Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 8th pick - BPA

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 8th pick - BPA

I think the only options we have are

PG: Marshall or Lilliard
    Winner: Marshall, he's our PG of the future while trading Bayless for a SF while having Calderon as our backup PG

SG: Lamb or Rivers or T.Ross
    Winner: Lamb, if he's still around. This kid can shoot and he reminds me of Reggie Miller with athleticism

SF: P.Jones or T.Jones or Q.Miller
    Winner: Q.Miller, it's a gamble really who once projected to go top 5, if not for injury and his lack of interest when final four came along, i see the Raps drafting this guy to make the entire NBA commissions laugh at our pick (hint: Raphael Araujo and Charlie V) but unlike the previous 8th and 7th pick, i say give Miller a shot and for good riddance he turns into a Kevin Durant 2.0, our savior.

PF: Sullinger or T.Zeller or J.Henson
    Winner: Sullinger, at 8th pick, he's the BPA but i doubt Colangelo will draft this kid even though he's a hard worker with incredible basketball IQ. I say get this guy and you will see the results, I see him as a better version of Amir Johnson and can provide us 20+ ppg, 10rpg in the future but that means we will have to part with Bargnani unless Bargs play the 3, it might work, remember 2005-06 season when we had Calderon-Parker-Bargs-Bosh-O'Neal, we made to the playoff. I think Bargs at the 3 can work if we draft Sullinger.

C: Fab Melo
    Winner: Fab Mello, too early for the 8th pick, could pick up if he's still around in early 2nd round. He reminds me of Tyson Chandler.

Final Decision: Sullinger.

I know i'm bored, i played lottery draw myself and three out of twenty, i drew Sullinger. Sullinger is the BPA we will either have to part with one of Bargs or Ed Davis or move one of them up to get another lotto pick.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs at the 3? hell naw bro. Miller time! its EASY!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post

unless Bargs play the 3, it might work, remember 2005-06 season when we had Calderon-Parker-Bargs-Bosh-O'Neal, we made to the playoff.

05-06 was before Bargnani was drafted.

We never made the playoffs with O'Neal. He spent half of the 08-09 season here, I believe.

We made the playoffs in 06-07 and 07-08. So, I don't have the slightest clue where you got 05-06 from.

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Bargs at the 3? hell naw bro. Miller time! its EASY!
    Can you translate that for white people?

Last edited by LBF; Mon Apr 30th, 2012 at 08:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    PF: Sullinger or T.Zeller or J.Henson
    Winner: Sullinger, at 8th pick, he's the BPA but i doubt Colangelo will draft this kid even though he's a hard worker with incredible basketball IQ. I say get this guy and you will see the results, I see him as a better version of Amir Johnson and can provide us 20+ ppg, 10rpg in the future but that means we will have to part with Bargnani unless Bargs play the 3, it might work, remember 2005-06 season when we had Calderon-Parker-Bargs-Bosh-O'Neal, we made to the playoff. I think Bargs at the 3 can work if we draft Sullinger.
    Isn't Zeller a Center? He's better than Melo.

Also, I hate to say it but "2005-06 season when we had Calderon-Parker-Bargs-Bosh-O'Neal" never happened... In fact it never happened in any year. They may have been on the court at the same time at some point but Smitch tried Bargnani and Bosh at the 3 at different times over their careers and quickly pulled the plug in each instance. It never worked and such a setup won't work in the future.

Beyond that and the mentioning of Fab Melo, I like most of the other guys you mentioned at #8.

Post Thanks / Like

Jesus Christ Sullinger is what you come up with?

Post Thanks / Like

at least Sullinger is a better suggestion at 8 than some other guy's suggestion of Tony Wroten Jr.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Jesus Christ Sullinger is what you come up with?
    No need to freak out that badly over this to have to use the lord's name in vain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post

...Also, I hate to say it but "2005-06 season when we had Calderon-Parker-Bargs-Bosh-O'Neal" never happened... In fact it never happened in any year. They may have been on the court at the same time at some point but Smitch tried Bargnani and Bosh at the 3 at different times over their careers and quickly pulled the plug in each instance. It never worked and such a setup won't work in... #8.
    Maybe, he was thinking bargs was Garbo and Oneal was Rasho.

Lol

#sarcasm

Post Thanks / Like

Before lots of you jump off a bridge about the 8th pick,
    1. the Raps might not select at 8, and
    2. in every draft, there is one guy that always slips.

Keep that in mind.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Sullinger might not be athletic enough to do well at the next level. I would say away with a capital S!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    2. in every draft, there is one guy that always slips.
    There is no such thing as "slipping". NBA scouts take their jobs seriously and if they decide not to draft someone it's definitely because of legitimate concerns.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Prime wrote: View Post
    There is no such thing as "slipping". NBA scouts take their jobs seriously and if they decide not to draft someone it's definitely because of legitimate concerns.
    Like JV not being able to play in the NBA for a year or Ed Davis missing a year of development because of injury or Babcock drafting a Center for need or teams never imagining a player would fall that far so didn't scout them well or ignored because of inferior competition...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Draft wrote: View Post
    Like JV not being able to play in the NBA for a year or Ed Davis missing a year of development because of injury or Babcock drafting a Center for need or teams never imagining a player would fall that far so didn't scout them well or ignored because of inferior competition...
    Sounds like slipping to me!

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Draft wrote: View Post
    Slippage.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

t. jones, pj3, or mo harkless to me are the only options. harkless maybe the best player out of this draft in 3 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Sullinger is a sleeper bc of his size, he could be a beast...he's got carmelo's body but bigger. A guy who could play 3, 4 or 5. Maybe not a star, but a guy who will bring it and not afraid to mix it up down low. at 8, I think you gotta take him over the PGs. And you gotta take him over Perry Jones as well, who has hakim warrick-shitty-kenyon-martin-lookin-chris-wilcox written all over him

Post Thanks / Like

PS Q Miller is dropping out of the lotto fast, D Aldridge has him at 8th just among the SFs -- very surprising
    Last edited by IROR; Tue May 1st, 2012 at 08:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote IROR wrote: View Post
    Sullinger is a sleeper bc of his size, he could be a beast...he's got carmelo's body but bigger. A guy who could play 3, 4 or 5. Maybe not a star, but a guy who will bring it and not afraid to mix it up down low. at 8, I think you gotta take him over the PGs. And you gotta take him over Perry Jones as well, who has hakim warrick-shitty-kenyon-martin-lookin-chris-wilcox written all over him
    If Sullinger ever becomes a small forward in any league, I will give $100.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Barnes slips, if not I am hoping we get Lamb. We need a 3pt shooter that can stretch the floor and someone who can play D.

That being said take my opinion with a grain of salt because I don't really follow the NCAA Basketball that much.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys sold me on Lillard in the other thread. I wouldn't mind gambling with this pick. I'm not up on the non lottery picks, whats the ESPN in profile say about T Jones? Also what happened to Lamb's stock?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information