Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Can you win a championship with Bargnani?

Post Thanks / Like

So at the end of the day we all agree that Bargs is a good dude but needs to be surrounded with WAY better talent before championships can be chased, right?

So now the question is, should BC go ahead with his "hit the ground running" plan (big Val + draft pick + vets) and aim for the playoffs or should we roll with what we have and keep building the youth core?

Watching teams like the Nuggets and Utah in the playoffs make me think maybe we should keep going youth. Those teams are going to be ELITE in a couple years when their young guys develop. I know it'll drive Casey insane but it seems the natural way to build a contender. Just ask the thunder. I'm sure if you asked Durant how he felt the first few years he was in the league he'd just laugh, but wouldn't hesitate to tell you he appreciates the route now.

Discuss.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats why i find it pointless to get rid of up and coming players like demar who still have a chance to improve. Just roll with the guys we have, add the 2 picks a couple decent FA and were good. BC has always talked of "Organic growth" so i don't think he'll move any of our recent picks

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    So at the end of the day we all agree that Bargs is a good dude but needs to be surrounded with WAY better talent before championships can be chased, right?

So now the question is, should BC go ahead with his "hit the ground running" plan (big Val + draft pick + vets) and aim for the playoffs or should we roll with what we have and keep building the youth core?

Watching teams like the Nuggets and Utah in the playoffs make me think maybe we should keep going youth. Those teams are going to be ELITE in a couple years when their young guys develop. I know it'll drive Casey insane but it seems the natural way to build a contender. Just ask the thunder. I'm sure if you asked Durant how he felt the first few years he was in the league he'd just laugh, but wouldn't hesitate to tell you he appreciates the route now.

Discuss.
    I don't really agree with that. At the end of the day, only a handful of teams have ever won a championship, and only slightly more have made the finals. The same teams make it every year, with some outliers in certain decades, because they get the best guys available.

Denver or Utah (more likely utah) will be MAYBE a 3 seed if they can keep everyone together, and then lose in the conference finals. If we want to win a championship, we should do it the same way it is done most years, and that's bringing in proven guys.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

No, we do not all agree.

Yay, we live in an universe where the choice must be between A and B, and nothing else!

I am just tired of these loaded questions.

Discuss.
    I don't see the Nuggets and Jazz becoming elite with their current roster. Good teams who will have a middle seed in the playoff, sure, but also teams who will be longshot at the title.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information