Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Sportsline

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Sportsline

    Anybody else watch this show?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Guess not.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,435
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Guess not.
    Hahaha Never saw this thread.
    But no, I've never seen it. What channel?
    In Masai we Trust.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've seen it a few times. Just a canadian ripoff of PTI. I know Hebscher knows is stuff, but I have my doubts about Clint O'Neil.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lol on CHCH , I see it once its boootlegg.

    Fake ass Mike Wilbon, dude is from Nova Scotia lol.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Hahaha Never saw this thread.
    But no, I've never seen it. What channel?
    it's on chch.

    http://www.chch.com/index.php/person.../mark-hebscher

    as you see there it's a revival of the 80's "sportsline" that was on global.


    So, PTI is a rip off of it. Since sportsline started in like '83 and pti 2001.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    Lol on CHCH , I see it once its boootlegg.

    Fake ass Mike Wilbon, dude is from Nova Scotia lol.
    again do your homework. Mark Hebscher has probably been doing sports media longer than Wilbon. if you're referring to Bubba, he's a bit of an idiot, I agree.

    There's nothing I hate more than unpatriotism. Maybe, it is shit. But, you have to stand by it. You wonder why foreigners pick on us because we're like this. it's pathetic!
    Last edited by LBF; Sat May 12th, 2012 at 01:03 PM.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    All I saw was one episode and I knew Bubba was a bandwagoner, and didn`t know much about NBA like the guys on PTI.
    PTI guys specialize more on NBA and MLB which I like more than Sportline`s Hockey favoritism and what not.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That's because of the target audience.

    PTI target's americans.

    Sportsline Canadians.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    it's on chch.

    http://www.chch.com/index.php/person.../mark-hebscher

    as you see there it's a revival of the 80's "sportsline" that was on global.


    So, PTI is a rip off of it. Since sportsline started in like '83 and pti 2001.
    Sportsline back in the 80's was nothing like what PTI is now. The sportsline that was on Global in the 80's and early 90's is like any nightly sports show now (sportscentre, connected, etc). PTI covers various "hot button" topics (mainly basketball, baseball, football, the normal American palate) and is a discussion rather than just highlightes like all of the other sports shows out there.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    That's because of the target audience.

    PTI target's americans.

    Sportsline Canadians.
    And that's what it should be. Each show knows where their bread is buttered in terms of audience. Cater to what the majority wants - and the majority in the Golden Horseshoe want to talk about hockey.

  12. #12
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    Lol on CHCH , I see it once its boootlegg.

    Fake ass Mike Wilbon, dude is from Nova Scotia lol.
    What does it matter that he's from Nova Scotia?

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There's this stereotype that east coasters are less intelligent than the rest.

    Cause all they do is drink like fish, eat potatoes and say "bye".

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Sportsline back in the 80's was nothing like what PTI is now. The sportsline that was on Global in the 80's and early 90's is like any nightly sports show now (sportscentre, connected, etc). PTI covers various "hot button" topics (mainly basketball, baseball, football, the normal American palate) and is a discussion rather than just highlightes like all of the other sports shows out there.
    Ok, let's say you're right. So what?

    Ridiculousness is a copycat of Tosh.O and that is a twisted rip off of talk soup.

    Bur, yet they're all unique even though they keep the same format.

    PTI doesn't have what sportsline calls "the Hebsy's". It won't cover the CFL or other canadian sports besides hockey. Sportsline doesn't do "five good minutes".

    It keeps the same format. But, it's unique.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    All im saying is PTI over Sportsline, and I`m not against people from Nova Scotia its just they have a light skinned black dude just like Mike Wilbon on the show but hes not as good as Mike, kinda bootleg.

  16. #16
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Ok, let's say you're right. So what?

    Ridiculousness is a copycat of Tosh.O and that is a twisted rip off of talk soup.

    Bur, yet they're all unique even though they keep the same format.

    PTI doesn't have what sportsline calls "the Hebsy's". It won't cover the CFL or other canadian sports besides hockey. Sportsline doesn't do "five good minutes".

    It keeps the same format. But, it's unique.
    So what? I don't know, you tell me. You're the one that argued that PTI copied Sportsline when in fact it was the other way around.

    Each show has it's own qualities. I do like that Sportsline covers topics within the Golden Horseshoe. But PTI is much more entertaining.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wouldn't have made the claim that PTI copied Sportsline. If you hadn't made the claim that Sportsline copied PTI, twice now.

    e2thed- Bubba may look like Wilbon. But, like I said sportsline has it's own uniqueness. One being Bubba weighs about 200 lbs more than Wilbon. lol

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What makes you say PTI is much more entertaining?

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    All im saying is PTI over Sportsline, and I`m not against people from Nova Scotia its just they have a light skinned black dude just like Mike Wilbon on the show but hes not as good as Mike, kinda bootleg.
    I hate to single you out. But, you did make the comments.

    If you don't have a problem with Nova Scotians why'd you make the comment? We're you expecting people to have a different response?

    You're entitled to your opinion. But, you did say you only saw the show once and judging by you're response of "bootleg". I'd say you didn't even watch it through. But, I think you said that because of the popular response of negativity towards it.

    But, again you're entitled to your opinion. Whatever that may be.

  20. #20
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't have made the claim that PTI copied Sportsline. If you hadn't made the claim that Sportsline copied PTI, twice now.

    e2thed- Bubba may look like Wilbon. But, like I said sportsline has it's own uniqueness. One being Bubba weighs about 200 lbs more than Wilbon. lol
    So what's your point? I'm still trying to understand..help me understand it. The CHCH version of sportline copied the same format as ESPN's PTI, so what exactly are you up in arms about?

    Sportsline has it's own uniqueness..because it covers more local topics. It appeals more to it's local market.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •