No announcement yet.

Dwane Casey: "We need to add shooters to our roster."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think using the amnesty clause is a foregone conclusion. Calderon is another guy who should have good market value.

Comment

• I still wish Colangelo had made the trade I suggested at the deadline,
      Barbosa for Marvin Williams and ATL first
      We get a pick and an underated player, they replace Crawford and save money.

Comment

• Hello wrote: View Post
        I still wish Colangelo had made the trade I suggested at the deadline,
        Barbosa for Marvin Williams and ATL first
        We get a pick and an underated player, they replace Crawford and save money.
        By making the trade he did, he could take on $12M in salary first and then make the trade you proposed with the TPE.

I can't wait to see how all this 'flexibility' plays out.

Comment

• Marvin Williams is such a letdown for someone like myself who is hoping for either Rudy Gay / Andre Iguodala.
          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• It would depend on what other moves he made. Marvin Williams would be a good 6th man option. He can play both forward positions and he offers a lot of versatility, something Colangelo highly values and the Raptors really need. I would welcome him as an addition as long as it doesn't prevent them from landing a legit impact player via free agency or another trade.

Comment

• Unless were moving both Klieza and JJ, I dont really want to see Williams here anymore.

I think Klieza plays a similiar role on our team as Williams would, at a cheaper price, and might be able to help JV.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                Amir needs to be moved no matter what happens, or possibly amnestied if we can move Calderon. There are not enough minutes at PF and C for Bargs, Davis, Jonas, Gray, Kleiza, Magloire. Marvin fills a need at least as a shooter and SF and I find his play to be slightly more valuable than amir. He also fits Caseys wants as a hard working veteran with lots of playoff experience.
                I don't think anyone is concerned about finding minutes for Gray or Magloire.

Comment

• Gray is pretty important, especially next year.

edit: assuming he's brought back
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    Gray is pretty important, especially next year.

He's important as Valanciunas' backup. His minutes would be entirely dependent on Valanciunas' learning curve.

But either way, we don't need to worry about "finding" minutes for Gray. Whether it's 15 minutes per game, or 30 seconds per game, he'll only be on the floor when Valanciunas isn't.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      Gray is pretty important, especially next year.

I like Gray as a 5th big, but not as a 4th big.

Also, I would not refer resigning anyone whose next contract will average less than $2M a year as important.

Comment

Working...
                      X