Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank wrote: View Post
    What, no Perry Jones III fans here?
    Id take PJ3 as a gamble at SF provided we can trade down and get a little something extra.

Comment

Apparently the second most talented player in the draft but not able to put it all together. Hard to make a call on this guy without watching a lot of his games to figure out why he is so ineffective at times.

Comment

first off, I don't get why people keep mentioning Lamb in our projected range. To reach for him would be absurd at 8. Lillard looks explosive, but I'd prefer a playmaker if we go PG, I see no sense in duplicating what Bayless brings. Marshall is that guy, but he's a slight reach at 8 too. Something in my gut tells me that if we pick at 8 and want to reach, then Rivers might be worth it. I'm a UNC guy to the death, but he looks like he could develop into an explosive scorer and could give the team future options should they want to move DD
        Last edited by phdmac; Tue May 1, 2012, 02:03 AM.
        Ball Don't Lie

Comment

This from his Freshman season. If have time to watch the whole thing, you can see that he has a great feel for the game. Yes you see him "pass" the ball

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

This seems like a bad year to go for a PG with a lottery pick. Lillard and Marshall might end being decent pros, but I can't see how they move the needle for the franchise. The Raps should be able to pick up a PG of that caliber through trade of free agency in the next 2-3 years, or try to pick up a more dynamic PG in a future draft. In the meantime, Calderon plus another complementary PG would be better than either of those guys for a year or two as JV and others develop. It's unfortunate that this draft is about PFs, and the Raps have too many of those already.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
              I get why people like Lillard but he would be a terrible fit with DeRozan and Bargnani, and possibly with Valanciunas if he isn't a great pick and roll passer (since most of Val's offense in year 1 will likely come from diving to the bucket on the roll). He looks like his skill set will translate well to the NBA and that he'd be very low risk as an asset, but the league is flooded with combo guards that can score and come on cheap contracts.

edit: Just wanted to add, if you really want to take a point guard, there's no reason not to move down. I'm starting to wonder if trading the 8 for the Rockets' 14th and 16th picks (should it shake out that way), and seeing who falls might be a good idea. Rivers, Q Miller, Terrence Jones and Lamb are all available in that range in Ford's mock, and frankly I'd much prefer 2 of those 4 to Lillard or Marshall.
              Totally agree with this
              (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

Would be great to have one of those PG's that can really put pressure on the defence, with quick drives and athleticism ... but on the flip side, a PG who is a 'general' on the floor and a 1st class distributor - puts pressure on the defence in many ways.
                The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

I don't think Lillard is a better prospect than Bayless.

Check Bayless' stats from college: http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...jerryd-bayless

If the Raptors are considering signing Lillard, I think they are better off trying to resign Bayless to a multi-year contract starting at $3M or less per year.

In doing so the Raptors would have a better player and can use the pick to upgrade the roster elsewhere.

Bottom line: I'm not a Bayless fan but he is a better player than Lillard and just 2 years older.

Comment

I'd rather get better next season, not worse.

A part of me still wants to get out of this draft by trading our pick. I don't see how we can become vastly improved from this past season and still have 2 rookies and other youngen's playing a major role on this team. It's just not reasonable. It won't happen. We will be in the market for another high draft pick next season, which we would have to trade (or trade an existing youngen) because the team would be far too young at that point. So we could package the pick and either ED or Amir and go after Ilyasova or Batum, or what the hell, go after Dwight or DWill. I dunno.

The only way I see its worth keeping this pick is if we can't package to get an elite player, and then picking for the future. Have someone come in play background or backup minutes. For me, that's Marshall. He takes the backup pg role and move Bayless into the Barbosa position (6th man). Have Bayless and Marshall play off of each other on the second unit. But this is a consolation prize for not bringing back a stud with a package that includes the pick.
                    Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      I don't think Lillard is a better prospect than Bayless.

Check Bayless' stats from college: http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...jerryd-bayless

If the Raptors are considering signing Lillard, I think they are better off trying to resign Bayless to a multi-year contract starting at $3M or less per year.

In doing so the Raptors would have a better player and can use the pick to upgrade the roster elsewhere.

Bottom line: I'm not a Bayless fan but he is a better player than Lillard and just 2 years older.
                      These are good points right here. They also have a similar style of game.

Marshall interests me far more because he's a prototypical pass first PG with good fundamentals and good size.

He's already off the board in Ford's draft.

Comment

Draft wrote: View Post
                        Apparently the second most talented player in the draft but not able to put it all together. Hard to make a call on this guy without watching a lot of his games to figure out why he is so ineffective at times.
                        There are some reports that suggest Jones wasn't used or coached properly at Baylor. Almost like he was held back.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          i think with the "level of competition" argument you have to look at whether or not they dominated. it's not Lillard or any other shitty conference players fault where they play, but when they did play, how did they fare? Lillard was pretty unfuckwitable (thats a word i just made up) in school, so he certainly can ball. if "level of competition" was such a important thing, then why were high school players taken so high? it's all based on talent, and i think Lillard has a ton of it.
                          Nope. Been used a million times. Sorry. Lol...I don't wanna risk losing Jose, being left with Bayless as our newly injure-prone PG, with a rookie PG of unknown NBA readiness leading our team. We need vets. Too much battles for who can be the youngest. This is getting out of hand. We need wing players and another VET PG to run our team, if Jose's gone.
                          The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                          Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                          www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                          http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            If stuck with the #8-10 pick, I'd rather draft Marshall.
                            +1

Marshal = Andre Miller
                            Lillard = less potent more selfish Russel westbrook

Other thing to consider Kendall went up against much better talent - don't be dismissive of that.
                            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                              Would be great to have one of those PG's that can really put pressure on the defence, with quick drives and athleticism ... but on the flip side, a PG who is a 'general' on the floor and a 1st class distributor - puts pressure on the defence in many ways.
                              Dragic.

I really hope we draft Lamb and go after Dragic for PG.

Comment

who here has heard of this guy? he might be a steal if we trade down.
                                what do you guys think about drafting Harkless and why?

Harkless won Big East Rookie of the Year honors, averaging 15.5 points and 8.6 rebounds for the Red Storm. His 32 points in his conference debut against Providence set a conference record for scoring in a player's first Big East game, bettering marks set by Georgetown's Allen Iverson and Notre Dame's Troy Murphy.

An athletic 6-foot-8, Harkless is an even worse 3-point shooter than Kidd-Gilchrist (21.5 percent). But Harkless was on a preposterously young St. John's team -- he was one of nine freshmen who played for coach Steve Lavin -- and he was one of the best players on that team. Despite the Red Storm's 13-19 record, Harkless made an impression.

"For me, the most talented guy (after Kidd-Gilchrist and Barnes) is probably Harkless," said a Western Conference general manager. "He's got size, he's got length, he rebounds. He played out of position all year, which for him will be an adjustment. He can catch and shoot, at least. He's got a lot of long term upside. He's still really, really young. He produced in a good league and he had to play out of position. He's got some long term potential."
                                http://www.nba.com/news/features/dav...rds/index.html
                                We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Working...
                                X