Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Would you rather" tournament pick'em: The Final 4 has begun! (post 204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    This one is much tougher. Can I choose neither?

If I had to pick one over the other, I think I would go with E. Don't like the 'selfish' quality of F which completely turned me off of him.
    + 1. I'd say neither, but since that isn't an option, I go with E.

Comment

To be honest they seem like very similair players.
      I would go with F as more of his weaknesses will be changed from Casey and other staff members as well as getting used to the NBA.

Comment

F, the killer crossover along with unlimited range sounds good to me given how close they are overall as far as strength/weaknesses that puts it over the top to me
        Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Player E seems like the more reliable pick, but player F seems to be more high-risk, high-reward.

Sign me up for E, he's a better fit for the Raptors in my opinion.

Comment

Ya these ones are close. Not that I think the Raptors should take either but they both seem like the same type of player. I gotta go with E.

Comment

Round 1 - Match 4

First off, the winner of Round 1 Match 3 is:

F)Austin Rivers - 11 votes...................E)Damian Lillard - 7 votes.

Rivers moves on to the Elite 8!

Match 3

Would you rather have...

Player G
              Does Well:
              - Freakish length with 7’0″ wingspan (9.1% greater than height differential), solid size for an NBA SG but length makes him seem bigger
              - Tremendous athlete with great quickness, leaping ability, and straight line speed, glides to the basket on straight line drives and finishes at a high rate at the rim
              - Excellent perimeter defender with great lateral quickness; great at contesting shots, rotating and fighting over screens; Instinctive player who uses length effectively to jump passing lanes
              - Crisp off ball play, has great timing and anticipation of where to be on floor for easy basket, excels shooting coming off ball screens, perimeter shooting threat off the catch, solid midrange game and 3-point threat
              - High basketball IQ, doesn’t do too much outside his game, doesn’t need ball to leave an impact, fundamental basketball player; NBA ready with off ball play and defense

Must Improve:
              - Needs to build muscle to frame and grow into his body, 5-10 lb.s ideal for his frame but still going to be one of the more meek of build among NBA guards
              - Isolation play and creating his own shot off the dribble, being more aggressive with the ball and attack the basket (only 1.4 free throw attempts per game as frosh), struggles to break down D with inability to change direction quickly
              - Consistent defensive effort, needs to do a better job of moving feet and getting in defensive stance, “swipey” on defense after getting beat making him susceptible to cheap fouls on plays he should be able to stay in front of

Player H
              Does Well:
              - Explosive athlete, outstanding vertical leap, great end-to-end speed, quick first step and burst, superb body control and contortion around the rim
              - Midrange marksman with great depth out to NBA 3-point range, great off ball player and spot up shooter coming off screens, always squared and ready to shoot, high release point
              - Can create his own shot off the dribble, ability to set up for jumper or attack rim, nice crossover and step back dribble for jumper
              - Excellent passer and distributor, exceptional court vision, unselfish player, trusted entry passer into post and for off ball shooters, can set up plays
              - Defensive presence, has length, athleticism, instincts and lateral quickness to be a high level perimeter defender, play maker in passing lanes, contests shots well
              - Natural feel for the game, high basketball IQ, good decision maker, versatile, assertive play maker, active rebounder

Must Improve:
              - Frail frame in need of strength, 5-10 pounds of muscle to fill out body, struggles to finish through contact
              - Streak shooter, can get very hot/cold from 3-point range, tendency to force some poor shots driving the lane
              - Can become too hesitant to isolate, doesn’t need ball to be effective but becomes confined to being a spot up threat

Thanks for the feedback, I have decided to continue announcing the winners because I started that way and will definitely look for your feedback after the tournament to make it better next time. I am also going to post the winners somewhere between 10-11ish mountain time as my life is not always as consistent as it is necessary to always be on at exactly 11. It seems most people have voted by 9 mountain time anyway.
              “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
              ― John Wooden

Comment

I think H
                TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

G please. but i think this one has been the hardest to choose between. that length at the 2 is pretty big as is a kid who stays within his game to me.

Comment

Absolutely G. That last point under "Does Well" sold me on him.

Comment

Seems like a lot of similarities between these two... both sound like good athletes, good defenders, good rebounders, high bball IQ, decent shooters. I'm going with H based on his ability to create his own shot, something the Raptors could definitely use in a wingman.

Comment

Player H.

Based on the review, he seems like he has everything we want DeMar to develop - passing, creativity with dribble moves and defensive presence. G sounds good as well & I have a good feeling on who this player is, but I gave the edge to H because of the atheticism.
                        “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

I'll go with H. His most worrisome weakness seems to be a result from being the best (only) player on his team. That wouldn't be the case once he get's to the pro's.
                          "Can become too hesitant to isolate, doesn’t need ball to be effective but becomes confined to being a spot up threat"

Comment

G all day everyday.

Comment

G
                              Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Tough choice for me, the 7' wing span is impressive for G, but the top tier athleticism of H is intriguing. I wish I knew more about the size of H.

While I was leaning towards H, I am going with G, I like the line about fundamentals.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X