Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC: "We will be in a unique position with $12 million in cap space before the draft"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    The two guys I actually see BC going after prior to July 1st are Wilson Chandler and JJ Reddick.

They wants veteran shooters. Both these guys make about $6M a year. Orlando may be desperate to unload some of their salary to try and improve the team.

Reddick would be a great get (who will also have an expiring contract next year).

As for Chandler, I think Denver just took him back as an asset rather than a guy they want to move forward with.

Another guy I wouldn't mind going after is Scola. He's tenacious, and I would love to see him on the team. Not sure Houston would give him up, but a three headed monster of JV/Scola/Bargs would be pretty enticing.
    Interesting suggestion in Reddick. He's only got 1 year left on his deal. Wonder if Orlando would be willing to deal. He certainly fits the "shooter" requirement that Casey talked about.

Comment

I am not ashamed to admit I didn't watch a single Bucks game this year. So does anyone know if Ilyasova can play the 3? If so, he might be a good target. Plus he is 24 years old. That puts him in line with the rest of our mediocre core.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Interesting suggestion in Reddick. He's only got 1 year left on his deal. Wonder if Orlando would be willing to deal. He certainly fits the "shooter" requirement that Casey talked about.
        agreed... if BC targets anyone they will be a "shooter" as per Caseys season ending statements. Reddick would fit that mold but id set the sights a little higher then him.. hed be an option though if nothing else

id look at ray allen in the offseason if hed be willing to come here for less then 5mill.
        Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Thu May 3, 2012, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Gorlitzer wrote: View Post
          I am not ashamed to admit I didn't watch a single Bucks game this year. So does anyone know if Ilyasova can play the 3? If so, he might be a good target. Plus he is 24 years old. That puts him in line with the rest of our mediocre core.
          He plays the 3 already. But his game is more suited as a SF/PF combo (rather than a SG/SF combo). He rebounds well, plays great defense (an absolute must under Skiles), and can hit open shots. But he doesn't have the ball skills to beat his man off the dribble. Not sure if he's be a great pairing with DeRozan.

Comment

I think Josh Smith's positive greatly outweigh any concerns.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              I think Josh Smith's positive greatly outweigh any concerns.
              I'd like him if he could play SF. Given his size and athleticism, I don't see why he couldn't. I think he'd definitely be worth the two Johnsons and our 1st round pick.

Comment

I'm not sure if I'd be willing to trade our pick without getting another 1st rounder back, even if it's outside the lottery.

Comment

I'm not sure if I'd be willing to trade our pick without getting another 1st rounder back, even if it's outside the lottery.
                  I think for some of the players mentioned (ie: Gay & Smith for sure), a 1st round pick would be required. The Raps could always look to buy a later 1st round pick, or possibly swing 2 deals, so they still net out with one lottery pick.

Comment

I would say that Danny Granger probably makes the most sense out of all the options, especially if the Pacers feel that Paul George is a forward and only a forward. Financially, they're in great shape for the long-term, so re-signing Hibbert/George/Collison won't be an issue anyway, but... if they want to acquire a big name SG to pair with George (Eric Gordon, Kevin Martin, etc.), then moving Granger might enter into their minds.

Ed Davis, James Johnson, 2012 pick might be enough... I don't think we would sacrifice DD in this scenario.

As for the others...
                    • Josh Smith is probably the 2nd most likely option, although he doesn't really satisfy the 3-point shooting criterion that BC/DC are looking for from the 3 spot.
                    • Rudy Gay is wayyy too valuable for the Grizz IMO.
                    • Ditto for Deng.
                    • Ditto for Parker.
                    • Iguodala might work, but I just don't see much incentive for the Sixers. (And like Smith, shooting is not his strong suit.)

After that, I don't think anyone else in their salary bracket is really worth trading for.

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
                      Iguodala might work, but I just don't see much incentive for the Sixers. (And like Smith, shooting is not his strong suit.)
                      The incentive for Philly is the $30 million owed to Iguodala over the next 2 years.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
                        I would have to go through a thorough list of NBA salaries to know who is reasonable to go after. But from your list the only one I'd be interested in is Rudy Gay. I highly doubt he is gettable.
                        I would consider going after Ilyasova, but that wouldn't require a trade. Signing Ersan would also allow us to maintain some level of financial flexibility, which can never be a bad thing for this rebuilding process.
                        ditto. I don't see great value in most of these with a player and a lottery pick. Even though the Raptors are likely drafting at #8, they might well be able to get a player that has significant upside, and will be inexpensive for a while. Interesting that Casey is looking for shooters. In the draft, Beal, Barnes, Lamb and maybe Rivers would provide a deep threat (maybe Lillard too?)

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                          ditto. I don't see great value in most of these with a player and a lottery pick. Even though the Raptors are likely drafting at #8, they might well be able to get a player that has significant upside, and will be inexpensive for a while. Interesting that Casey is looking for shooters. In the draft, Beal, Barnes, Lamb and maybe Rivers would provide a deep threat (maybe Lillard too?)
                          I never would've guessed it, but Lillard was the best 3pt shooter of the bunch last year at 41%.

Barnes 36%
                          Beal 34%
                          Lamb 34%
                          Rivers 36%

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
                            I would say that Danny Granger probably makes the most sense out of all the options, especially if the Pacers feel that Paul George is a forward and only a forward. Financially, they're in great shape for the long-term, so re-signing Hibbert/George/Collison won't be an issue anyway, but... if they want to acquire a big name SG to pair with George (Eric Gordon, Kevin Martin, etc.), then moving Granger might enter into their minds.

Ed Davis, James Johnson, 2012 pick might be enough... I don't think we would sacrifice DD in this scenario.

As for the others...
                            • Josh Smith is probably the 2nd most likely option, although he doesn't really satisfy the 3-point shooting criterion that BC/DC are looking for from the 3 spot.
                            • Rudy Gay is wayyy too valuable for the Grizz IMO.
                            • Ditto for Deng.
                            • Ditto for Parker.
                            • Iguodala might work, but I just don't see much incentive for the Sixers. (And like Smith, shooting is not his strong suit.)

After that, I don't think anyone else in their salary bracket is really worth trading for.
                            I think the only way Eric Gordon ends up in Indiana is by sign and trade. The Pacers should remember quite well what can happen when you have big money tied up in players not meeting the expectations of the contract. Gordon healthy is worth a lot of money; the problem is he has not shown the ability to stay healthy.

If a sign and trade happens with Gordon going to Indiana, I think Danny Granger is the money piece being sent in return.

Comment

If our biggest potential move this summer is to trade for Reddick I'll be very disappointed. As BC said, we'll be in a unique position so let's get everything what's possible, not only one shooter from the bench. I'm not against Reddick, but I hope to see more action from Raptors management
                              (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

I was watching the Magic game last night thinking about what a great addition Reddick would be and with the Magic potentially blowing things up with Dwight leaving, he might very well be available. It's not just shooting. Reddick has turned into a pretty decent two-way player. Van Gundy loves him and that says a lot.

I like the Josh Smith idea but no Smith trade ever seems to work cause of his salary and the value he has to Atlanta. I don't see how that works without moving Bargnani and I can't see Atlanta necessarily even wanting Bargs. Granger also seems possible but really tough to say what the Pacers would want back. Again, short of Bargnani, don't know what the Raps could offer that would interest Indiana and beat other potential offers.

Comment

Working...
                                X