via such a trade?

You came up with the thread, so you should come up with the ideas.

Comment

Ok, then I have a couple. I have one that is not done with the exact same package than I first thought, but I think this could work. Let's work with a package of DeMar DeRozan, Amir Johnson and the 8th pick. There would be a lot of options to get back a whole new starting 2/3 crew.

DeMar+Amir+8th pick for Danny Granger+Paul George
      http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=77few6l

DeMar+Amir+8th pick for JJ Redick+S&T Ryan Anderson
      Impossible to do this trade on the trade machine because Anderson is an upcoming free agent

DeMar+Amir+8th pick for Arron Afflalo+Wilson Chandler
      Impossible to do this trade on the trade machine because Chandler just signed with Denver

DeMar+Amir+8th pick for S&T Eric Gordon+Trevor Ariza
      Impossible to do this trade on the trade machine because Gordon is an upcoming free agent

DeMar+Amir+8th pick for Wesley Matthews+S&T Nicolas Batum
      Impossible to do this trade on the trade machine because Batum is an upcoming free agent

DeMar+Amir+8th pick for Tyreke Evans+Marcus Thornton
      http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bsaapzw

Also, if one of those team would really like to do such a deal, they could include one of their picks in this draft (1st or 2nd round).

What do you think?

Comment

Jose+DeMar+Amir+8th pick for Wesley Matthews+S&T Nicolas Batum+S&T Raymond Felton

Comment

I think you have grossly overestimated the value of DD, Amir, and the 8th pick.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I think you have grossly overestimated the value of DD, Amir, and the 8th pick.
            I think that's putting it lightly.

Comment

The other teams would say no in every trade.

Comment

Working...
              X