X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8th pick - BPA

I think the only options we have are

PG: Marshall or Lilliard
    Winner: Marshall, he's our PG of the future while trading Bayless for a SF while having Calderon as our backup PG

SG: Lamb or Rivers or T.Ross
    Winner: Lamb, if he's still around. This kid can shoot and he reminds me of Reggie Miller with athleticism

SF: P.Jones or T.Jones or Q.Miller
    Winner: Q.Miller, it's a gamble really who once projected to go top 5, if not for injury and his lack of interest when final four came along, i see the Raps drafting this guy to make the entire NBA commissions laugh at our pick (hint: Raphael Araujo and Charlie V) but unlike the previous 8th and 7th pick, i say give Miller a shot and for good riddance he turns into a Kevin Durant 2.0, our savior.

PF: Sullinger or T.Zeller or J.Henson
    Winner: Sullinger, at 8th pick, he's the BPA but i doubt Colangelo will draft this kid even though he's a hard worker with incredible basketball IQ. I say get this guy and you will see the results, I see him as a better version of Amir Johnson and can provide us 20+ ppg, 10rpg in the future but that means we will have to part with Bargnani unless Bargs play the 3, it might work, remember 2005-06 season when we had Calderon-Parker-Bargs-Bosh-O'Neal, we made to the playoff. I think Bargs at the 3 can work if we draft Sullinger.

C: Fab Melo
    Winner: Fab Mello, too early for the 8th pick, could pick up if he's still around in early 2nd round. He reminds me of Tyson Chandler.

Final Decision: Sullinger.

I know i'm bored, i played lottery draw myself and three out of twenty, i drew Sullinger. Sullinger is the BPA we will either have to part with one of Bargs or Ed Davis or move one of them up to get another lotto pick.

Bargs at the 3? hell naw bro. Miller time! its EASY!

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post

unless Bargs play the 3, it might work, remember 2005-06 season when we had Calderon-Parker-Bargs-Bosh-O'Neal, we made to the playoff.

05-06 was before Bargnani was drafted.

We never made the playoffs with O'Neal. He spent half of the 08-09 season here, I believe.

We made the playoffs in 06-07 and 07-08. So, I don't have the slightest clue where you got 05-06 from.

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Bargs at the 3? hell naw bro. Miller time! its EASY!
      Can you translate that for white people?

Last edited by LBF; Mon Apr 30, 2012, 08:11 PM.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
        PF: Sullinger or T.Zeller or J.Henson
        Winner: Sullinger, at 8th pick, he's the BPA but i doubt Colangelo will draft this kid even though he's a hard worker with incredible basketball IQ. I say get this guy and you will see the results, I see him as a better version of Amir Johnson and can provide us 20+ ppg, 10rpg in the future but that means we will have to part with Bargnani unless Bargs play the 3, it might work, remember 2005-06 season when we had Calderon-Parker-Bargs-Bosh-O'Neal, we made to the playoff. I think Bargs at the 3 can work if we draft Sullinger.
        Isn't Zeller a Center? He's better than Melo.

Also, I hate to say it but "2005-06 season when we had Calderon-Parker-Bargs-Bosh-O'Neal" never happened... In fact it never happened in any year. They may have been on the court at the same time at some point but Smitch tried Bargnani and Bosh at the 3 at different times over their careers and quickly pulled the plug in each instance. It never worked and such a setup won't work in the future.

Beyond that and the mentioning of Fab Melo, I like most of the other guys you mentioned at #8.

Comment

Jesus Christ Sullinger is what you come up with?
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

at least Sullinger is a better suggestion at 8 than some other guy's suggestion of Tony Wroten Jr.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              Jesus Christ Sullinger is what you come up with?
              No need to freak out that badly over this to have to use the lord's name in vain.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

...Also, I hate to say it but "2005-06 season when we had Calderon-Parker-Bargs-Bosh-O'Neal" never happened... In fact it never happened in any year. They may have been on the court at the same time at some point but Smitch tried Bargnani and Bosh at the 3 at different times over their careers and quickly pulled the plug in each instance. It never worked and such a setup won't work in... #8.
                Maybe, he was thinking bargs was Garbo and Oneal was Rasho.

Lol

#sarcasm

Comment

Before lots of you jump off a bridge about the 8th pick,
                  1. the Raps might not select at 8, and
                  2. in every draft, there is one guy that always slips.

Keep that in mind.

Comment

Sullinger might not be athletic enough to do well at the next level. I would say away with a capital S!!!!

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      2. in every draft, there is one guy that always slips.
                      There is no such thing as "slipping". NBA scouts take their jobs seriously and if they decide not to draft someone it's definitely because of legitimate concerns.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                        There is no such thing as "slipping". NBA scouts take their jobs seriously and if they decide not to draft someone it's definitely because of legitimate concerns.
                        Like JV not being able to play in the NBA for a year or Ed Davis missing a year of development because of injury or Babcock drafting a Center for need or teams never imagining a player would fall that far so didn't scout them well or ignored because of inferior competition...

Comment

Draft wrote: View Post
                          Like JV not being able to play in the NBA for a year or Ed Davis missing a year of development because of injury or Babcock drafting a Center for need or teams never imagining a player would fall that far so didn't scout them well or ignored because of inferior competition...
                          Sounds like slipping to me!
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Draft wrote: View Post
                            Slippage.

Comment

t. jones, pj3, or mo harkless to me are the only options. harkless maybe the best player out of this draft in 3 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X