Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC: "We will be in a unique position with $12 million in cap space before the draft"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello wrote: View Post
    Why would NO or Clipps make those trades?
    The question you should be asking is why wouldn't they? They'd be running to the fax machine to process the paper work.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      Mango, those 2 guys would bring stability to a roster fulled with young players. Both are experienced and talented guys, but they are still relatively young. Mo is definitely an upgrade over Forbes, and Okafor is a real C. We need veteran savy, and we need talent. Those players bring both. And I don't think we could get much better without loosing huge parts of our core.

Hello, NO would do this because Okafor is payed a whole lot of money and he's irrelevant to their team. Clipps would do this because they need help inside and they won't get better than Amir via free agency.
      Bro, you just wasted the whole cap space on Okafor who makes 28 million over the next 2 seasons -and Williams - who is scheduled to make 8.5 milion - both to be a backup of all things! I would believe that you would want to spend the money on impact starters.
      You can bring in guys with much better pedigrees to be a veteran presence in the locker room than Okafor and Mo Williams for significantly cheaper.

Comment

They would not come here only to be locker room/vet presence! They would play, and they would play a big role! All those deals for Gay, Granger, etc... We need to give away our best players to get them. Personally, I would not do those kind of trades.

You talk about starters, but imagine a bench filled with guys such as Mo, Emeka, JJ, Ed, Kleiza, Kendall Marshall and Aaron Gray. This would be great, IMO. I would prefer to have this bench than to have Gay or Granger with no bench.

Comment

They would not come here only to be locker room/vet presence! They would play, and they would play a big role! All those deals for Gay, Granger, etc... We need to give away our best players to get them. Personally, I would not do those kind of trades.

You talk about starters, but imagine a bench filled with guys such as Mo, Emeka, JJ, Ed, Kleiza, Kendall Marshall and Aaron Gray. This would be great, IMO. I would prefer to have this bench than to have Gay or Granger with no bench.
          Do we have anyone on our team that is a 1st team all NBA player? 2nd team? 3rd team? all-star? Anyone on the all-NBA defensive team? If the answer is no, then no one on this team should be considered 'untouchable' or not be considered in trade discussions.

You need to give up assets to acquire talent. It's as simple as that. And we need talent - badly. And when I say talent, I don't mean bench players, I mean players that can start and average over 33 minutes a game and make a real difference.

Comment

Whats the status on CHRIS KAMAN ?

Comment

4 years ago, did OKC had any all NBA player? Any all defensive? Did they trade for a superstar? 4 years later, where are they? Yeah, I know, DeMar ain't no Durant, but I think we got a pretty good core right now. Why rush things? We could end up regret it. Let's see what this team can do at the beginning of next year before going after a ''superstar''.

Comment

i would bring in okafor if we got a pick back because 14 a year is pretty steep and we are doing the hornets a favour, but new orleans isn't going to be sending one out.

but with batum making himself invaluable to the blazers my next targets are mayo or gay. i would prefer mayo. heisley is super cheap and if they lose he wont want to spend the money to keep them there.

Comment

4 years ago, did OKC had any all NBA player? Any all defensive? Did they trade for a superstar? 4 years later, where are they? Yeah, I know, DeMar ain't no Durant, but I think we got a pretty good core right now. Why rush things? We could end up regret it. Let's see what this team can do at the beginning of next year before going after a ''superstar''.
                  Yes, DeMar ain't no Durant, and we were waiting long enough... Now it's time to change something, and the best time to do it is summer, because DC need to have completed team at the start of training camp.
                  (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

Thomas A. wrote: View Post
                    Uhh, now I feel gross for calling DeRozan "Deroz". Douchiness is too great a price for brevity.
                    If it makes you feel any better I felt douchy reading it.

