Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BC: "We will be in a unique position with $12M in cap space before the draft" Part 2

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see them somehow land Alec Burks in the off-season. I think he's a great diamond in the rough prospect.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'd like to see them somehow land Alec Burks in the off-season. I think he's a great diamond in the rough prospect.
    What about DD?

Similar game, same position.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if they're all that similar. Burks has better handling skills. I don't know why the Raptors would have to choose between one or the other.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure i'd say they have similar game. I don't see Jazz trading him, if anything it'll be one of Jefferson or Millsap.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chisholm's SF Options

Between Josh Smith, Danny Granger, Tayshaun Prince, Rudy Gay, and Andre Iguodala, Chisholm believes Iguodala is the most likely.

Here he is, the guy every Raptors fan looks at with a possessive hunger, as he should have been theirs from the get-go. Unlike the ever-improving Pacers with Danny Granger, Philadelphia looks to have reached a plateau with Iguodala in toe. Not to mention, with Evan Turner's role growing, Iguodala's place on the roster looks more and more tenuous. The Sixers are facing free agency for high-scorer Lou Williams and starting center Spencer Hawes, so freeing up some cash might be appealing to management, too. His tenacious defense is something Toronto would love to import, and his strong passing and newfound three-point shot (.394 this year) make him an ideal fit. He might cost Toronto an asset like their draft pick or DeMar DeRozan, but if Colangelo feels like he has Iguodala in his grasp he'll have a hard time letting go.

However, If Philly is patient then they'll watch Elton Brand's $18-million contract come off of the books next summer, which might temper their desire to salary-dump Iguodala this year. Also, Philly was a top-three defensive efficiency team this season and a lot of that had to do with Iguodala. Lose him and the team may not only lose its identity but also their grip on a bottom-four playoff finish. That said, if Toronto offered DeRozan, Ed Davis and the right to swap picks (Toronto's 8th, top-three protected for Philly's 15th) for Iguodala and Nikola Vucevic, it would be pretty hard for Philly to hang up the phone.
    http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/tim_chisholm/?id=395941
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't that sound like a lot for a guy with a bad contract and who's numbers have regressed every year since signing said bad contract? Why do the 76ers a favor? The draft pick should be off limits to them in this scenario.

Someone needs to ask Chisholm just how the heck he defines a "Salary Dump" because to me it sure as hell doesn't mean receiving better than market value while reducing cap.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I can't say I'm for the idea of acquiring Iggy. And like you, I don't want our lotto pick traded, unless we plan to move up somehow.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

The only Sixer I'd be interested in is Holiday..... but I think I've made that clear in the past

Post Thanks / Like

if you could get iggy without touching the pick i'd do it. dude blew me away this year. yes he's in his prime, but he's still got some solid years left. imagine him playing next to nash?

now if we swapped picks and got iggy AND jrue i'd be in
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    if you could get iggy without touching the pick i'd do it. dude blew me away this year. yes he's in his prime, but he's still got some solid years left. imagine him playing next to nash?

now if we swapped picks and got iggy AND jrue i'd be in
    I guess that would be alright... I suppose.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Except Philly is poised to make a deeper playoff run than what they had first set out to.

It changes the dynamics quite a bit, having reached the 2nd round and actually stealing a game in Boston.

It will only drive Andre Iguodala's value up.

Total opposite of that Memphis team.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the Clippers and Spurs playoff game.

We really do need to take a hard look at Danny Green (Thanks Matt)

He had handles, he has a shot, he can defend...

Eric Bledsoe is also looking exceptional

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gregg Popovich amazes me every year with how he molds these kids into effective role players.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be all for acquiring Iggy, same thing for Green. 4 key and somewhat realistic things I think we should look at this summer are:
    1. Draft Marshall
    2. Sign Steve Nash
    3. Sign Danny Green
    4. Trade for Iggy

Players involved in the deal for Iggy could be guys such as DeMar, Jose, Amir and Forbes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    Except Philly is poised to make a deeper playoff run than what they had first set out to.

It changes the dynamics quite a bit, having reached the 2nd round and actually stealing a game in Boston.

It will only drive Andre Iguodala's value up.

Total opposite of that Memphis team.
    Unfortunately, the win over Chicago is going to have a big * next to it. Rose tears his ACL in game 1 and Noah goes down in game 4. There is no way they win if Chicago is healthy. They struggled as is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information