Matt Devlin on TNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    What about his 10 minutes of rambling about cell phones or his minimum of 3 other compltely incoherent senile tangents he takes each game? He knows his stuff, but he spends half his time reliving his college days or talking about stuff completely unrelated to the game being played right in front of him. I want a color commentator who stays on topic and talks about current, relevant information pertaining to the game, the team and the league. Jack doesn't do that.
    Think about how the raptors have been playing these past 2 seasons... if we were a playoff team he wouldn't be talking nonsense but Matt and Jack need to have some way to keep the fans entertained when watching and losing. Plus most of those off topic conversations are started by Matt not Jack.

Comment

I think Jack was like that long before the Raps sucked this bad. Besides, my first comment was to get rid of Matt, Jack, Leo and start fresh. I think they're all pathetic.

Comment

i agree with leo and matt but not jack.

Comment

Remember the days when Rod Black used to do play-by-play? I don't miss that era. Thankfully, I'll never hear the term, "back-handed jam" ever again.

Comment

I have no issues with Matt, Jack or Leo

Comment

He's commentating the Spurs-Jazz game. Boy do I love me some Devlin all season long

*sarcasm*
              TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Matt and Jack are pretty good. Matt is definitely way better when he's on a US network, but he still has massive delays between some of the plays and his calls. Jack is hilarious, yet he speaks his mind when he sees BS on the court.

Leo, however, makes me want to stop watching immediately because he thinks he's funny (grossly mistaken) and he talks about the same shit every game:
                - don't try to block a jumpshooter
                - take it to the rim
                - I think I could have been something if my knees weren't built out of toothpaste

Comment

i think we all miss chuck swirsky right now.
                  in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

koncept wrote: View Post
                    i think we all miss chuck swirsky right now.

I do.

Comment

I know he got on a lot of people's nerves but I honestly believed that he was a Raptors Homer at heart and that he contributed to the attitude of the fans and team, which did lead to more wins.

I can't eat a salami and cheese sandwich anymore without shedding a tear.

Leo needs to be retired, the guy has such an obvious over inflated sense of self and it gets on my nerves. He does seem to be a genuine dick, plus for a guy who has played at a high level I am disappointed by his LACK of insight. Jack is annoying at times but at least he calls it as he sees it AND occasionally has something worthwhile to see. I also find his occasional quips/joke that really isn't a joke, about "they don't pay me enough to do that" is horribly unprofessional. I can only hope that the raps employ him because they literally can't get anyone else unless they pay a boat load more.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

"HEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" (said every time a dancer is on the screen) Believe me Jack, we are all thinking the same thing, but it just brings more attention to it when our wives are in the same room. That being said, he does bring more energy to the game, plus I think the singing and chatter will slow down a little when they put a winning product on the floor.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          We're going to need a pinned "all things Devlin" thread soon
                          I made one. Didn't last though.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Also, here's a suggestion. Turn the volume down. It helps.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Matt Devlin is plain vanilla with a golden voice. He's like a plain backdrop which gets accented by the commentator that is calling the game along side him. Like Bob Costas, you just need a great voice and don't really need to know what you're talking about because there is a commentator with you who knows what they're talking about. All Matt needs to do is verbally nod his head to the other individuals comments.

Jack is a homer and outside of when he and Matt start singing I really don't really mind him at all.

Leo on the other hand makes me want to put my foot through the TV everytime he speaks. His voice sounds so damn nasally and whiny. Damn it I'm all riled up thinking about that douche bag now!

Comment

Chuck set the bar too high in my opinion.

Couldn't stand Matt the first year but he's grown on me. His first season he knew nothing about the players on the roster and made the stupidest comments. It also seemed like he was routing for the other team and that got on my nerves. As the seasons have rolled on he's seemed to become more of a supporter of the club and his commentating has become better or at least bearable.

Leo is an egotistical prick majority of the time but I don't mind him when he's in the studio. He seems to love himself so much more when Devlin is kissing his ass.

Jack is the man no way around it. The guy brings it every night and his honest is appreciated. the guy doesn't sugar coat things and doesn't have an ego. At times he's not professional but he's enjoyable to listen to. I look forward to some "get that garbage outta here" next year with JV roaming the paint.

Comment

Working...
                                X