Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: DeRozan officially invited to Team USA national training camp/Year 3 highlight mix

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jay Triano coaching the USA select team

I don't I like this! Took DeMar a whole year to forget about this guy. Now his going to be reminded for two weeks. I just hope he doesn't fall back into bad habits.
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

From ESPN

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Boston Celtics center Greg Stiemsma and Lance Thomas of the New Orleans Hornets have been added to the select team of young players that will train against the U.S. men's Olympic basketball team.

Also, USA Basketball has announced that Orlando forward Ryan Anderson has withdrawn, leaving the roster at 14 players.

USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo says Wednesday the Americans were committed to inviting two players from their Pan American Games team that won a bronze medal last summer.

The select team will train July 6-11 against the Americans in Las Vegas. The roster also includes Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving, Jeremy Lin, John Wall, Kawhi Leonard, DeJuan Blair, DeMarcus Cousins, DeMar DeRozan, Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward, Paul George, Taj Gibson and Klay Thompson.
    I am starting to wonder if this select team is going to build DeMar's confidence or, with the guys that are being added, the confidence of the actual USA team. Stiemsma and Lance Thomas?
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like

Quote The Coach wrote: View Post
    From ESPN

I am starting to wonder if this select team is going to build DeMar's confidence or, with the guys that are being added, the confidence of the actual USA team. Stiemsma and Lance Thomas?
    The reason that Thomas and Stiemsma were added is because they participated in the Pan-Am games team, as an incentive, Jerry Colangelo said that 2 players from that team would be added to the select team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    The reason that Thomas and Stiemsma were added is because they participated in the Pan-Am games team, as an incentive, Jerry Colangelo said that 2 players from that team would be added to the select team.
    If those are the guys you choose from that team, then I could see the need for incentive. Thanks for clearing that up.
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like

i actually really like stiemsma.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

i have no idea who lance thomas is
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    i actually really like stiemsma.
    If I was the Dutch national team coach, I would really like him too... but for a USA squad?
    ― John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like

It's just young guys to throw at the national team. He's a quality defender.

Post Thanks / Like

If I was the Dutch national team coach, I would really like him too... but for a USA squad?
    Maybe this will help, he is like a training partner for a boxer, some one who will stand in there and take punches. He is not on the USA team, he is a practice player, there to bang and get dunked on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Maybe this will help, he is like a training partner for a boxer, some one who will stand in there and take punches. He is not on the USA team, he is a practice player, there to bang and get dunked on.
    Oh perfect, I am glad we straightened that out... and how again would that role help improve DeMar's confidence?

"I remember that summer when Stiemsma and I played pylons for the USA squad... good times, good times."

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Demar will dunk on Kobe and wade

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh perfect, I am glad we straightened that out... and how again would that role help improve DeMar's confidence?

"I remember that summer when Stiemsma and I played pylons for the USA squad... good times, good times."
    Next Olympics, I wanna be the one owning these Select Team kids.

Either way, you should be able to talk to some of the NBA's best and get some real advice on and off the court. If I was him, I'd be asking Kobe, "can you show me some of that footwork?" or LeBron "yo, how you so deezed" or KD "you're skinny, but how are you so good" ... Anything that would help his game kinda thing.

Maybe specific questions:
    "How'd you improve your explosiveness"
    "When defense is playing me like this, how do you read that?"
    "How can I get referees attention. What do I say so I can complain and wont get T'd up"

Something like that.
    Last edited by torch19; Tue Jun 12th, 2012 at 12:11 AM.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Demar will dunk on Kobe and wade
    Demar will be ruled like a caged animal by Kobe and Wade
    @jerboat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information