Bosh frustrated with Hedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh frustrated with Hedo

This little tit-bit of 2nd hand info is from Basketball420 (a very reputable longtime RealGM poster with legitimate insider contacts):

Not sure if anyone heard this but ..thie morning Bosh, Jose and Jay were asked about Hedo's struggles ...Jay and Jose seemed supportive but Bosh clearly seems as frustrated as everyone else...he said the fact of the matter is he just has to perform and we can support him all we want but he has to start performing on the floor...it isn't huge but I heard behond closed doors Bosh is very frustrated with Turkoglu's lack of effort on a nightly basis.
    RR OG

I can see how it would infuriate Bosh to see Hedo coasting out there on the floor. Bosh has been hustling all season and JT is preaching hard work on defense but Hedo keeps giving these lackluster performances on the court. Turk is supposed to be a star, and stars are supposed to lead by example. What does it tell the rest of the team if one of your stars isn't working as hard as the 11th and 12th man on the team? Every player goes through offensive slumps, but it's lack of effort that can't be tolerated. Everyone can work hard night in and night out. That's what gets you respect from your teammates, your coach and your fans.

Hopefully Bosh isn't just mulling about this to himself. I hope that he either speaks to Hedo about it or addresses the team as a whole about lack of effort to get the message across. Bosh is the leader of this team and if any player isn't working hard enough or is letting the team down, then he should work to try and fix it.

Comment

Everybody on the team is frustrated with Hedo's lack of effort, not just Bosh. This is hardly news. If you're in a lockerroom and it's OBVIOUS (as it is even to the fans watching on TV) that somebody isn't trying hard enough, you're going to be pissed even though your'e not going to go straight up to him.

This is where leadership comes in and somebody actually confronts Hedo, not just whispers to another teammate how they're "frustrated" with him.

I've been saying this for a long time, this team lacks leadership more than anything.

Comment

Hedo jogs up and down the court and sometimes walks. He can't hit shots even if he is open. WHo the fuck isn't frustrated
        Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

with good reason

Comment

It amazes me that when players come to Toronto they are always get caught off guard to the amount of scrutiny they face when they don't play well.

The assumption that Toronto is a pressure free environment/media friendly to go to, is a myth which actually is a good thing because we have passionate fans who don't settle for mediocracy.

Another distrubing espect is that whenever we get a player via trade (TJ, JO and now Turkoglu) is that their weakness was always exposed. JO is playing much better under the Miami system, and so did Turkoglu who was just feeding off D.Howard in Orlando.

Once again someone in the front office wasn't doing their homework regarding the type of player that they were getting and his ability to mesh or adopt to this Raptors squad.

Comment

I would have a problem if Bosh wasnt upset. anyone who has ever played organized sports knows a type of person like Hedo. The guy who comes in a doesnt give a crap, the guy who has talent and could help the team win but he's too damn lazy. That type of person is a cancer for any team, they cause fueds and it doenst help when "A Hedo" says NOW they'll start trying, because everyone else were busting their ass from the get-go..

Comment

if Bosh is frustrated, he went out tonight and lead by example in tearms of effort.

Comment

Hedo Turkoglu needs a strong demanding defense first coach to get the most out of him. Effort wise. Triano isn't that coach.

Triano doubles up on that problem by not giving Hedo Turkoglu a large enough offensively. Making him unhappy and worsening the situation.
                  nbaroundtable

Comment

I swear Hedo is becoming the Raptors equivalent of The Situation (and yes I do watch Jersey Shore)

Comment

nonononononono..... i think you all got it all wrong... hedo ain't a burden on the team... he just need support from his team mates..... especially bosh....

Comment

I swear Hedo is becoming the Raptors equivalent of The Situation (and yes I do watch Jersey Shore)

Comment

pinkoglu wrote: View Post
                          nonononononono..... i think you all got it all wrong... hedo ain't a burden on the team... he just need support from his team mates..... especially bosh....
                          pinkoglu, in another thread not too far down the main board Hedo talk about how he will try hard from now on. Essentially he himself admitted that he hasn't been working hard.

Comment

Babyface_killah wrote: View Post
                            *high 5's Babyface*

I'll admit I too have watched it Babyface.

And yes, the comparison between Hedo and "The Situation" is bang on.

Comment

lol .. its funny how you guys think this is new ... the guy is overrated,lazy and overpaid !!!!!!!!!
                              ~ Court Surfing ~

Comment

Working...
                              X