Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Would you rather" tournament pick'em: The Final 4 has begun! (post 204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like A better. More of a chance B becomes a bust.

Comment

A.

Comment

A
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

A
          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

I'll take B ... we need to add a piece with a decent handle - and ability to create.
            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Love this thread! Missed the first match of votes but I'll go with A for this match.

One quick question, what happens in the second round? Are you going to use different scouting reports so that we will still not know who we are voting for? Maybe you should only say who got eliminated? And who the beat in previous rounds? Just a thought, love the blind voting!
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Gots to be A
                in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

A
                  TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                    Love this thread! Missed the first match of votes but I'll go with A for this match.

One quick question, what happens in the second round? Are you going to use different scouting reports so that we will still not know who we are voting for? Maybe you should only say who got eliminated? And who the beat in previous rounds? Just a thought, love the blind voting!
                    I will be using different reports for each round, so although the number of players will be less (decreasing the "blindness" factor), it will still be a blind vote. I have some ideas for the next couple rounds that I think will keep it fairly blind (i.e. - less informative scouting reports).
                    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                    ― John Wooden

Comment

A seems to be a better fir for our team. With the Raps saying they need better shooters and all that.

Comment

Yeah I am going with A.

This is an excellent thread btw.

Comment

A

Comment

you should add like an hour between each where people can guess who they are based on the reports then reveal it

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                              you should add like an hour between each where people can guess who they are based on the reports then reveal it
                              That's a good idea... I was trying to think of way for people to guess without ruining the whole idea behind the thread, which is to remove the sexiness of names. I could close the voting at 10 with a message and then have an hour for guesses. The drawback to this is that it is pretty late for some that are involved in this and they may not get that chance.

The other idea I had was to start a "sister" thread (another thread just for guessing), where you guys could go and guess after you placed your vote... it would increase the bragging rights aspect of this idea. What do you guys think?
                              “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                              ― John Wooden

Comment

Round 1 - Match 3

First off, the winner of Round 1 Match 2 is:

A)Harrison Barnes - 13 votes................ B)Quincy Miller - 3 votes

Barnes moves on to the Elite 8!

Match 3

Would you rather have...

Player E
                                Does Well:
                                - Solid guard build and size, wiry frame, long wingspan
                                - Great athleticism, excellent quickness, acceleration and burst, change of pace, springy, can push tempo and excel in transition
                                - Aggressive scorer, penetrating guard and good finisher, gets to free throw line frequently
                                - Point guard skill set, Unselfish player, excels as a “drive and kick” player attacking the basket and finding perimeter shooters, good feel for when to pass and score at point, tight handle, potential as pick and roll player
                                - Gamer, makes shots out of pure competitiveness, confident, good basketball IQ, good rebounding guard
                                - Can play off ball, spot up shooting threat and good 3-point shooter with deep range, can be used at two guard

Must Improve:
                                - Shooting mechanics, shoots ball in front of his right eye until last moment, doesn’t set his feet, elbow bent far out wide, shoots off balance and kicks out his feet from distance
                                - Can play out of control, easy target for charges, shot selection can get iffy and will force attempts
                                - Not that great of a passer and distributor, accuracy decent at best, doesn’t routinely put passes on the money, assist totals exaggerated by excellent perimeter shooters on team and not creating for them
                                - Defensive effort is lackadaisical, doesn’t show much effort or intensity manning the perimeter, goes through the motions

Player F
                                Does Well:
                                - NBA scoring guard build, above average length (5.3% wingspan greater than height differential), filled in muscular frame, wiry
                                - Explosive athlete, blistering quick first step, super agile, springy leaping ability, solid body control, change of direction
                                - Quick strike ball handler with a killer crossover, hesitation, spin move and sick step back move; shifty, great change of pace
                                - Unlimited shooting range, NBA 3-pt. range, can get in “the zone” as a shooter”, great spot up threat and equally dangerous off the dribble
                                - Ice cold scorer, super confident, clutch shooter, ‘go to’ player in crucial moments, premier Iso weapon, very aggressive, superb attack mode

Must Improve:
                                - Underachiever as a creator and distributor for teammates, can be selfish, volume shooter
                                - Very right hand dominant ball handler, will go right almost every time, needs continued work with off hand and going left
                                - Shot selection can be dicey, takes lots of contested shots with defender in his face, will try to do too much
                                - Needs work honing a midrange game, everything is a drive or 3-pointer
                                - Questionable effort on the defensive end, has the lateral quickness but lacks focus and commitment, subpar shot contester, gambles unsuccessfully too much in passing lanes

Let me know if we should start another thread that can be strictly used for guessing who these players are. The point of that thread would be to check it AFTER you have voted and getting some bragging rights for guessing the players.
                                Also I changed the letters in case people aren't looking at the current matchup.
                                Last edited by The Coach; Wed May 9, 2012, 07:49 AM.
                                ― John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X