Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: BC: "We will be in a unique position with $12 million in cap space before the draft"

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Aren't we assuming that BC would not use the cap space for a UFA (eg. Dragic, Ilyasova) or am I missing something?
    Quote c_bcm wrote: View Post
    I would have to go through a thorough list of NBA salaries to know who is reasonable to go after. But from your list the only one I'd be interested in is Rudy Gay. I highly doubt he is gettable.
    I would consider going after Ilyasova, but that wouldn't require a trade. Signing Ersan would also allow us to maintain some level of financial flexibility, which can never be a bad thing for this rebuilding process.
    More flexibility if cap space is used before July 1st.

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ground-running

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    I understand he is core player/untouchable on the Rockets.
    He is unrestricted FA. We can throw money at him and rockets wont even have a chance to match the offer. I suppose they could but he woudn't be obligated to take it and sign with them. We can offer him something the Rockets can't on top of the money. Starting PG position and playing time. He'll have to split time with Lowry if he goes back to the Rockets.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like Josh Smith if we knew we could re-sign him right away, he is only under contract for 2012/13 and is 26 years old.
    I do think Granger could be had as well, Indiana has a stud in George and he has good knees as well. I would hate to see Granger turn into Brandon Roy. While he could be had, not sure I want him.

Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would take Okafor if we got NO's 10th pick from Minnesota, perhaps trade Kleiza or Amir. He might restrict our cap space for a few years but I think he would be great piece as Jonas is learning the game. With two draft picks we may be able to grab Lillard and Lamb. Or perhaps use our two 2nd rounders to move up to grab Barnes, and then draft Lamb if he's available at 10.

Jonas/Okafor/Amir
    Bargs/Ed/Amir
    Barnes/J.J./Forbes
    D.D./Lamb/Forbes
    Calderon/?? (Dragic if we have the cap room)/????

That's a pretty sweet line-up

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

From the initial list, on order of preference:

Gay (I believe unlikely, but with the tax line you never know ... Memphis' playoff performance may also play a factor)
    Granger (Great duo with George, but maybe they see George as the future SF ... we could send Demar)
    Iggy (Most likely, and maybe the best fit under Casey - but not a fantastic 3 point shooter ... a win, but not huge)
    ... stop.

These are the easiest moves, roster-wise ... meaning, they don't require other big pieces to be swapped, and they don't create roster holes with the transaction.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.