Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: BC: "We will be in a unique position with $12 million in cap space before the draft"

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    No, you must make as many moves as you can, preferably increasing in complexity in each instance. Colangleo is the ultimate practitioner of the Red Queen Theory - no one runs faster to stay in exactly the same place. Look for more of the same this offseason....

In any case, I see absolutely no scenario where the Thunder don't keep Harden, so this is moot. As for Harden himself, why the hell would Harden leave a team that looks like it will be a contender for the foreseeable future to come to an organization with its head firmly buried up its ass that will be in tough to make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference for the foreseeable future? For a few million more that will have absolutely zero impact on your lifestyle? Improbable.
    i agree, but it wasn't really 'about' whether harden would come to TO, but rather, that the raptors should make a play for him. as for why he wouldn't stay there - well, OKC is committed to a number of other players with fairly hefty pricetags going forward, so it may become something of a numbers game. perhaps harden, as much as he likes it in OKC, would relish the opportunity to not be the 3rd fiddle (or 4th, depending on how you view ibaka).
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i think harden will be a sign and trade deal in the future. i think that ibaka is more valuable to the team then harden. but okc could go another away and send westbrook away however unlikely.

right now they can afford everyone and they will compete for the title for two years with the current lineup. i really couldn't see them making a move right now that could damage that.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really trying to like the thunder and appreciate what they're doing. But, I just can't help but, have dislike toward them and everyone who plays for them.

I suppose it's because of the way they got the team are most of the reasons I have a distaste for the NBA.

I realize they have some great players that I'd love to have on my team. But, I just can't embrace it.

I suppose it's the same reasons I don'tvlike memphis. It's just I have more of a distaste because it's more recent.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    No, you must make as many moves as you can, preferably increasing in complexity in each instance. Colangleo is the ultimate practitioner of the Red Queen Theory - no one runs faster to stay in exactly the same place. Look for more of the same this offseason....

In any case, I see absolutely no scenario where the Thunder don't keep Harden, so this is moot. As for Harden himself, why the hell would Harden leave a team that looks like it will be a contender for the foreseeable future to come to an organization with its head firmly buried up its ass that will be in tough to make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference for the foreseeable future? For a few million more that will have absolutely zero impact on your lifestyle? Improbable.
    Both Harden & Ibaka can sign extensions this summer (This "oportunity was extended by OKC to both Durant -unquestionably an elite player, and Westbrook -in some ways similar to Harden-both shoot first PGs) before they become RFA next summer. If you do -OKC is already well over 40 mil to Durant, Westbrook & Perkins, this puts you in mid 60 mil with only 5 players signed (yes I assume they will both get 10-12 mil). This will not work IMO for a small market team, unless at least they make it to NBA finals.
    OKC can wait till next year, when both are RFA & "deal with it/match any contracts". It will likely cost you more $$$ (both are young & improving), while at the same time (by delaying giving them extensions) you are in essence telling both of them that they are not as important as Durant & Westbrook (both of those players received extension offers early).
    We all know how "sensitive NBA stars are" when it comes to respect or lack off. In the nutshell Ibaka is a "big" & thus gets an extension & Harden becomes a Raptor or ?????
    Maybe Eric Gordon (IMO similar to Harden -Gordon might be a better shooter, but Harden can play 1 or 2 and is more durable) will tell us what market for Harden will be next year. As for Ibaka -see D Jordan, with Ibaka being a lot more of an offensive player.
    What would you give up for Harden? -DD, this years first and ??? -or is that too much?

Raptors Republic Starter Mindlessness's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In the ideal world our team could do this,

Trade Calderon for Lowry
    Sign Dan Green
    Draft Jeremy Lamb
    Sign Omer Asik
    Draft Tyshawn Taylor and Alex English
    And move DDR to the 3

Our team would look like this

PG: Lowry/Bayless/Taylor
    SG: Green/Lamb/English
    SF: DeRozan/Kleiza
    PF: Bargnani/Davis
    C: Valanciunas/Asik

It could and probably would make the playoffs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    In the ideal world our team could do this,

Trade Calderon for Lowry
    Sign Dan Green
    Draft Jeremy Lamb
    Sign Omer Asik
    Draft Tyshawn Taylor and Alex English
    And move DDR to the 3

Our team would look like this

PG: Lowry/Bayless/Taylor
    SG: Green/Lamb/English
    SF: DeRozan/Kleiza
    PF: Bargnani/Davis
    C: Valanciunas/Asik

It could and probably would make the playoffs
    You already posted this in another thread. It's a terrible, unlikely idea. Plus, you seem to have completely forgotten about Amir, JJ and Forbes, all of whom are under contract for next season.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lol, plus that team would barely be better than this year's squad.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Just place jj Amir and Forbes at reserves at sf pf and c

Post Thanks / Like

I guess that'd be stupid to you guys as well

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, then what's your idea

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    Just place jj Amir and Forbes at reserves at sf pf and c
    Forbes is a guard, JJ and Amir are forwards. Beyond the missing players, I just agree with Nilanka that the team you've assembled just isn't that good, IMO. You should probably create a thread in the trade proposal forum though, to discuss a particular trade proposal in depth.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure ill do that

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The 76ers are "looking to move" Andre Iguodala, according to ESPN's Chris Broussard.

The Sixers have been flirting with an Iguodala trade for the last few seasons. According to Broussard, they now feel that Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner "won't grow to reach their potential as long as Iguodala is there." The defensive stopper and freakish athlete has already been linked to the Warriors and Broussard dangles the idea of a Iguodala for Rudy Gay swap. A deal with the Lakers might also make some sense for both sides.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nba/1049/andre-iguodala
    I do not think AI is right here but the Raptors could help send him elsewhere.

Oh yes, and consider the source!

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't flip the pick for iguodala. i like him, but he's well into his prime. If i'm trading the pick for anyone, its someone who's just now getting into their prime.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't flip the pick for iguodala. i like him, but he's well into his prime. If i'm trading the pick for anyone, its someone who's just now getting into their prime.
    Someone like Rudy Gay?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Imagine if Casey worked similar magic on Gay that he did on Bargnani (I know, I know, it was only 13 games.....).

Gay has all the tools to be a lock down defender. Imagine Casey harnessing that 'potential'. The crazy thing (to me at least) is Gay only turns 26 in August).
    Why not "let him work more magic" on JJ (at a lot less $$$$$$)?

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Because DC's magic pertains to the defensive side of the floor. Not sure if there's "magic" out there to elevate JJ's offensive game to even compare to what Rudy Gay can do offensively. I would even go farther to say that Rudy Gay can average 25+ points per game.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    Because DC's magic pertains to the defensive side of the floor. Not sure if there's "magic" out there to elevate JJ's offensive game to even compare to what Rudy Gay can do offensively. I would even go farther to say that Rudy Gay can average 25+ points per game.
    Not sure about 25 points per game but everything else is spot on. Thanks for doing the heavy lifting

Thread Information