Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft 7.0 - Raptors select.....Dion Waiters

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mock Draft 7.0 - Raptors select.....Dion Waiters

The Raptors adamantly denied they were the team that persuaded Waiters to drop out of the combine with a promise to draft him in the lottery. Given the team's attempts to trade the pick, I sort of believe them. But that won't stop them from drafting Waiters if they keep the pick and he's still on the board.

The Raptors have a roster full of soft jump-shooters. What they really need is a tough player who can get to the basket and get his own shot at the end of games. Someone like Waiters. Damian Lillard and Jeremy Lamb are also possibilities at No. 8.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Source?

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Espn
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeremy Lamb doesn't appear to be a player who likes contact....it might wake him up from the perpetual nap he seems to be in...at least in his interviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Fuck off Chad Ford, I want nothing to do with Waiters. PJ3! PJ3! PJ3! or Lillard..

Raptors Republic Rookie Usagi_yo_Jimbo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What do u guys think about Austin Rivers? I dont know bout you guys, but i think he might be the sleeper in this draft, we need more scoring, he could be a monta ellis 2.0 plus he can handle the ball a bit. He looks like he has the "it" factor. I dont really know much about waiters, but i would take Rivers over him. Whatchuguys think?

Raptors Republic Rookie Delonte_West's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
    What do u guys think about Austin Rivers? I dont know bout you guys, but i think he might be the sleeper in this draft, we need more scoring, he could be a monta ellis 2.0 plus he can handle the ball a bit. He looks like he has the "it" factor. I dont really know much about waiters, but i would take Rivers over him. Whatchuguys think?
    agreed i think austin rivers is going to be good, id be happy with him or PJ3

Raptors Republic Starter albertan_10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

im not happy with many options at this spot. im also not happy about all the tanking teams that made us lose draft spots

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Jeremy Lamb doesn't appear to be a player who likes contact....it might wake him up from the perpetual nap he seems to be in...at least in his interviews.
    he also came off sounding pretty empty headed in his interview. i like the players who speak in full sentences and can describe workouts/attitudes/prospects with more than "good. it was good. it went good. i feel good. going to a team would be good."

pass on lamb for me from that 2 minute clip

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

rivers came off great in the interview. i like how he answers his questions about his father. he must have known they were coming and i guess they would annoy him. this being his time to shine and still overshadowed by his dad but he answered honestly and didn't shy away. i see a bit of curry in him and with luck he has better ankles. wouldn't be upset with that pick at all.

i also thought moe came off well in interviews considering he is so young. and barnes is a well spoken young man too.

Post Thanks / Like

NBA.com has the same damn outcome. Why is it this kid I have never heard of until this week is suddenly so god damn popular

Post Thanks / Like

Chad Ford actually said he sees Waiters as a better version of Monta Ellis, and could see him going as high as 6th overall to Portland.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't be happy with this pick. If it's true, it seems unprofessional (and naive?) to pack up shop after one team promises you a pick...

Anyways pass for me... I would prefer Rivers as well...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Barnes came off extremely well-spoken. Finally somebody agrees with me on passing on lamb after his interview

Raptors Republic Starter japetas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rivers is a charismatic guy, who may not become a superstar as a player (or may be), but he definitely can be a face of the franchise (like Brandon Jennings) and I like it. In my opinion drafting him is low risk - high reward option
    (Sorry for poor English )

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If BC, Ed & Co., think he's the best - then i'll be excited to see what he brings.

I would definitely take Waiters over Lamb & maybe Marshall ... but I have Lillard and Austin slightly ahead in my mind.

I'd much, much rather use the pick & another asset to get into the top 5. With Sacto looking to select a big to go with Cousins, a lot of their options would be there at #8 ... Henson, Zeller, Leonard, Sullinger, etc. The top 5 dudes in the draft: Davis, Barnes, MKG, TRob, Beal ... is where the real value lies for us.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, maybe Ed Davis & the #8 would entice the Kings ... Demarcus & Ed would be a load of shot blocking and rebounding.

Since i'm in crazyland, i'll put it as: Ed, #8, JJ, #35 for #5, Tyreke.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally got around to watching some footage of Waiters and was left feeling impressed. I'm not sold on his shooting at all, but he can get to the rim in similar fashion to D. Wade. He's really quick, has the ability to mix it up between stutter steps and long strides which helps him get past defenders in the paint and has a certain toughness and swagger/cockiness to him which the Raptors don't have. It's toss up between him and Lillard for me at this point. Lillard is a really good shooter and a "high character" guy as he said of himself and Waiters seems to be more of a penetrating guard that you can give the ball to in crunch time when you need a bucket. I'd be happy with either player I think.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Waiters could be a headcase though. I can see him clashing with Casey.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't. He's cocky, sure, but all good players are cocky. He clashed with Bonheim (Syracuse coach) his first couple years (most players do, btw) and then started working under his system and excelled. He said himself "I came to Syracuse a boy, I left a man". That's an excellent attitude to have about it all.

I wouldn't worry about his head.

Bonheim is a notorious dickhead too, keep that in mind. Even the Syracuse community can't stand him most of the time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information