Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Amare on the block?

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Read the post at the top of the page...$65 over 3 years. So you would have to send out close to $65 million in salary. Do you really see Lin, Shumpert and the first round pick from a play-off team being worth what you have to give up?
    Technically you would not have to send out $65M.. just the amount he makes in one year. It's still a lot of money since he makes about $20M next season. Not that I would do this but you could trade Amare+Shumpert+Lin for Calderon+Kleiza+TPE (for Shumpert)

    It blows up our payroll for future years (Calderon is an expiring contract, where as Amare has 3 years left). Shumpert/Lin is not worth destroying our cap space, IMO.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Technically you would not have to send out $65M.. just the amount he makes in one year. It's still a lot of money since he makes about $20M next season. Not that I would do this but you could trade Amare+Shumpert+Lin for Calderon+Kleiza+TPE (for Shumpert)

    It blows up our payroll for future years (Calderon is an expiring contract, where as Amare has 3 years left). Shumpert/Lin is not worth destroying our cap space, IMO.

    :-) I wasn't thinking $65 million in one year. Or there would only be three guys on the team :-)

    Just mis-wrote myself.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    603
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I know it blows our payroll.

    I was suggesting a scenario if we went for Amare. I don't see it happening either as NY is giving away too much. Lets not forget Amare put up very big numbers up until last year. .

    We get a solid guard in SHumpert who can defend at 3 positions, handle and shoot who is on a 4year rookie contract.

    Lin would bring commercial success if not anything else and the knicks would hate losing him. He sells court seats, tv rights home& abroad and jerseys. if I was GM i would keep a guy like Lin at all costs.

    The first rounder might fetch us another star or could be used in a trade.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,794
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i want nothing to do with the knicks or Amar'e

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would make my way down to the ACC and punch BC in the face if he traded for Amare this off season.

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Only way I would have Amar'e on this team is if hes traded to a team like NO, amnestied and signed for $16 mil/2 years.

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    Only way I would have Amar'e on this team is if hes traded to a team like NO, amnestied and signed for $16 mil/2 years.
    Knicks used their amnesty and teams cannot amnesty a player they acquired by trade after July 1st, 2011.

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote koncept wrote: View Post
    The Knicks should've stuck with their roster instead of trading for melo.
    You're so right. The super-friends theory doesn't work necessarily. Clippers won't go far and I believe that the Heat will be bridesmaids and not the bride for years to come.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Washington is NY best trade partner

    I feel washington is the best suitor for Amare. Rashard Lewis for Amare. Not sure if that works out on the trade machine, but that would be great for both sides.

    FOr NY: they get rid of Amare, his contract, and create room for melo and chandler. The big lineup didn't work. we could see the effectiveness with melo and chandler upfront in the first 3 quarters of the game last night.

    For Washington: They get rid of rashard lewis stupid contract and get a ligitimate nba player in return. IT would mark the transition from gun slinger/stupid players era (look up arenas, mcgee, young) to a real NBA team era. A starting lineup of Wall, Crawford, vessley, Amare, and Nene will become a scary lineup.


    As for the raps, stay away. We kept bargs for this long, see if he can be that 25pt scorer and hope that val can be the "noah/chandler" casey envisions. Also, use the money to go after FA like Jeff Green or RFA like OJ Mayo/Brook Loepz/batum or even players that ought to move such as Andre Iggy or Danny Granger.

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DaveKim wrote: View Post
    I feel washington is the best suitor for Amare. Rashard Lewis for Amare. Not sure if that works out on the trade machine, but that would be great for both sides.

    FOr NY: they get rid of Amare, his contract, and create room for melo and chandler. The big lineup didn't work. we could see the effectiveness with melo and chandler upfront in the first 3 quarters of the game last night.

    For Washington: They get rid of rashard lewis stupid contract and get a ligitimate nba player in return. IT would mark the transition from gun slinger/stupid players era (look up arenas, mcgee, young) to a real NBA team era. A starting lineup of Wall, Crawford, vessley, Amare, and Nene will become a scary lineup.


    As for the raps, stay away. We kept bargs for this long, see if he can be that 25pt scorer and hope that val can be the "noah/chandler" casey envisions. Also, use the money to go after FA like Jeff Green or RFA like OJ Mayo/Brook Loepz/batum or even players that ought to move such as Andre Iggy or Danny Granger.
    Lewis has just one year left and it is 'only' guaranteed for $13M.

    After the fiasco Washington just went through with Arenas' contract and now being burdened with Lewis' contract I'd be shocked if they put themselves in to a conceivably similar situation.

    But then again, desperate individuals do desperate things. Are Washington desperate yet?

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,961
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Every time I read this thread title, I get that annoying "Jenny from the Block" song stuck in my head. FML.

    J-Lo stole that beat from the Beatnuts without offering royalties!
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •