the china question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the china question

i was just watching the dallas okc game and yi didn't get off the bench once, not unsurprisingly. so i started to think about yi as our 12-15 guy on the bench. i might get the website banned in china, but china steals, they steal everything. but one thing the government does pay for is chinese interests. and a player in the nba follows those interests. i was wondering if the revenue of all the televised games and merchandising of having yi on our bench would off set some of the higher end tax punishments the team hypothetically could be taking down the road.

they televise almost every single game of dallas here and the announcers still talk about yi even though he is always on the bench. almost every player would get a shoe or clothing deal instantly and the team would be one of the few that the country watches for and protects against forgery clothing, because they are getting paid too.

hmm...interesting. but not really

Comment

To OP: Are you located on mainland China? Yi is pretty ordinary and I wouldn't be surprised if Cuban is not using him for the same purposes now.

Comment

Actually Yi was pretty highly regarded as a prospect and in NJ he wasn't bad, he even had pretty good stats, but he was soft, softer than Bargnani given the fact I watched every NJ game during that season. China broadcasted the games featuring Chinese people no shit, but I think more games are broadcasted with the Knicks right now. I would know i went to China when Linsanity just started running.

Comment

Slightly off topic, but wasn't there some concern about not knowing how old Yi really is (same with Biyombo)?

Comment

er1csh3n wrote: View Post
            Actually Yi was pretty highly regarded as a prospect and in NJ he wasn't bad, he even had pretty good stats, but he was soft, softer than Bargnani given the fact I watched every NJ game during that season. China broadcasted the games featuring Chinese people no shit, but I think more games are broadcasted with the Knicks right now. I would know i went to China when Linsanity just started running.
            Yes I remember when the Bucks drafted him and he did not want to play for them (wanted a big market team with a sizable Chinese presence). The few games I saw him in he was soft as u mentioned and by "ordinary" I meant he was nothing special other then for a 7 fter he ran and moved well but definitely not starter material.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Slightly off topic, but wasn't there some concern about not knowing how old Yi really is (same with Biyombo)?
              Not if you're using him to bring in $
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Jose already has a chinese shoe contract

LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  To OP: Are you located on mainland China? Yi is pretty ordinary and I wouldn't be surprised if Cuban is not using him for the same purposes now.
                  yes, in shanghai.

lin sanity isn't that big. it blew out with his knee.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    yes, in shanghai.

lin sanity isn't that big. it blew out with his knee.
                    yea now it isn't, but before it was crazy as shiit especially in taiwan, even guongdong had like everyone in blue and orange.

Comment

Working...
                    X