Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC: "We will be in a unique position with $12 million in cap space before the draft"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    No, you must make as many moves as you can, preferably increasing in complexity in each instance. Colangleo is the ultimate practitioner of the Red Queen Theory - no one runs faster to stay in exactly the same place. Look for more of the same this offseason....

In any case, I see absolutely no scenario where the Thunder don't keep Harden, so this is moot. As for Harden himself, why the hell would Harden leave a team that looks like it will be a contender for the foreseeable future to come to an organization with its head firmly buried up its ass that will be in tough to make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference for the foreseeable future? For a few million more that will have absolutely zero impact on your lifestyle? Improbable.
    i agree, but it wasn't really 'about' whether harden would come to TO, but rather, that the raptors should make a play for him. as for why he wouldn't stay there - well, OKC is committed to a number of other players with fairly hefty pricetags going forward, so it may become something of a numbers game. perhaps harden, as much as he likes it in OKC, would relish the opportunity to not be the 3rd fiddle (or 4th, depending on how you view ibaka).
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• i think harden will be a sign and trade deal in the future. i think that ibaka is more valuable to the team then harden. but okc could go another away and send westbrook away however unlikely.

right now they can afford everyone and they will compete for the title for two years with the current lineup. i really couldn't see them making a move right now that could damage that.

Comment

• I'm really trying to like the thunder and appreciate what they're doing. But, I just can't help but, have dislike toward them and everyone who plays for them.

I suppose it's because of the way they got the team are most of the reasons I have a distaste for the NBA.

I realize they have some great players that I'd love to have on my team. But, I just can't embrace it.

I suppose it's the same reasons I don'tvlike memphis. It's just I have more of a distaste because it's more recent.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          No, you must make as many moves as you can, preferably increasing in complexity in each instance. Colangleo is the ultimate practitioner of the Red Queen Theory - no one runs faster to stay in exactly the same place. Look for more of the same this offseason....

In any case, I see absolutely no scenario where the Thunder don't keep Harden, so this is moot. As for Harden himself, why the hell would Harden leave a team that looks like it will be a contender for the foreseeable future to come to an organization with its head firmly buried up its ass that will be in tough to make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference for the foreseeable future? For a few million more that will have absolutely zero impact on your lifestyle? Improbable.
          Both Harden & Ibaka can sign extensions this summer (This "oportunity was extended by OKC to both Durant -unquestionably an elite player, and Westbrook -in some ways similar to Harden-both shoot first PGs) before they become RFA next summer. If you do -OKC is already well over 40 mil to Durant, Westbrook & Perkins, this puts you in mid 60 mil with only 5 players signed (yes I assume they will both get 10-12 mil). This will not work IMO for a small market team, unless at least they make it to NBA finals.
          OKC can wait till next year, when both are RFA & "deal with it/match any contracts". It will likely cost you more $$$ (both are young & improving), while at the same time (by delaying giving them extensions) you are in essence telling both of them that they are not as important as Durant & Westbrook (both of those players received extension offers early).
          We all know how "sensitive NBA stars are" when it comes to respect or lack off. In the nutshell Ibaka is a "big" & thus gets an extension & Harden becomes a Raptor or ?????
          Maybe Eric Gordon (IMO similar to Harden -Gordon might be a better shooter, but Harden can play 1 or 2 and is more durable) will tell us what market for Harden will be next year. As for Ibaka -see D Jordan, with Ibaka being a lot more of an offensive player.
          What would you give up for Harden? -DD, this years first and ??? -or is that too much?

Comment

• In the ideal world our team could do this,

Trade Calderon for Lowry
            Sign Dan Green
            Draft Jeremy Lamb
            Sign Omer Asik
            Draft Tyshawn Taylor and Alex English
            And move DDR to the 3

Our team would look like this

PG: Lowry/Bayless/Taylor
            SG: Green/Lamb/English
            SF: DeRozan/Kleiza
            PF: Bargnani/Davis
            C: Valanciunas/Asik

It could and probably would make the playoffs

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
              In the ideal world our team could do this,

Trade Calderon for Lowry
              Sign Dan Green
              Draft Jeremy Lamb
              Sign Omer Asik
              Draft Tyshawn Taylor and Alex English
              And move DDR to the 3

Our team would look like this

PG: Lowry/Bayless/Taylor
              SG: Green/Lamb/English
              SF: DeRozan/Kleiza
              PF: Bargnani/Davis
              C: Valanciunas/Asik

It could and probably would make the playoffs
              You already posted this in another thread. It's a terrible, unlikely idea. Plus, you seem to have completely forgotten about Amir, JJ and Forbes, all of whom are under contract for next season.

Comment

• lol, plus that team would barely be better than this year's squad.

Comment

• Just place jj Amir and Forbes at reserves at sf pf and c

Comment

• I guess that'd be stupid to you guys as well

Comment

• Ok, then what's your idea

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                        Just place jj Amir and Forbes at reserves at sf pf and c
                        Forbes is a guard, JJ and Amir are forwards. Beyond the missing players, I just agree with Nilanka that the team you've assembled just isn't that good, IMO. You should probably create a thread in the trade proposal forum though, to discuss a particular trade proposal in depth.

Comment

• Sure ill do that

Comment

• The 76ers are "looking to move" Andre Iguodala, according to ESPN's Chris Broussard.

The Sixers have been flirting with an Iguodala trade for the last few seasons. According to Broussard, they now feel that Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner "won't grow to reach their potential as long as Iguodala is there." The defensive stopper and freakish athlete has already been linked to the Warriors and Broussard dangles the idea of a Iguodala for Rudy Gay swap. A deal with the Lakers might also make some sense for both sides.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nba/1049/andre-iguodala
                            I do not think AI is right here but the Raptors could help send him elsewhere.

Oh yes, and consider the source!

Comment

• I wouldn't flip the pick for iguodala. i like him, but he's well into his prime. If i'm trading the pick for anyone, its someone who's just now getting into their prime.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                I wouldn't flip the pick for iguodala. i like him, but he's well into his prime. If i'm trading the pick for anyone, its someone who's just now getting into their prime.
                                Someone like Rudy Gay?

Comment

Working...
                                X