ESPN Mock Draft 4.0: Raptors select Damian Lillard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moe Harkless Highlights

We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

i have a feeling Harkless is going to shoot up draft boards come workouts like Paul George. he's certainly intriguing. very raw, though.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        i have a feeling Harkless is going to shoot up draft boards come workouts like Paul George. he's certainly intriguing. very raw, though.
        I completely agree. I had suggested perhaps trading down to get a couple of mid-round picks and then targeting Harkless and a PG. But I think Harkless might end up rising too high for that.

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
          Don't you love it when a highlight mix tape starts with highlights of defence and rebounding?

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            I have a feeling that every time I watch a highlight real of a player they will shoot up my draft board. Maybe it's the 100% shooting or lack of turnovers.
            “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
            ― John Wooden

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
              *video removed*

He is intriguing but at #8 IDK.
              Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Thu May 3, 2012, 01:27 AM.

Comment

http://swishscout.com/?page_id=8360
                Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Thu May 3, 2012, 05:28 AM.

Comment

It seem like a lot of you are just finding out about http://swishscout.com/ lol
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    It seem like a lot of you are just finding out about http://swishscout.com/ lol
                    Ya... lol.

BTW They have us talking Lamb. I think it'd be the better choice as well. We need someone who can play really good D as well as stretch the floor.

Comment

He's the right pick

I'm looking at the draft and it doesn't have a ton of value at the top. Drummond and PJ are not proven. Barnes hasn't impressed me at all. He doesn't shoot a good percentage and can't create his own shot. I think they're all potentially busts. Lillard has shown the amount of skill he has, and shoots a good percentage. He doesn't play in the best league, but he can get it done. He has good court vision and is a heads up player that has a quick first step. He isn't in a position to defer, and has to take a majority of the shots... which tells me, he better at offense then the league dictates due to defensive schemes to shut him down. He may also be a better floor general then expected given the chance.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                        Ya... lol.

BTW They have us talking Lamb. I think it'd be the better choice as well. We need someone who can play really good D as well as stretch the floor.
                        I agree.

Lamb would be a great pick up.

7-foot wingspan!!!! Oh yeah, and he can shoot and dribble.

Comment

speedbag wrote: View Post
                          I'm looking at the draft and it doesn't have a ton of value at the top. Drummond and PJ are not proven. Barnes hasn't impressed me at all. He doesn't shoot a good percentage and can't create his own shot. I think they're all potentially busts. Lillard has shown the amount of skill he has, and shoots a good percentage. He doesn't play in the best league, but he can get it done. He has good court vision and is a heads up player that has a quick first step. He isn't in a position to defer, and has to take a majority of the shots... which tells me, he better at offense then the league dictates due to defensive schemes to shut him down. He may also be a better floor general then expected given the chance.
                          Watching Boston dominate the Hawks tonight got me thinking that more teams might be going to a pg (rondo), pg/sg (bradley), sf, pf, c lineup. It makes more sense when you think about the rule changes and the challenge it is to stop quick ball handlers. Does this make a guy like lillard even more attractive... or is he just another bayless?
                          “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                          ― John Wooden

Comment

The Coach wrote: View Post
                            Watching Boston dominate the Hawks tonight got me thinking that more teams might be going to a pg (rondo), pg/sg (bradley), sf, pf, c lineup. It makes more sense when you think about the rule changes and the challenge it is to stop quick ball handlers. Does this make a guy like lillard even more attractive... or is he just another bayless?
                            If you are looking for that type of player, just keep Bayless and put him in the starting lineup at the 2 guard. Draft Lamb at 8 for your Harden-esque, first guard off the bench (or vice versa in time).

Comment

If you want a fast PG just start Bayless he is pretty damn fast and strong. I think one of the main reasons you guys don't like him as a pg on our team is because we have no ball handlers. Our offense is too PG dominated, its always jose dribbling around looking for an open man. Like look at OKC westbrook doesn't even dribble the ball up sometimes because almost all their wing players can handle the rock and create offense. If Demar could do that and we had a SF who could do that then starting bayless would be no problem, am i right?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                If you are looking for that type of player, just keep Bayless and put him in the starting lineup at the 2 guard. Draft Lamb at 8 for your Harden-esque, first guard off the bench (or vice versa in time).
                                I think Bayless fits that mold and it might be something the Raps look to do if they retain him; however, I am not sold on Bayless' attitude/personality. He seems immature or overcocky or something (this is me judging him from afar). He reminds of that kid that walks into the YMCA thinking he is Jordan and as soon as he gets down a few buckets, he finds that nagging injury acts up. My initial assessment of his demeanor and interviews is "fixed mindset" (from Dweck's book on success, called "Mindset").
                                ― John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X