Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC: "We will be in a unique position with $12 million in cap space before the draft"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stefan5301 wrote: View Post
    Yes, we won what would've been the equivalent of 29 wins in an 82 game system, however you can argue that we won some games due to the schedule.[...]and a giant glut at the PF and C spots and no wing depth at all. Why would you want this?
    Which games were won due to the schedule? I don't understand your point. I also don't think this would at glut at PF and C, because Magloire and Alabi simply won't play when all other guys are healthy. As for the wing depth, DeMar, JJ, Kleiza and Anderson, I don't call it a lack of depth at all.

Comment

• So then why would you even sign Alabi? How many teams have 7 PF's and C's? As for our supposed wing depth with those guys, how many do you think would be starting caliber players on other teams? You could argue Demar, but other than that I doubt it. In fact JJ's stats were a lot better whilst he played PF, which doesn't help. As for scheduling wins, we played several teams on their back to backs and won some. And don't forget we got some wins over the tanking nets and bobcats.

Comment

• albertan_10 wrote: View Post
        Has anyone brought up the idea of getting Jason Terry. I believe the team has an option on him this year that they don't expect to use. He is a winning player who has gone through it all. He's also a great 3 point shooter.
        My issue with Terry is his age: he'll be 35 in September.

I know that is a bit of a double standard on my part because I have advocated for Nash who is actually older. I see a difference though given Nash's ridiculous workouts and dedication to fitness.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          My issue with Terry is his age: he'll be 35 in September.

I know that is a bit of a double standard on my part because I have advocated for Nash who is actually older. I see a difference though given Nash's ridiculous workouts and dedication to fitness.
          if were going Vet. id rather Ray Allen then Jason Terry...

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
            if were going Vet. id rather Ray Allen then Jason Terry...
            +1

Comment

• Little known fact: BryCo applied to a scriptwriter position for Spin City.

And to be frank, who would not have wanted to party Michael J Fox, Carla Gugino, Heather Locklear, and the inimitable Charlie Sheen?
              Last edited by Hugmenot; Sun May 6, 2012, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Never seen it. But, I'm guessing it's a joke.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                  Never seen it. But, I'm guessing it's a joke.
                  No, it's not. BryCo said so in the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0 interview.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    and Anderson
                    anderson is a bum. lets not say anything other than that. the rest of the players you named are good depth players. anderson is a d leaguer and not someone we should have on the team going forward.

Comment

• Via HoopsHype.com:

Vincent Goodwill: Josh and Horford could be available if the Hawks get bounced in 5...or 6...or 7. Can't come back with all 3 but who's taking Joe's max deal? Twitter
                      Goodwill is a beat writer for Detroit so the big word here is 'could'. However, the message remains the same: if they lose to Boston, changes are surely going to be on the way. Smith supposedly wants out and they have little to no financial flexibility.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        The incentive for Philly is the $30 million owed to Iguodala over the next 2 years.
                        I am not saying JJ is as good as Iguodala, but at what 6-7 times the salary?????
                        IMO Gay or Granger might both be available (since both have fairly decent & much cheaper replacements). What have we accomplished? Used up most if not all our cap space & still no outside shooters & no scorers off the bench.
                        Josh Smith would be interesting at 4 but what to do with Bargs?
                        Rondo from some rumours might be available (Ang is getting frustrated with him often);
                        JJ Redick -yes;
                        K Martin -YES (can shoot, create his own shot & gets to the line often);
                        Ray Allen -I think would come (probably at over the MLE to eliminate Bulls...);
                        Jamal Crawford (unhappy with Blazers, has 5.2 mil option);
                        OJ Mayo (good option at 6-7 mil Memphis likely will not match unless they trade Gay). Have him start over DD and/or play both;
                        E Gordon (I hear looking for 12+ mil). With injury history no thanks;
                        Beasley (I would ask Casey if he feels he can get smarten him up). Probably won't be in high demand. 1 Year plus option?
                        Omer Asik (a lot of upside. Solid D. Still young);
                        James Harden (yes one from OKC). OKC will be able to keep only 1 of 2 (Ibaka or Harden) next year. No chance with new CBA they keep (and pay) both 10+ mil (not with 40 mil in Durant, Westbrook & Perk). I'd settle for Ibaka, but I would think they keep "big".
                        D Williams -Appeal of playing in Brooklin is lovely, but what did that team do last year with Wallace & Lopez? Worse than Raptors. The only way they get Howard now is if he just signs 4 years (and leave a lot of $$$ on table). Even then -still a lousy team. No young guys nor draft choices. As for Dallas -to get him they have to renounce pretty much everybody except Dirk. I know slim change but why not dream.
                        T Evans -A lot of talent. Probably not as expensive, but is he worth the risk?
                        Okafor -If we could get a 1st rounder with him for Amir. Maybe. But I think Nola would want a lot more.
                        I think there is a danger in paying 14+ mil for very good players (not elite) -like Granger, Igy, Okafor. This kills you cap flexibility.
                        Last edited by Mapko; Tue May 8, 2012, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• As acting GM of the Toronto Raptors I have made the following decisions

We are throwing in everything but the Kitchen sink to land James Harden, Wilson Chandler and JJ Redick. The kitchen sink = Bargs and JV
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Words cannot express how much I dislike the LA Clippers. But somehow, I am smiling quietly seeing that they are up 3-1 in the series. I hope they close it out in 5, to allow the Grizz to re-evaluate their heavy payroll roster.

Meaning, trade us RUDY GAY ! My question is, seeing how Memphis may want to cut down their salary, what would it cost the Raptors to get him ? The pick has to be included I would assume. But what else ?
                            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Has anyone considered that when Colangelo says we're in a unique position with $12M in cap space before the draft, he's just stating it as fact and means nothing else by it? We had a whole bunch of ideas with our first big TPE and we did a whole lot of nothing with it.

It's like me saying that I am in a unique position from where I am sitting because I have my legs crossed while sitting on my legs on my chair, and I have no socks on my feet and I'm only wearing one shoe. Also, I have a piece of gum stuck on my nose, which I've stretched out so that it's hanging off my nose and I'm swinging my head up and down trying to get the other end of the gum to stick to my forehead.

It's a very unique position that I'm in. Everyone else better watch out!
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                                Has anyone considered that when Colangelo says we're in a unique position with $12M in cap space before the draft, he's just stating it as fact and means nothing else by it? We had a whole bunch of ideas with our first big TPE and we did a whole lot of nothing with it.

It's like me saying that I am in a unique position from where I am sitting because I have my legs crossed while sitting on my legs on my chair, and I have no socks on my feet and I'm only wearing one shoe. Also, I have a piece of gum stuck on my nose, which I've stretched out so that it's hanging off my nose and I'm swinging my head up and down trying to get the other end of the gum to stick to my forehead.

It's a very unique position that I'm in. Everyone else better watch out!
                                The TPE resulted in Bayless and James Johnson getting here. While I don't think it yielded incredible results to say we did a whole lot of nothing with it is a bit of an exaggeration.

Also, where the Raptors were 2 summers ago is much different than where they are today. Bringing in a $10+ million contract 2 seasons ago was a surefire way to ensure mediocrity for a long time.

With regards to your point of nothing happening, it is always a possibility. It does take 2 teams to make a trade. Colangelo wanting to execute a trade alone is not going to get it done.

Given the greater number options the Raptors will have taking on salary prior to July 1st in filling out a roster for 2012-13, unless the deals out there are taking back crap (think DeSanga Diop), then I fully expect salary to be taken on.

Comment

Working...
                                X