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    If - and that's a huge if Atlanta agrees to that deal, Colangelo will have to sign Smith long term - and that's a huge if as well. He's an expiring next season. It would look really bad to have Smith just for one season.
                    I agree it would look bad, but I don't see how Smith passes up on Toronto. IF we get a hold of him I'm sure Coangelo will throw money at him. I do think that MLSE is willing to spend money to get us into the playoffs/out of the first round. It may impact our ability to resign demar or Ed after their rookie deals, but based on their performance I'm not convinced that'll be an issue.

Toronto does a good job of supporting it's players and the team when we have a decent product, Plus, I think we'll give smith the kid of props he's looking for.

Dude, not only are none of our young players a Durant, they aren't even a westbrooke, or a harden. We need talent. I think that the raps have done a good job of acquiring good value contracts and young pieces, but that also means that you've got things that would be interesting to other teams.

one of at least Bargs/Ed/Amir is available
                    Calderon is on an expiring deal and not really part of long term plans (although resigning him for less and have him come in off the bench wouldn't be a bad decision)

With JV coming in we don't necessarily need another rookie, let alone 3

We are in good financial shape and can afford to look at acquiring more talent, yes we'll have to give some things up, and I don't want to blow up the roster, but there are a few combinations of outgoing talent that won't impact us in the grand scheme of things.
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Trade Amir for Okafor
                      Trade Forbes and both 2nd round pick for Mo Williams
                      Draft Kendall Marshall

Valanciunas/Okafor/Gray/Alabi
                      Bargnani/Davis/Magloire
                      DeRozan/Johnson/Kleiza
                      Bayless/Williams/Anderson
                      Calderon/Marshall
                      This team would be lucky to win 30 games next year.

Comment

I love this argument because it credits OKC management with having some sort of genius when the reality is they got ridiculously lucky. You don't think Portland picked potential superstars over the past 10 years? Sacramento? Washington?
                        You never know if someone will end up like Durant or like Beasley. There is so much luck involved it's not even funny.

The bottom line is, the teams that have won championships, with exception of the Spurs, have ASSEMBLED a core group of players because there is less luck involved in that. You put Pierce, Garnet and Ray Allen together, you can be pretty sure you will have a good team.

The Raptors need to go after players that will change the course of the franchise, not JJ Reddick. I agree that this time may not be now, but at some point we will have to make a move and get a proven player who take us to the next level.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          This team would be lucky to win 30 games next year.
                          They won 23 this year on a 66 games season, without Bargs for the most part of the year and with a lot of other significant players injured all season long. On a 82 games season, this is 29 wins. So you think that by switching Amir for JV and Okafor, having Mo Williams instead of Gary Forbes and Kendall Marshall instead of Anthony Carter this team would be lucky to win 30 games next year?

Comment

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Casey's comment about the need for shooters veteran or otherwise. Don't we need a post presence more so than a shooter? What good are guys like Reddick and Dorrell Wright if they can't get open shots? They don't create shots for themselves or others. They are there to draw the defense to the perimeter and to make the defense pay when they double players in the post. Is this another classic Casey smoke screen? That wacky bastard

Comment

They won 23 this year on a 66 games season, without Bargs for the most part of the year and with a lot of other significant players injured all season long. On a 82 games season, this is 29 wins. So you think that by switching Amir for JV and Okafor, having Mo Williams instead of Gary Forbes and Kendall Marshall instead of Anthony Carter this team would be lucky to win 30 games next year?
                              dont need okafor or mo to win 30 games.. theres better ways to spend money... id much rather roll with what we got then waste money on those guys

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                                I'm still trying to wrap my head around Casey's comment about the need for shooters veteran or otherwise. Don't we need a post presence more so than a shooter? What good are guys like Reddick and Dorrell Wright if they can't get open shots? They don't create shots for themselves or others. They are there to draw the defense to the perimeter and to make the defense pay when they double players in the post. Is this another classic Casey smoke screen? That wacky bastard
                                its pretty obvious that we lacked any consistant outside scoring which in turn made defences clog the lanes & made it harder for the bigs to score down low & it also makes it harder for the slashers like DD to get to the rim in a half court offence.. the post presence we need is on defence..
                                Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Fri May 4, 2012, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X